Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Solution for the Massive Comparison Operation Post 302429233 by jim mcnamara on Sunday 13th of June 2010 04:43:45 PM
Old 06-13-2010
Glibc has an extensive hash library

See: Hash Tables
This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for AWK Solution for column comparison in a single file

- I am looking for different kind of awk solution which I don't think is mentioned before in these forums. Number of rows in the file are fixed Their are two columns in file1.txt 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 9 9 10 10 I am looking for 3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: softwarekids23
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column operation : cosne and sine operation

I have a txt file with several columns and i want to peform an operation on two columns and output it to a new txt file . file.txt 900.00000 1 1 1 500.00000 500.00000 100000.000 4 4 1.45257346E-07 899.10834 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
4 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

having massive trouble with 5 questions about egrep!

Hi all! I need help to do a few things with a .txt file using egrep. 1. I need to list all sequences where the vowel letters 'a, e, i, o, u' occur in that order, possibly separated by characters other than a, e, i, o, u; consisting of one or more complete words, possibly including punctuation. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dindiqotu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Massive Copy With Base Directory

I have a script that I am using to copy around 40-70k files to a NFS NAS. I have posted my code below in hopes that someone can help me figure out a faster way of achieving this. At the end of the script i need to have all the files in the list, copied over to the nas with source directory... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Massive ftp

friends good morning FTP works perfect but I have a doubt if I want to transport 10 files, I imagine that I should not open 10 connections as I can transfer more than 1 file? ftp -n <<!EOF open caburga user ephfact ephfact cd /users/efactura/docONE/entrada bin mput EPH`date... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
16 Replies
libglib-2.0(3)							C Library Functions						    libglib-2.0(3)

NAME
libglib-2.0, libgmodule-2.0, libgthread-2.0 - general purpose utility library, support for dynamic plug-ins, and thread abstraction. DESCRIPTION
GLib is a general-purpose utility library, which provides many useful data types, macros, type conversions, string utilities, a main loop abstraction, and so on. libgmodule-2.0 provides a portable method of dynamically loading plug-ins or shared object modules. libgthread-2.0 provides a thread abstraction which includes threads, different mutex methods, conditions, and thread private data. It also provides different useful patterns such as thread pools. To access the API documentation, you must install the developer version of the package. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so GNOME general purpose shared library /usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so GLib dynamic plug-in shared library /usr/lib/libgthread-2.0.so GLib thread abstraction shared library /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/glib Location of developer documentation ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-base-libs SUNWg- | | |nome-base-libs-64 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
glib-genmarshal(1), glib-gettextize(1), glib-mkenums(1), libgobject-2.0(3), libgio-2.0(3), libglibmm-2.4(3), attributes(5), gnome-inter- faces(5), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008. SunOS 5.11 14 May 2008 libglib-2.0(3)