Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Running SQLPLUS Script in CRONTAB Post 302429569 by ranjithpr on Tuesday 15th of June 2010 01:06:46 AM
Old 06-15-2010
Zaxxon mean in 'sqlplus' line, not in sql file. You have to add it like

Code:
/u01/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/bin/sqlplus -s xxxx/xxxx @/home/ivbbuild/rec.sql  > /home/ivbbuild/rech.txt 2>&1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

running shell script from sqlplus

I have a script which connects to different database servers using sqlplus. Is there a way by which I can run a shell command on that host from sqlplus? I know about 'host' command but it runs script on the local machine where the original script is running. Is there a way to run command on the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkr123
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT: cron job not running the sqlplus command in shell script

cron job not running the sqlplus command in shell script but the shell script works fine from command line.. Cronjob: 5 * * * * /home/dreg/script.sh script.sh: #!/bin/ksh /oracle/u000/app/oracle/product/10204/GEN/bin/sqlplus -s <user>/<pass>@<sid/home/dreg/sqlscript.sh ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikea
18 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting error when running script through crontab

Hi all, I wrote small script for Solaris and when I am running it through command prompt its ok, but when I trying to run it using crontab, i am getting error like: ld.so.1: dbloader: fatal: libACE.so: open failed: No such file or directory /tmp/file.sh: line 5: 8304 Killed ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with crontab running a script

I am trying to use the CRON utility in Fedora 11 & CentOS... I intend to run a script which pops up a warning message every hour and i made the following entry using "CRONTAB -e " * * * * * sh /bin/myscript.sh But this does not seem to be running. Another thing to note is that,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vabiosis
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab not running a script

Hi, I posted this in the Solaris forum but I think this one would be more appropriate. I created a script starting with the following lines: #!/usr/bin/ksh flag=n export flag typeset -i quant=0 (...) When running it I'm getting the following 2 errors: /tmp/tstscript/testfail.ksh:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cvg
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Particular script not running through crontab

Hi, I have created the below script, set -x # Set the Path of Environment file ENV_FILE_DIR=/opt/app/p1trp1c1/sybase/ecdwqdm/xrbid/QDM_Prod/bin LOG_DIR=/opt/app/p1trp1c1/sybase/ecdwqdm/xrbid/QDM_Prod/log export ENV_FILE_DIR export LOG_DIR # Set Audit Environment . ${ENV_FILE_DIR}/QDM.env... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yohasini
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab not running script

Hi All, I am having the below script to be run from crontab, it it doesnt run. 1 * * * * /home/cobr_ext/test.sh > /home/cobr_ext/temp.txt when i run i manally it runs without any issues. Could please help me as to why doesnt it run the script.:( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delay in running script from crontab

I am facing an issue where sometimes crontab is running script with some delay. Below is the stmt in script and it is the only stmt in script. echo "running at `date` " >> CRONCHECK.log Below is the cron entry. 0 11 * * * CRONCHECK.sh Below is the time of run each day. running at Fri... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nishant Singh
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Error during running sqlplus command from shell script in Solaris

I am using following code to connect to oracle database from solaris shell script. which will try thrice to connect the database ...at the 4rth atempt it will exir=t. count=0 while ; do sqlplus -s $usrname/$password@dbSID <<-EOF | tee $logfile WHENEVER OSERROR EXIT 9; WHENEVER SQLERROR... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRONTAB - one python script is not running

Hi! I'm using a RaspberryPi with standard Raspbian. Currently I'm working on some sort of weather station. For now I have three python scripts - one which is updating txt files for website - update1m.py ( it will not be necessary in few next days so I'll delete it) , second one for updating... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bartocham
4 Replies
AMANDA-SCRIPTS(7)						    Miscellanea 						 AMANDA-SCRIPTS(7)

NAME
amanda-scripts - Configuring and using the Script API DESCRIPTION
The Script API is a flexible system for invoking user-supplied scripts at various points in the execution of Amanda. This manual page describes the operation and configuration of the API. For help writing Script API scripts, see http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Script_API. SCRIPTS
This section lists the scripts included with Amanda, see the individual man page for instructions on using them. For complete How-To information, consult the Amanda wiki at http://wiki.zmanda.com. o amzfs-snapshot(8), - create/destroy zfs snapshot. o script-email(8), - send email. Script properties work just like application properties: they are insensitive to case, and - (dash) and _ (underscore) may be used interchangeably. SCRIPTS OUTPUT PROPERTY
A pre-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate or pre-dle-backup executed on the client can output property on stdout that are sent to the application. If the output line matches "PROPERTY str1 str2", Amanda sets a property called "str1" by the value of "str2", that property is sent to the application. SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 AMANDA-SCRIPTS(7)