Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Solution for the Massive Comparison Operation Post 302429325 by raghav288 on Monday 14th of June 2010 05:53:22 AM
Old 06-14-2010
Hi Jim thanks for the reference but i need help in implementing the same

for eg
Flat file 1 contains :
AAA-BBB-CCC
XXX-YYY-ZZZ

I want to encrypt in such a way that the rows size for each rows are lowered and unique to each other as per the data, like

the above flat file for each row is to be encrypted using any methodology to like

XYS4358
ABC4385

Can anyone help me with the same, Im using AIX

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for AWK Solution for column comparison in a single file

- I am looking for different kind of awk solution which I don't think is mentioned before in these forums. Number of rows in the file are fixed Their are two columns in file1.txt 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 9 9 10 10 I am looking for 3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: softwarekids23
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column operation : cosne and sine operation

I have a txt file with several columns and i want to peform an operation on two columns and output it to a new txt file . file.txt 900.00000 1 1 1 500.00000 500.00000 100000.000 4 4 1.45257346E-07 899.10834 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
4 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

having massive trouble with 5 questions about egrep!

Hi all! I need help to do a few things with a .txt file using egrep. 1. I need to list all sequences where the vowel letters 'a, e, i, o, u' occur in that order, possibly separated by characters other than a, e, i, o, u; consisting of one or more complete words, possibly including punctuation. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dindiqotu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Massive Copy With Base Directory

I have a script that I am using to copy around 40-70k files to a NFS NAS. I have posted my code below in hopes that someone can help me figure out a faster way of achieving this. At the end of the script i need to have all the files in the list, copied over to the nas with source directory... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Massive ftp

friends good morning FTP works perfect but I have a doubt if I want to transport 10 files, I imagine that I should not open 10 connections as I can transfer more than 1 file? ftp -n <<!EOF open caburga user ephfact ephfact cd /users/efactura/docONE/entrada bin mput EPH`date... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
16 Replies
dspam_clean(1)							       DSPAM							    dspam_clean(1)

NAME
dspam_clean - perform periodic maintenance of metadata SYNOPSIS
dspam_clean [--profile=PROFILE] [-s[signature_life]] [-p[probability_life]] [-u[sl,hcl,shl,ihl]] [user1 user2 ... userN] DESCRIPTION
dspam_clean is used to perform periodic housecleaning on DSPAM's metadata dictionary by deleting old or useless data. OPTIONS
--profile=PROFILE Specify a storage profile from dspam.conf. The storage profile selected will be used for all database connectivity. See dspam.conf for more information. -s Performs stale signature purging. If a value is specified, the default value of 14 days will be overridden. Specifying an age of 0 will delete all signatures from the user(s) processed. -p Deletes all tokens from the target user(s) database whose probability is between 0.35 and 0.65 (fairly neutral, useless data). If a value is specified, the default life of 30 days will be overridden. It's a good idea to use this flag once with a life of 0 days for users after a significant amount of corpus training. -u Deletes all unused tokens from a user's dataset. Four different life values are used: sl Stale tokens which have not been used for a long period of time hcl Tokens with a total hit count below 5 (which will be assigned a hapaxial value by DSPAM) shl Tokens witha single spam hit ihl Tokens with a single innocent hit Ages may be overridden by specifying a format string, such as -u30,15,10,10 where each number represents the respective life. Speci- fying a life of zero will delete all unused tokens in the category. user1 user2 ... userN Specify the username(s) to perform the selected maintenance operations on. If no username is specified, all users are processed. EXIT VALUE
0 Operation was successful. other Operation resulted in an error. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2011 DSPAM Project All rights reserved. For more information, see http://dspam.sourceforge.net. SEE ALSO
dspam(1), dspam_admin(1), dspam_crc(1), dspam_dump(1), dspam_logrotate(1), dspam_merge(1), dspam_stats(1), dspam_train(1) DSPAM
Apr 17, 2010 dspam_clean(1)