Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris IPMP active-standby configuration Post 302429348 by DukeNuke2 on Monday 14th of June 2010 07:31:39 AM
Old 06-14-2010
please show your config files for the interfaces...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

IPMP/HA: most common configuration

Hi, based on your experience what is the most common IPMP configuration on a two nodes cluster for HA failover / scalable services? ...active-active, active-standby with probe-based failure detection etc. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gxmsgx
3 Replies

2. Solaris

IPMP configuration and detach problem

Hi, I've a problem when try to detach nic e1000g1. IPMP configuration: # ifconfig -a ...cut... e1000g1: flags=1000842<BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 7 inet 0.0.0.0 netmask 0 ether 0:c:29:67:16:ef e1000g2: flags=1000842<BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gxmsgx
3 Replies

3. Solaris

IPMP Configuration

Hi all, Currently i got a server which had two interface. I had study the <SystemAdministration Guide: IP> but still donno what is the correct step to configure it. Can u all help me on it? thanks # ifconfig -a lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
6 Replies

4. AIX

Question about HACMP for active-active mode

Hi all, I am new to HACMP. So sorry for the newie question. But I did search the forum and it seems that no one asks this before. So if a 2-node cluster runs in active-active mode (and the same application), what is the benefit of using HACMP ? If it runs in active-stanby, it is easy to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
9 Replies

5. Solaris

IPMP Configuration

Dear All, I have configured IPMP in one of my SUN machine which is having solros 9 version. I have updated all files like /etc/hosts,/etc/hostname.ce0 and /etc/hostname.ce1 and rebooted the server. But IP's are not mounted which i have given in /etc/hosts file. Please find the below ifconfig... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
6 Replies

6. AIX

Monitor goes into standby

On a IBM AIX 4.3.3 OS monitor goes into standby after a certain period of time. Where should i look to disable monitor power management ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: A_L_E_X
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Link based Active Active IPMP

Hi, I need to configure 4 ip address (same subnet and mask) in one ipmp group (two interfaces) in an active active formation (link based). Can some one provide the steps or a tutorial link. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
2 Replies

8. Solaris

solaris samba configuration without wins service from authentication window server/Active directory

Hi All, We are using solaris samba server for our company project to provide access to code to our development team.Recently our ICT has disabled wins service on Active directory due which user are not able to connect to samba share and they are getting error "No logon server available" as samba... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahil_shine
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I calculate total number of active and non active hosts?

#!/bin/bash for digit in $(seq 1 10) do if ping -c1 -w2 192.168.1.$digit &> /dev/null then echo "192.168.1.$digit is UP" else echo "192.168.1.$digit is DOWN" fi done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fusetrips
3 Replies

10. Solaris

IPMP Configuration Question/Problem

Hi, I have two physical interface connected to solaris box. 1. e1000g1 2. e1000g2 I have added these interfaced under a same IPMP group "IPMP1" After that I have configured a test address for e1000g1 like below ifconfig e1000g1 addif <ip-address> netmask + broadcast + -failover... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveensharma21
1 Replies
DPMSGetTimeouts(3)						    X FUNCTIONS 						DPMSGetTimeouts(3)

NAME
DPMSGetTimeouts - retrieves the timeout values used by the X server for DPMS timings SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lXext [ library ... ] #include <X11/extensions/dpms.h> Bool DPMSGetTimeouts ( Display *display, CARD16 *standby, CARD16 *suspend, CARD16 *off ); ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server standby Specifies the current standby timeout in seconds suspend Specifies the current suspend timeout in seconds off Specifies the current off timeout in seconds DESCRIPTION
The DPMSGetTimeouts function retrieves the timeout values used by the X server for DPMS timings. The value standby is the amount of time of inactivity in seconds before standby mode is invoked. A value of zero indicates that this mode has been disabled. The value suspend is the amount of time of inactivity in seconds before the second level of power savings is invoked. A value of zero indicates that this mode has been disabled. The value off is the amount of time of inactivity in seconds before the third and final level of power savings is invoked. A value of zero indicates that this mode has been disabled. RETURN VALUES
TRUE The DPMSGetTimeouts function returns TRUE when values are returned. FALSE The DPMSGetTimeouts function returns FALSE when no values returned. SEE ALSO
DPMSCapable(3), DPMSInfo(3), DPMSSetTimeouts(3) X Version 11 libXext 1.0.5 DPMSGetTimeouts(3)