Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting reprint the select menu after a selection Post 302429264 by omerzzz on Monday 14th of June 2010 01:19:04 AM
Old 06-14-2010
thanks,
But it dosent work

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamic Select menu

Hi all is menu driven by SELECT can be a dynamic ? My requirement is that i want SELECT to be created on run time not predefine . The select should be created as per the no of words in a file thanks in advance rawat (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rawatds
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select command to build menu

Hello everyone. I am using the select command to build a menu, here is my question: Is it possible to generate a menu which contains several sections and have a separator between the sections without having a selection number generated in front of the separator? This is a sample of what I would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gio001
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu help with array selection

Hi there all I got the following I got multiple arrays named for example STAT_AAAA STAT_AAAB STAT_AAAC STAT_AAAD Now what I want I have chosen an option in a menu to select 1 but I dont want to write for all the same thing so I made it a signle one now what I want is to get STAT_ and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: draco
6 Replies

4. Linux

Opt out of selection menu?

When I logon to my server with PuTTY I am forced into a selection menu with few options. How to I opt out of this menu to get to the home directory to view all of the files on the server? Thanks for the help. :o (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksirimarco
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Input A Menu Selection In A Variable

hey all, me again....having a problem with my code, where I essentially am trying to show a menu, have the user select an option (from 1 to 5), then display which selection they picked... #!/bin/bash # A LIST OF THE ERROR MESSAGES AND THE PROPER SYNTAX: error_0="Correct amount of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SoVi3t
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

A selection menu in a shell script

I'm writing a shell script and have a problem with selection when I issue the command, is there a way to automatically choose a selection number one after a selection menue appear Command 1-choice 2- choice 3-choice Thanks Sara (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dynamic menu selection? Help..

Hi guys, i would like to create a program that allow user to show the information of certain thing such as network card. I would like the menu to be dynamic, for example: my computer system have 2 network card inserted at the moment, therefore the menu will have 2 choice for the user. eth0... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: malfolozy
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dialog --menu limitation for the entries for selection

Hi Guys, Please pardon me if this is a silly question, but I have tried to find an answer and going through the man page and failed to get one. I have created a menu driven script with dialog --menu option. Everything is working as expeted, however, it seems that if I have more than 10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ww889
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with 'select' for menu input

A lot of my scripting makes use of the 'select' command to create menu driven input. A typical example of how I use it is as: somevar='' PS3='Select one: ' while ]; do select somevar in $(sqlplus -s $dbuser/$dbpw@mydb <<EOF set echo off feedback off verify off... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stuck with menu in select

hi i am new to bash scripting .. i created a bunch of folders but only want the folder names with file1. so i go in and make an array to grab the folders the put in a file then i strip the directories so i just have the folder names i need then i would like to make the menu with a selection... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamby22
3 Replies
WORKQUEUE(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					      WORKQUEUE(9)

NAME
workqueue -- simple do-it-in-thread-context framework SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/workqueue.h> int workqueue_create(struct workqueue **wqp, const char *name, void (*func)(struct work *, void *), void *arg, pri_t prio, int ipl, int flags); void workqueue_enqueue(struct workqueue *wq, struct work *wk, struct cpu_info *ci); void workqueue_destroy(struct workqueue *wq); DESCRIPTION
The workqueue utility routines are provided to defer work which is needed to be processed in a thread context. workqueue_create() creates a workqueue. It takes the following arguments: wqp Specify where to store the created workqueue. name The name of the workqueue. func The function to be called for each work. arg An argument to be passed as a second argument of func. prio The priority level for the worker threads. ipl The highest IPL at which this workqueue is used. flags The value of 0 indicates a standard create operation, however the following flags may be bitwise ORed together: WQ_MPSAFE Specifies that the workqueue is multiprocessor safe and does its own locking, otherwise the kernel lock will be held while work will be processed. WQ_PERCPU Specifies that the workqueue should have a separate queue for each CPU, thus the work could be enqueued on concrete CPUs. workqueue_enqueue() enqueues the work wk into the workqueue wq. If the WQ_PERCPU flag was set on workqueue creation, the ci argument may be used to specify the CPU on which the work should be enqueued. Also it may be NULL, then work will be enqueued on the current CPU. If WQ_PERCPU flag was not set, ci must be NULL. The enqueued work will be processed in a thread context. A work must not be enqueued again until the callback is called by the workqueue framework. workqueue_destroy() destroys a workqueue and frees associated resources. The caller should ensure that the workqueue has no work enqueued beforehand. RETURN VALUES
workqueue_create() returns 0 on success. Otherwise, it returns an errno(2). CODE REFERENCES
The workqueue subsystem is implemented within the file sys/kern/subr_workqueue.c. SEE ALSO
callout(9), condvar(9), kthread(9), softint(9) BSD
October 24, 2011 BSD