Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: print only comments
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting print only comments Post 302429174 by Mark_orig on Sunday 13th of June 2010 09:57:27 AM
Old 06-13-2010
When I run it , it prints this, not the comments:

./code.txt HelloWorld.java
Code:
file HelloWorld.java exists
file HelloWorld.java is a .java file

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove comments...

It may be a no-brainer, but the answer is escaping me right now: I'm trying to write a little script to remove all comments from .c source... I was thinking sed, but I'm not a very strong regexp user (e.g. I suck with sed). I tried dumping the file into: sed -e 's/\/\* * \*\///g' and several... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print comments in FTP

Dear Unix Gurus, Not sure if this is possible/workable but I'm trying add a comment line before each operation such as the following: ftp -n <mail server> ${log_dir}/test_put.log << END user <user_id> <password> verbose bin # List Files Before putting Data echo File Check Before FTP >>... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comments unexpectedly print

Hi All, I am working on a sh script. Half way through the script, my comments start to print to screen as if I used echo. Obviously any comments are preceded with a #. And I have not used set -x or anything similar. Can anyone free me of this simple but annoying problem? Thanks John (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: John H
5 Replies

4. Programming

lint comments

Hi can anyone help me regarding the meaning of the following lint messages. what is the use of having such lint comments in the c program. /*lint -esym(534,cputs,fgets,cprintf) */ /*lint -efile(766,pragmas.h) */ Thanks a lot in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting comments

Anyone have a good link for documentation conventions for scripts? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gliesian
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete comments

Delete everything comes in between /* & */. Current File: ==================== create or replace procedure test421 is begin /* ---sasasas/*dsdsds */ dbms_output.put_line('SAURABH'); END; To be File: =================== create or replace procedure test421 is begin... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: susau_79
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed script, changing all C-comments to C++-comments

I must write a script to change all C++ like comments: // this is a comment to this one /* this is a comment */ How to do it by sed? With file: #include <cstdio> using namespace std; //one // two int main() { printf("Example"); // three }//four the result should be: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_hawk
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete Comments

Hello i am back :D, i have a prolem. I want to Delete the IPs which are in Comments. Input 192.168.0.1 192.168.0.2 #192.168.0.3 #192.168.0.4 - when TAB or Space, delete too. /*192.168.0.5 192.168.0.6 192.168.0.7*\ Output 192.168.0.1 192.168.0.2 My solution is sed -e... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eightball
7 Replies
rmiregistry(1)						      General Commands Manual						    rmiregistry(1)

NAME
rmiregistry - Java remote object registry SYNOPSIS
rmiregistry [ port ] DESCRIPTION
The rmiregistry command creates and starts a remote object registry on the specified port on the current host. If port number is omitted, the registry is started on port 1099. The rmiregistry command produces no output and is typically run in the background. For example: example% rmiregistry & A remote object registry is a bootstrap naming service that is used by RMI servers on a host to bind remote objects to names. Clients can then look up remote objects and make remote method invocations. The registry is typically used to locate the first remote object on which an application needs to invoke methods. That object in turn pro- vides application-specific support for finding other objects. The methods of the java.rmi.registry.LocateRegistry class are used to get a registry operating on a particular host or host and port. The URL-based methods of the java.rmi.Naming class operate on a registry and can be used to look up a remote object, bind a simple (string) name to a remote object, rebind a new name to a remote object (overriding the old binding), unbind a remote object, and list the URLs bound in the registry. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -Joption Used in conjunction with any java option, this option passes option (no spaces between -J and option) on to the java inter- preter. SEE ALSO
See (or search java.sun.com) for the following: java.rmi.Naming @ http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5/docs/api/java/rmi/Naming.html java.rmi.registry.LocateRegistry @ http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5/docs/api/java/rmi/registry/LocateRegistry.html 23 Apr 2001 rmiregistry(1)