Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: High performance Linkpack
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing High performance Linkpack Post 302429432 by rahul_viz on Monday 14th of June 2010 11:56:39 AM
Old 06-14-2010
High performance Linkpack

hello everyone ,

Im new to HPL. i wanted to know whether High performance linpack solves linear
system of equations for single precision airthmatic on LINUX.

it works for double precision , so is there any HPL version which is for single precision.\

thanks .

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Performance Problem - High CPU utilization

Hello everybody. I have a problem with my AIX 5.3. Recently my unix shows a high cpu utilization with sar or topas. I need to find what I have to do to solve this problem, in fact, I don't know what is my problem. I had the same problem with another AIX 5.3 running the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilder.mellotto
2 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

High Performance Computing

I am interested in setting up some High Performance Computing clusters and would like to get people's views and experiences on this. I have 2 requirements: 1. Compute clusters to do fast cpu intensive computations 2. Storage clusters of parallel and extendable filesystems spread across many... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: humbletech99
6 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

What does high performance computing mean?

Sorry, I am not really from a computer science background. But from the subject of it, does it mean something like multi processor programming? distributed computing? like using erlang? Sound like it, which excite me. I just had a 3 day crash course in erlang and "Cocurrency oriented programming"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxpenguin
7 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Performance investigation, very high runq-sz %runocc

I've just been handed a hot potato from a colleague who left :(... our client has been complaining about slow performance on one of our servers. I'm not very experienced in investigating performance issues so I hoping someone will be so kind to provide some guidance Here is an overview of the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solarius
8 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

High Performance Linpack Compiling Issue

I'm trying to compile Linpack on a Ubuntu cluster. I'm running MPI. I've modified the following values to fit my system TOPdir MPdir LAlib CC LINKER. When compiling I get the following error: (the error is at the end, the other errors in between are because I've ran the script several times so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPJPJPJP
0 Replies
zcgesv.f(3)							      LAPACK							       zcgesv.f(3)

NAME
zcgesv.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine zcgesv (N, NRHS, A, LDA, IPIV, B, LDB, X, LDX, WORK, SWORK, RWORK, ITER, INFO) ZCGESV computes the solution to system of linear equations A * X = B for GE matrices (mixed precision with iterative refinement) Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine zcgesv (integerN, integerNRHS, complex*16, dimension( lda, * )A, integerLDA, integer, dimension( * )IPIV, complex*16, dimension( ldb, * )B, integerLDB, complex*16, dimension( ldx, * )X, integerLDX, complex*16, dimension( n, * )WORK, complex, dimension( * )SWORK, double precision, dimension( * )RWORK, integerITER, integerINFO) ZCGESV computes the solution to system of linear equations A * X = B for GE matrices (mixed precision with iterative refinement) Purpose: ZCGESV computes the solution to a complex system of linear equations A * X = B, where A is an N-by-N matrix and X and B are N-by-NRHS matrices. ZCGESV first attempts to factorize the matrix in COMPLEX and use this factorization within an iterative refinement procedure to produce a solution with COMPLEX*16 normwise backward error quality (see below). If the approach fails the method switches to a COMPLEX*16 factorization and solve. The iterative refinement is not going to be a winning strategy if the ratio COMPLEX performance over COMPLEX*16 performance is too small. A reasonable strategy should take the number of right-hand sides and the size of the matrix into account. This might be done with a call to ILAENV in the future. Up to now, we always try iterative refinement. The iterative refinement process is stopped if ITER > ITERMAX or for all the RHS we have: RNRM < SQRT(N)*XNRM*ANRM*EPS*BWDMAX where o ITER is the number of the current iteration in the iterative refinement process o RNRM is the infinity-norm of the residual o XNRM is the infinity-norm of the solution o ANRM is the infinity-operator-norm of the matrix A o EPS is the machine epsilon returned by DLAMCH('Epsilon') The value ITERMAX and BWDMAX are fixed to 30 and 1.0D+00 respectively. Parameters: N N is INTEGER The number of linear equations, i.e., the order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS NRHS is INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrix B. NRHS >= 0. A A is COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (LDA,N) On entry, the N-by-N coefficient matrix A. On exit, if iterative refinement has been successfully used (INFO.EQ.0 and ITER.GE.0, see description below), then A is unchanged, if double precision factorization has been used (INFO.EQ.0 and ITER.LT.0, see description below), then the array A contains the factors L and U from the factorization A = P*L*U; the unit diagonal elements of L are not stored. LDA LDA is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array A. LDA >= max(1,N). IPIV IPIV is INTEGER array, dimension (N) The pivot indices that define the permutation matrix P; row i of the matrix was interchanged with row IPIV(i). Corresponds either to the single precision factorization (if INFO.EQ.0 and ITER.GE.0) or the double precision factorization (if INFO.EQ.0 and ITER.LT.0). B B is COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) The N-by-NRHS right hand side matrix B. LDB LDB is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,N). X X is COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (LDX,NRHS) If INFO = 0, the N-by-NRHS solution matrix X. LDX LDX is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array X. LDX >= max(1,N). WORK WORK is COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (N*NRHS) This array is used to hold the residual vectors. SWORK SWORK is COMPLEX array, dimension (N*(N+NRHS)) This array is used to use the single precision matrix and the right-hand sides or solutions in single precision. RWORK RWORK is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N) ITER ITER is INTEGER < 0: iterative refinement has failed, COMPLEX*16 factorization has been performed -1 : the routine fell back to full precision for implementation- or machine-specific reasons -2 : narrowing the precision induced an overflow, the routine fell back to full precision -3 : failure of CGETRF -31: stop the iterative refinement after the 30th iterations > 0: iterative refinement has been sucessfully used. Returns the number of iterations INFO INFO is INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value > 0: if INFO = i, U(i,i) computed in COMPLEX*16 is exactly zero. The factorization has been completed, but the factor U is exactly singular, so the solution could not be computed. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Definition at line 201 of file zcgesv.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.1 Sun May 26 2013 zcgesv.f(3)