Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk - to -- PERL
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk - to -- PERL Post 302429355 by durden_tyler on Monday 14th of June 2010 07:56:07 AM
Old 06-14-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindng
can i have perl command for the same...( i am New to perl )

Code:
awk -F "|" '{ if($4==3244898 && $5==5000185) print $66}' *.DATA

Code:
perl -F[\|] -lane 'print $F[65] if ($F[3]==3244898 and $F[4]==5000185)' *.DATA

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK embeded PERL

Hello Guys, I am refering to this great forum once again for help. After various attempts at this, I am still failing to obtain the desire effect. I have to write a perl script which: 1- reads two values from the user (e.g name & passwd) 2- check each value against a file containing the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bionicfysh
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to perl convert

Dear Collegue Do anybody help me to convert this AWK script to Perl script { for (i = 2; i <= length ($0); i++) { x = substr($0, i , 1) if (c > 0) { b = b x if (x == "(") c++ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command with PERL

Hi All, My Input file looks like below: Input: 100,200,300 $fw=`head -1 test.csv | awk -F, '{print \$1}'`; $fw="'$fw" $fw="$fw'" print $fw Output:'100' I want the first field to be printed in single quotes ('') like above. I could get the ouptput but the problem is single... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmkbuddy_1983
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or perl

hi all I am new to awk/perl I would appreciate it if you could help! how do I read a sub folder and their files. e.g. simulation/10ms/router1.dat, router2.dat,..., router16.dat simulation/100ms/router1.dat, router2.dat,..., router16.dat simulation/300ms/router1.dat,... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmoses
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using perl grep and awk

I have a script to get server information i wrote in perl because i would like to learn it (and I use it for work). It works great, however i would like to know if there is a good way to reduce the following line. Sean (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: insania
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk vs perl

awk -F "|" '{print $2$3$4 upto $30}' file1 > file2 Same logic, i want to write it in perl I tried #!/bin/usr/perl my $line; open FH, "<file1" or die " Can't open file $!"; open FH1, ">file2" or die "Can't open file "; while (<FH1>){ $line = (split /\|/,$_); print FH2 $line;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

get value between <abc and > by perl, awk

Hi Everyone, cat 1.txt a <abc b vfff c 000> d 4444 the output is: <abcvfff000> by using perl or awk, can get the value betwee "<abc" and ">", assume 1.txt has lots of those tags, so the output can filter out all those values. Please advice. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and perl grouping.

Hello folks. After awk, i have decided to start to learn perl, and i need some help. I have following output : 1 a 1 b 2 k 2 f 3 s 3 p Now with awk i get desired output by issuing : awk ' { a = a FS $2 } END { for ( i in a) print i,a }' input 1 a b 2 k f 3 s p Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Peasant
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the equivalent of NR (awk) in perl?

Hello, I searched online; it seems that perl use $NR as NR in awk; however it does not work for me. For example, how to re-write the following awk using perl: awk '{ print NR}' inputfile---------- Post updated at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:49 PM ---------- I found... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlewenwen
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Converting awk to perl

Hello. I'm trying to convert an awk script I wrote to perl (which I just started self-teaching). I tried the a2p command but I couldn't make sense of most of it. Here was the awk code: BEGIN{ FS = "," print "NAME\tLOW\tHIGH\tAVERAGE" a=0 } { if(a==0){ a+=1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eric7giants
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)