Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Solution for the Massive Comparison Operation Post 302429379 by methyl on Monday 14th of June 2010 09:31:06 AM
Old 06-14-2010
Have you considered addinng a trigger to the DB2 database?
This User Gave Thanks to methyl For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for AWK Solution for column comparison in a single file

- I am looking for different kind of awk solution which I don't think is mentioned before in these forums. Number of rows in the file are fixed Their are two columns in file1.txt 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 9 9 10 10 I am looking for 3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: softwarekids23
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column operation : cosne and sine operation

I have a txt file with several columns and i want to peform an operation on two columns and output it to a new txt file . file.txt 900.00000 1 1 1 500.00000 500.00000 100000.000 4 4 1.45257346E-07 899.10834 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
4 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

having massive trouble with 5 questions about egrep!

Hi all! I need help to do a few things with a .txt file using egrep. 1. I need to list all sequences where the vowel letters 'a, e, i, o, u' occur in that order, possibly separated by characters other than a, e, i, o, u; consisting of one or more complete words, possibly including punctuation. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dindiqotu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Massive Copy With Base Directory

I have a script that I am using to copy around 40-70k files to a NFS NAS. I have posted my code below in hopes that someone can help me figure out a faster way of achieving this. At the end of the script i need to have all the files in the list, copied over to the nas with source directory... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Massive ftp

friends good morning FTP works perfect but I have a doubt if I want to transport 10 files, I imagine that I should not open 10 connections as I can transfer more than 1 file? ftp -n <<!EOF open caburga user ephfact ephfact cd /users/efactura/docONE/entrada bin mput EPH`date... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
16 Replies
dpkg-trigger(1) 						    dpkg suite							   dpkg-trigger(1)

NAME
dpkg-trigger - a package trigger utility SYNOPSIS
dpkg-trigger [option...] trigger-name dpkg-trigger [option...] command DESCRIPTION
dpkg-trigger is a tool to explicitly activate triggers and check for its support on the running dpkg. This can be used by maintainer scripts in complex and conditional situations where the file triggers, or the declarative activate triggers control file directive, are insufficiently rich. It can also be used for testing and by system administrators (but note that the triggers won't actually be run by dpkg-trigger). Unrecognized trigger name syntaxes are an error for dpkg-trigger. COMMANDS
--check-supported Check if the running dpkg supports triggers (usually called from a postinst). Will exit 0 if a triggers-capable dpkg has run, or 1 with an error message to stderr if not. Normally, however, it is better just to activate the desired trigger with dpkg-trigger. -?, --help Show the usage message and exit. --version Show the version and exit. OPTIONS
--admindir=dir Change the location of the dpkg database. The default location is /var/lib/dpkg. --by-package=package Override trigger awaiter (normally set by dpkg through the DPKG_MAINTSCRIPT_PACKAGE environment variable of the maintainer scripts, naming the package to which the script belongs, and this will be used by default). --no-await This option arranges that the calling package T (if any) need not await the processing of this trigger; the interested package(s) I, will not be added to T's trigger processing awaited list and T's status is unchanged. T may be considered installed even though I may not yet have processed the trigger. --await This option does the inverse of --no-await (since dpkg 1.17.21). It is currently the default behavior. --no-act Just test, do not actually change anything. EXIT STATUS
0 The requested action was successfully performed. Or a check or assertion command returned true. 1 A check or assertion command returned false. 2 Fatal or unrecoverable error due to invalid command-line usage, or interactions with the system, such as accesses to the database, memory allocations, etc. ENVIRONMENT
DPKG_ADMINDIR If set and the --admindir option has not been specified, it will be used as the dpkg data directory. SEE ALSO
dpkg(1), deb-triggers(5), /usr/share/doc/dpkg-dev/triggers.txt.gz. 1.19.0.5 2018-04-16 dpkg-trigger(1)