Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK Problem in recursive function Post 302429476 by kcoder24 on Monday 14th of June 2010 02:01:02 PM
Old 06-14-2010
Thx a lot vgersh99, I'm checking the output, but it looks good.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

recursive function

Hi everyone, i need your input on this. We can express a function recursivly like this A(n) = (2 n = 0 5 n = 1 A(n − 1) + A(n − 2) % 47 n > 1 How would i go about constructing a recursive function for this?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bebop1111116
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Recursive function

Hi all, I have to move all the files in a tree directory structure to a single directory. Inorder to know which file is from which directory , i'll have to add the name of the directory to the file name. For this i wrote a recursive function which is as follows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malle
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive function call problem

This is shell script I have made to lists out directory contents and filenames for any given directory (without using ls command). There is some problem in dirfunc function call which I have marked 1 is not working. Can anybody suggest what is the problem there and how should I correct it. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netresearch
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive function in unix

Can someone tell me, how do i write a recursive code using shell ( eg like 'for' loop in C) which outputs the record to a database table as one row per iteration? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: goutam_igate
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk problem: How to express the single quote(') by using awk print function

Actually I got a list of file end with *.txt I want to use the same command apply to all the *.txt Thus I try to find out the fastest way to write those same command in a script and then want to let them run automatics. For example: I got the file below: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive function and arrays

I have the following function in a bash script that fails to return the sorted array. I think the problem lies in the recursion not correctly passing the arrays, but I can't tell what I'm doing wrong. Anyone see the problem? function quicksort () { local array=( `echo "$1"` ) local... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkg
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl recursive function issue

I am facing some problem in perl recurssive function function my @array_parent = (Some inegers); my $outputfile = 'output.txt'; my $master_file = 'master.txt'; open (MASTER,"$>>master.txt"); foreach my $child (@array_parent){ my $line = `grep "$child" "$outputfile"`; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem using function in awk

I created two functions that output two random variables. I want to output them in the output file. But it does not seem to work. # Function rgaussian1(r1, r2) # Gaussian random number generator function rgaussian1(r1, r2) { pi = 3.142 v1 = sqrt( -2 * log(rand()) ) v2... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
18 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run recursive function with variables over SSH

Hi, I don't know if you can help or if this is even possible, but I am trying to run the following function over an ssh and (depending on the itteration I choose) keep getting unexpected token or undefined symbol errors. The function is: killtree() { typeset parent=$1 typeset child... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RECrerar
1 Replies

10. Programming

recursive function

Hello forum members, Please wirte a sample program for print the 1 - 100 and 100 -1 using recursive function. Thanks & regards Siva Rangnanath (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: workforsiva
2 Replies