Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: is not an identifier error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting is not an identifier error Post 302429805 by svajhala on Tuesday 15th of June 2010 03:24:23 PM
Old 06-15-2010
Hey Scott,

Problem is with only the LastExtractDate variable but not others. However I have put the quotations for all the variables and tried. It still did not work. What else might be the problem?

Thanks,
Sam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting is not an identifier error

Hi all, I am getting this error while setting CLASSPTH using a script my script is #!bin/ksh export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:<some path>:<some path> If i do this thing on shell prompt individually it is working fine. but while using in shell script it is giving error. better if you... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: swat
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

': not a valid identifier

I am trying to write a bash script. I am able to do simple things like pass arguments, assign variables and echo the results. However, when I try to declare and array or anything a little more complicated I get ': not a valid identifier Here is my code so far: #!/bin/bash echo start t... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: script123
7 Replies

3. Solaris

-sh: is not an identifier

Hi , I am getting the following message when log into my unix account in sun solaris (version5.9)server. -sh: ORACLE_HOME=/apps/oracle/product/10.2.0/client_1: is not an identifier The ORACLE_HOME is set in .profile file. Another thing is that SID is also set inside .profile like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: megh
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

not an identifier

Hi I have already gone through this topic on this forum, but still i am getting same problem. I am using solaris 10. my login shell is /usr/bash i have got a script as below /home/gyan> cat 3.cm #!/usr/bin/ksh export PROG_NAME=rpaa001 if i run this script as below , it works fine... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gyanibaba
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

is not an identifier

Hi Guys... I am using the following codes in my script: SID_L=`cat /var/opt/oracle/oratab|grep -v "^#"|cut -f1 -d: -s` SID_VAR=$SID_L for SID_RUN in $SID_VAR do ORACLE_HOME=`grep ^$SID_RUN /var/opt/oracle/oratab | \ awk -F: '{print $2}'` ;export ORACLE_HOME export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ORACLE_SID= ...: is not an identifier

Hello All, On My solaris 5.10 SPARC, i am always having problems setting my Oracle variables. even if it exists in the .profile file. below is an example $ export ORACLE_SID=test ORACLE_SID=test: is not an identifier even that the echo is returning the variable $ echo $ORACLE_SID... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beayni33
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifier issue

Hi, We are in the process of migrating our servers from Solaris to AIX. During our testing phase, while we are testing the scripts(reccnt.int), we are getting the following error during execution: /reccnt.int: a:fname:b:dte:tme:eqind:norecs:cntr:c:d:e:f: is not an identifier It is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyaranoid
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

error while extracting a line from a file based on identifier

here is the content of input file CREATE TABLE `bla bla bla` ( `allianceSiteId` int(11) DEFAULT NULL, `trunkGroupsId` int(11) DEFAULT NULL, `lastModified` timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, UNIQUE KEY `allianceSiteId`... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Is not a identifier error

Hi I am trying to execute a script. I have solaris 10, After i login i will toggle to BASH. The script tried to set a variable called CARBON_HOME. Even i tried to set it manually. But still it is saying the following error.:wall: " CARBON_HOME=/usr/wso2/wso2esb-4.0.0: is not an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnanagurus
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compilation Error--Undeclared Identifier

Hello, I am trying to install BBFTP software on my Mac (OS X), and am running into some compilation errors. Here is the code, the specific errors are listed after: #include <dirent.h> #include <errno.h> #include <fnmatch.h> #include <netinet/in.h> #include <syslog.h> #include <sys/stat.h>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tyler_92
1 Replies
qmail-queue(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    qmail-queue(8)

NAME
qmail-queue - queue a mail message for delivery SYNOPSIS
qmail-queue DESCRIPTION
qmail-queue reads a mail message from descriptor 0. It then reads envelope information from descriptor 1. It places the message into the outgoing queue for future delivery by qmail-send. The envelope information is an envelope sender address followed by a list of envelope recipient addresses. The sender address is preceded by the letter F and terminated by a 0 byte. Each recipient address is preceded by the letter T and terminated by a 0 byte. The list of recipient addresses is terminated by an extra 0 byte. If qmail-queue sees end-of-file before the extra 0 byte, it aborts without placing the message into the queue. Every envelope recipient address should contain a username, an @ sign, and a fully qualified domain name. qmail-queue always adds a Received line to the top of the message. Other than this, qmail-queue does not inspect the message and does not enforce any restrictions on its contents. However, the recipients probably expect to see a proper header, as described in qmail-header(5). Programs included with qmail which invoke qmail-queue will invoke the contents of $QMAILQUEUE instead, if that environment variable is set. FILESYSTEM RESTRICTIONS
qmail-queue imposes two constraints on the queue structure: each mess subdirectory must be in the same filesystem as the pid directory; and each todo subdirectory must be in the same filesystem as the intd directory. EXIT CODES
qmail-queue does not print diagnostics. It exits 0 if it has successfully queued the message. It exits between 1 and 99 if it has failed to queue the message. All qmail-queue error codes between 11 and 40 indicate permanent errors: 11 Address too long. 31 Mail server permanently refuses to send the message to any recipients. (Not used by qmail-queue, but can be used by programs offering the same interface.) All other qmail-queue error codes indicate temporary errors: 51 Out of memory. 52 Timeout. 53 Write error; e.g., disk full. 54 Unable to read the message or envelope. 55 Unable to read a configuration file. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 56 Problem making a network connection from this host. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 61 Problem with the qmail home directory. 62 Problem with the queue directory. 63 Problem with queue/pid. 64 Problem with queue/mess. 65 Problem with queue/intd. 66 Problem with queue/todo. 71 Mail server temporarily refuses to send the message to any recipients. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 72 Connection to mail server timed out. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 73 Connection to mail server rejected. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 74 Connection to mail server succeeded, but communication failed. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 81 Internal bug; e.g., segmentation fault. 91 Envelope format error. SEE ALSO
addresses(5), envelopes(5), qmail-header(5), qmail-inject(8), qmail-qmqpc(8), qmail-send(8), qmail-smtpd(8) qmail-queue(8)