Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ufsrestore T5240
Operating Systems Solaris ufsrestore T5240 Post 302429339 by rajasekg on Monday 14th of June 2010 06:55:52 AM
Old 06-14-2010
MySQL ufsrestore T5240

Hi Friends

we have sun T5240 server, we have taken ufsdump of this server remotely with scsi tapedrive, If we need to do ufsrestore means what we have to do, since T5240 has not having scsi port, any procedure is there?

Regards
Rajasekar

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

raidctl on SUN T5240

Setting up a T5240 with two disks c1t0d0 and c1t1d0. I am trying to use raidctl but when I issue. raidctl -l I get Controller 1 Disk: 0.0.0 Disk: 0.1.0 So I try raidctl -c '0.0.0 0.1.0' -r 1 1 and I get "Array in use." I try (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
4 Replies

2. Solaris

cannot plumb nxge on T5240

its a fresh installation. during the OS setup, it did not prompt for IP, netmask and gateway. using Solaris 10 08/07 update 4. I tried to plumb manually but encountered no such interface error. but nxge interfaces can be greped from the /etc/path_to_inst file. getting similar error on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
3 Replies

3. Solaris

T5240 netmgmt port not blinking

I was trying to configure the netmgmt from the serial and set commitpending to true. However, the netmgmt port is not up and blinking. I tried to connect using my notebook directly to the netmgmt port and am not able to ping as well. Previouly i was doing the firmware upgrade using the webconsole.... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
20 Replies

4. Solaris

SUN T5240 vs M3000

Hi, We are planning to buy new server for our data center. Sun T5240 or M3000 which one have better performance, we are going to create many dt sessions in this server. So, i need your suggestions. RJS (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasekg
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Bizarre Sun T5240 behavior

Hi - I have a T5240 with 7 LDOMS configured. One night, network comm was broken somehow. Nobody was doing anything on the machine at the time. Here is what I saw in messages: WARNING: nxge3 : nxge_dma_mem_alloc: ddi_dma_mem_alloc kmem alloc failed WARNING: nxge3 : nxge_alloc_rx_buf_dma:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyroman
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Disable multithreading option on T5240

Hi Gurus Can any one tell me the process of disabling the multithreading option on T5240 server and my OS is on LDOM, having one physical processor with 8 core & 8 thread per core Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Cannot configure RAID on T5240

Hi ! I've been given a T5240 with 4 disks and 2 HBA cards (but no array connected). I did a factory reset on SP and NVRAM clean on OBP because the server had been used before. I boot cdrom in single mode and try to create a hw mirror with disks from c1... but only c2 is seen by raidctl. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: delavega
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Question: # of ldoms on T5240 with 2 T2 US 8 core

I have a T5240 with 2 T2 US 8 core.. Theoretically how many ldoms can I configure? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iftikhar Barrie
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Using a Modem on a T5-2 or a T5240

Hi Folks, Just a quick question - hopefully! I have an application currently running on a V890 with Solaris 9, I'd like to move this to either one of our T-5's or one of the T5240's in a Legacy container on an LDOM - but the fly in the ointment is the application still uses a standard Hayes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
3 Replies
scsi_get_device_type_scsi_options(9F)			   Kernel Functions for Drivers 		     scsi_get_device_type_scsi_options(9F)

NAME
scsi_get_device_type_scsi_options - look up per-device-type scsi-options property SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/scsi/scsi.h> int scsi_get_device_type_scsi_options(dev_info_t *dip, struct scsi_device *devp, int default_scsi_options); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
dip Pointer to the device info node for this HBA driver. devp Pointer to a scsi_device(9S) structure of the target. default_scsi_options Value returned if no match is found. DESCRIPTION
The scsi_get_device_type_scsi_options() function looks up the property device-type-scsi-options-list, which can be specified in the HBA's driver.conf(4) file. This property allows specification of scsi-options on a per-device-type basis. The formal syntax is: device-type-scsi-options-list = <duplet> [, <duplet> *]; where: <duplet> := <vid+pid>, <scsi-options-property-name> and: <scsi-options-property-name> = <value>; The string <vid+pid> is returned by the device on a SCSI inquiry command. This string can contain any character in the range 0x20-0x7e. Characters such as double quote (") or single quote ('), which are not permitted in property value strings, are represented by their octal equivalent (for example, 42 and 47). Trailing spaces can be truncated. For example: device-type-scsi-options-list= "SEAGATE ST32550W", "seagate-options", "EXABYTE EXB-2501". "exabyte-options", "IBM OEM DFHSS4S", "ibm-options"; seagate-options = 0x78; exabyte-options = 0x58; ibm-options = 0x378; The scsi_get_device_type_scsi_options() function searches the list of duplets for a matching INQUIRY string. If a match is found, scsi_get_device_type_scsi_options() returns the corresponding value. RETURN VALUES
scsi_get_device_type_scsi_options() returns the scsi-options value found, or if no match is found the default_scsi_options value passed in. CONTEXT
This function can be called from kernel or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 19 Nov 2001 scsi_get_device_type_scsi_options(9F)