Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help with SED + GREP
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help with SED + GREP Post 302429275 by 2001.arun on Monday 14th of June 2010 02:17:42 AM
Old 06-14-2010
Error

Thanks Pravin and Scritinizer, but the thing is that

I need to search for the pattern two_[1-10]_10 and then i have to replace with two_[1-10]_abc_10 and not just replacing _10 with _abc_10 bro in

one;two_1_10;two_2_10;two_3_10;three~

can anyone help me with this....

Thanks in advance...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SED and it used with | and grep

I am really lost I don't know what this line does. Please help I'm very lost. Thanks in advance. cat CPROGRAMS.c |sed 's// /g'|tr ' ' '\012' |grep '' |sed 's/^*/ /' |grep '($'|sort -u|tr -d "("` (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lem2003
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep sed

OK, I am trying to become more familiar with grep and sed. I have a file that is storing some records. I am allowing a user to search for a keyword in the file with this: grep -i "$keyword" testFile|sed -n -e 's/^/\ /' -e 's/:/\ /gp' ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericelysia
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to grep

I have a file that contains many instances of double dollar signs. I want to use sed to get the first occurrence. for example, given the following data. #Beginning of file AB 34 $$ AB $$ AB 98 $$ I only want to pull out: AB 34 $$ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wxornot
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep or Sed

Hi All, I have created a bourne script that basically wants to split a file up in to different parts. I have this working if the file has all the information on different lines but if it doesn't then it doesn't work. i.e. If this is the file hello 12345 good bye 6789 I could grep all the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz8146
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed or grep?

hello everybody! I have a html file which is not properly formatted meaning that the whole content is in one line. I want to to cut out certain parts of that file. Those parts are between ' #" ' and ' " ' and always start with ' sec_ ' and after the ' sec_ ' any number of characters and ' _... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MastaFue
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/tr/grep help

So I have a html file with a bunch of words inside tags and I need to extract just the words, and I'm not sure exactly what the best way to do this is. The format is as follows: <tr> <td>word 1</td> <td>word 2</td> </tr> And all I want to extract is the 'word 2'. First I tried... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flightskoo
3 Replies

7. Linux

sed and grep

I am stranded with a problem. Please solve. How will you remove blank lines from a file using sed and grep? ( blank line contains nothing or only white spaces). I run the below commands of sed and grep but grep isn't giving output as desired. Why? sed '/^*$/d' blank grep -v "^*$" blank... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed/grep

Hi, I have a file with reoccurring patterns and I want extract the 3rd line after the match, then delete another pattern from that third line. For example the file is in the following format: Hello Name: Abc Number: 123 Hello Name: FQE Number: 543 This occurs more than 100... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wsn
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with sed/grep

Hello Everyone! I'm kind of new to parsing and would like extract a partial part of my nmap scan output so I can convert it to csv/excel: My current file has two types of lines like this: Nmap scan report for dns1 (1.1.1.1) Nmap scan report for dns2 (2.2.2.2) Nmap scan report for 3.3.3.3 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SarahS
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk usage to grep a pattern 1 and with reference to this grep a pattern 2 and pattern 3

Hi , I have a file where i have modifed certain things compared to original file . The difference of the original file and modified file is as follows. # diff mir_lex.c.modified mir_lex.c.orig 3209c3209 < if(yy_current_buffer -> yy_is_our_buffer == 0) { --- >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: breezevinay
5 Replies
Sub::Override(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Sub::Override(3pm)

NAME
Sub::Override - Perl extension for easily overriding subroutines SYNOPSIS
use Sub::Override; sub foo { 'original sub' }; print foo(); # prints 'original sub' my $override = Sub::Override->new( foo => sub { 'overridden sub' } ); print foo(); # prints 'overridden sub' $override->restore; print foo(); # prints 'original sub' DESCRIPTION
The Problem Sometimes subroutines need to be overridden. In fact, your author does this constantly for tests. Particularly when testing, using a Mock Object can be overkill when all you want to do is override one tiny, little function. Overriding a subroutine is often done with syntax similar to the following. { local *Some::sub = sub {'some behavior'}; # do something } # original subroutine behavior restored This has a few problems. { local *Get::some_feild = { 'some behavior' }; # do something } In the above example, not only have we probably misspelled the subroutine name, but even if their had been a subroutine with that name, we haven't overridden it. These two bugs can be subtle to detect. Further, if we're attempting to localize the effect by placing this code in a block, the entire construct is cumbersome. Hook::LexWrap also allows us to override sub behavior, but I can never remember the exact syntax. An easier way to replace subroutines Instead, "Sub::Override" allows the programmer to simply name the sub to replace and to supply a sub to replace it with. my $override = Sub::Override->new('Some::sub', sub {'new data'}); # which is equivalent to: my $override = Sub::Override->new; $override->replace('Some::sub', sub { 'new data' }); You can replace multiple subroutines, if needed: $override->replace('Some::sub1', sub { 'new data1' }); $override->replace('Some::sub2', sub { 'new data2' }); $override->replace('Some::sub3', sub { 'new data3' }); If replacing the subroutine succeeds, the object is returned. This allows the programmer to chain the calls, if this style of programming is preferred: $override->replace('Some::sub1', sub { 'new data1' }) ->replace('Some::sub2', sub { 'new data2' }) ->replace('Some::sub3', sub { 'new data3' }); A subroutine may be replaced as many times as desired. This is most useful when testing how code behaves with multiple conditions. $override->replace('Some::thing', sub { 0 }); is($object->foo, 'wibble', 'wibble is returned if Some::thing is false'); $override->replace('Some::thing', sub { 1 }); is($object->foo, 'puppies', 'puppies are returned if Some::thing is true'); Restoring subroutines If the object falls out of scope, the original subs are restored. However, if you need to restore a subroutine early, just use the restore method: my $override = Sub::Override->new('Some::sub', sub {'new data'}); # do stuff $override->restore; Which is somewhat equivalent to: { my $override = Sub::Override->new('Some::sub', sub {'new data'}); # do stuff } If you have override more than one subroutine with an override object, you will have to explicitly name the subroutine you wish to restore: $override->restore('This::sub'); Note "restore()" will always restore the original behavior of the subroutine no matter how many times you have overridden it. Which package is the subroutine in? Ordinarily, you want to fully qualify the subroutine by including the package name. However, failure to fully qualify the subroutine name will assume the current package. package Foo; use Sub::Override; sub foo { 23 }; my $override = Sub::Override->new( foo => sub { 42 } ); # assumes Foo::foo print foo(); # prints 42 $override->restore; print foo(); # prints 23 METHODS
new my $sub = Sub::Override->new; my $sub = Sub::Override->new($sub_name, $sub_ref); Creates a new "Sub::Override" instance. Optionally, you may override a subroutine while creating a new object. replace $sub->replace($sub_name, $sub_body); Temporarily replaces a subroutine with another subroutine. Returns the instance, so chaining the method is allowed: $sub->replace($sub_name, $sub_body) ->replace($another_sub, $another_body); This method will "croak" is the subroutine to be replaced does not exist. override my $sub = Sub::Override->new; $sub->override($sub_name, $sub_body); "override" is an alternate name for "replace". They are the same method. restore $sub->restore($sub_name); Restores the previous behavior of the subroutine. This will happen automatically if the "Sub::Override" object falls out of scope. EXPORT
None by default. BUGS
Probably. Tell me about 'em. SEE ALSO
o Hook::LexWrap -- can also override subs, but with different capabilities o Test::MockObject -- use this if you need to alter an entire class AUTHOR
Curtis "Ovid" Poe, "<ovid [at] cpan [dot] org>" Reverse the name to email me. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2004-2005 by Curtis "Ovid" Poe This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.2 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.10.1 2010-04-01 Sub::Override(3pm)