Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LUNS in AIX
Operating Systems AIX LUNS in AIX Post 302429173 by kkeng808 on Sunday 13th of June 2010 09:44:28 AM
Old 06-13-2010
LUNS in AIX

Hi team,

Code:
2E493F13   0612155010 P H dac0           ARRAY OPERATION ERROR
2E493F13   0612154910 P H dac0           ARRAY OPERATION ERROR
2E493F13   0612154910 P H dac1           ARRAY OPERATION ERROR
2BFA76F6   0612154910 T S SYSPROC        SYSTEM SHUTDOWN BY USER
9DBCFDEE   0612155010 T O errdemon       ERROR LOGGING TURNED ON
192AC071   0612154710 T O errdemon       ERROR LOGGING TURNED OFF
A6DF45AA   0612152910 I O RMCdaemon      The daemon is started.
C8375BE4   0612152910 I O hdisk2         CACHED DATA WILL BE LOST IF CONTROLLER F
2E493F13   0612152910 P H dac0           ARRAY OPERATION ERROR

In the above errors what is that ARRAY OPERATION ERROR stands for and what is this dac0 and dac1, I guess both of this are logical devices associated with the LUNS.

Please explain Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

how can I monitoring the LUNs in HP storage

Hi, How can i monitoring the LUN in HP Storage with korn shells? I would like to have a shell can monitoring the LUN, VGs, lvols and raw devices. Jesus (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgutierrez29
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP LV's for Hitachin Luns

Hi, This is my first post and I hope I can present my questions the right way. I am going to be asked to create logical volumes for a Hitachi SAN device on a New HP 11 server. Currently, They are running their data on a EMC (prod server). They are looking to convert the data and filesystems over to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uni-dev
3 Replies

3. AIX

creating luns vg

Hi All, I have these config on my old ssa. Vg4 22GB (pps 256) Vg2 88GB (pps 128) Vg3 22GB (pps 256) Vg8 88GB (pps 128) Vg13 106GB (pps 32) Vg12 106GB (pps 32) Vg10 54GB (pps 64) Vg11 54GB (pps 64) When I create a lun on my san do I need to specify the same pps. If yes,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

4. AIX

Single command to change the attributes of all luns presented to an AIX host

Hi, I would like to know if there is a command similar to scsimgr in HP-UX that can help me change the algorithm and reserve_policy attributes of all luns presented to an AIX host. Otherwise I would have to use, chdev -l hdiskX -a algorithm=round_robin reserve_policy=no_reserve in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kanna_geekworkz
1 Replies

5. Linux

Rescan LUNs on Linux VM

Hi, I have presented a new 70GB LUN to my RedHat Linux VM server. How do I rescan for the new LUN? Thanks, Sparcman:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
2 Replies

6. Solaris

luns

how to create luns plzzzzzz (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nsusheelgoud
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Scan For new LUNS

In Solaris the administrator has to update /kernel/drv/sd.conf file to tell the sd driver to scan for a broader range of scsi devices. Can someone please tell me what file needs to be update in Redhat Linux 5 for the same. Second part of the question is WWN for HBA's can be found (atleast in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Amount of LUNs used for zpool

Hi folks, is there any rule or best practise for amount of LUNs user for zpool construction (from view of performance etc.)?? THX (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brusell
4 Replies

9. AIX

StorWize v3700 and Power8 (S822) AIX, configuration best practice for LUNs?

Hello, We have an Power8 System (S822) and a IBM StorWize v3700 SAN. The OS is AIX 7.1. With this hardware from what I read I need to download/install special SDDPCM drivers, so I did (SDDPCM VERSION 2.6.6.0 (devices.sddpcm.71.rte). I carved my volumes in the StorWize and presented to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Are these SAN LUNs really not mounted?

Hello everyone. I've been asked to check if something is wrong with the storage setup on these two SunOS 5.10 machines, which are being used as database servers with Oracle RAC configuration. Seems to be that the DB guy is complaining, telling that they are nearly out of space, which sounds... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kacareu
4 Replies
Net::LDAP::Examples(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Net::LDAP::Examples(3)

NAME
Net::LDAP::Examples - PERL LDAP by Example DESCRIPTION
The following examples are of course PERL code, found to work with the Net::LDAP modules. The intent of this document is to give the reader a cut and paste jump start to getting an LDAP application working. Below you will find snippets of code that should work as-is with only a small amount of work to correct any variable assignments and LDAP specifics, e.g. Distinguished Name Syntax, related to the user's own implementation. The Standard Operating Proceedure that is followed here is: 1 Package - use Net::LDAP 2 Initialization - new 3 Binding - bind 4 Operation - add modify moddn search 4.1 Processing - displaying data from a search 5 Error - displaying error information 6 Unbinding - unbind Look to each of these for a snippet of code to meet your needs. What is not covered in these examples at this time: abandon and compare methods callback subroutines CODE
PACKAGE - Definitions use Net::LDAP; INITIALIZING $ldap = Net::LDAP->new ( "yourLDAPhost.yourCompany.com" ) or die "$@"; BINDING $mesg = $ldap->bind ( version => 3 ); # use for searches $mesg = $ldap->bind ( "$userToAuthenticate", password => "$passwd", version => 3 ); # use for changes/edits # see your LDAP administrator for information concerning the # user authentication setup at your site. OPERATION - Generating a SEARCH sub LDAPsearch { my ($ldap,$searchString,$attrs,$base) = @_; # if they don't pass a base... set it for them if (!$base ) { $base = "o=mycompany, c=mycountry"; } # if they don't pass an array of attributes... # set up something for them if (!$attrs ) { $attrs = [ 'cn','mail' ]; } my $result = $ldap->search ( base => "$base", scope => "sub", filter => "$searchString", attrs => $attrs ); } my @Attrs = ( ); # request all available attributes # to be returned. my $result = LDAPsearch ( $ldap, "sn=*", @Attrs ); PROCESSING - Displaying SEARCH Results #------------ # # Accessing the data as if in a structure # i.e. Using the "as_struct" method # my $href = $result->as_struct; # get an array of the DN names my @arrayOfDNs = keys %$href; # use DN hashes # process each DN using it as a key foreach ( @arrayOfDNs ) { print $_, " "; my $valref = $$href{$_}; # get an array of the attribute names # passed for this one DN. my @arrayOfAttrs = sort keys %$valref; #use Attr hashes my $attrName; foreach $attrName (@arrayOfAttrs) { # skip any binary data: yuck! next if ( $attrName =~ /;binary$/ ); # get the attribute value (pointer) using the # attribute name as the hash my $attrVal = @$valref{$attrName}; print " $attrName: @$attrVal "; } print "#------------------------------- "; # End of that DN } # # end of as_struct method # #-------- #------------ # # handle each of the results independently # ... i.e. using the walk through method # my @entries = $result->entries; my $entr; foreach $entr ( @entries ) { print "DN: ", $entr->dn, " "; my $attr; foreach $attr ( sort $entr->attributes ) { # skip binary we can't handle next if ( $attr =~ /;binary$/ ); print " $attr : ", $entr->get_value ( $attr ) ," "; } print "#------------------------------- "; } # # end of walk through method #------------ OPERATION - Modifying entries # # Modify # # for each of the modifies below you'll need to supply # a full DN (Distinguished Name) for the $dn variable. # example: # cn=Jo User,ou=person,o=mycompany,c=mycountry # # I would recommend doing a search (listed above) # then use the dn returned to populate the $dn variable. # # Do we only have one result returned from the search? if ( $result->count != 1 ) { exit; } # Nope.. exit my $dn = $entries[0]->dn; # yes.. get the DN ####################################### # # MODIFY using a HASH # my %ReplaceHash = ( keyword => "x", proxy => "x" ); my $result = LDAPmodifyUsingHash ( $ldap, $dn, \%ReplaceHash ); sub LDAPmodifyUsingHash { my ($ldap, $dn, $whatToChange ) = @_; my $result = $ldap->modify ( $dn, replace => { %$whatToChange } ); return $result; } ####################################### # # MODIFY using a ARRAY List # my @ReplaceArrayList = [ 'keyword', "xxxxxxxxxx", 'proxy' , "yyyyyyyyyy" ]; my $result = LDAPmodifyUsingArrayList ( $ldap, $dn, @ReplaceArrayList ); sub LDAPmodifyUsingArrayList { my ($ldap, $dn, $whatToChange ) = @_; my $result = $ldap->modify ( $dn, changes => [ replace => @$whatToChange ] ); return $result; } ####################################### # # MODIFY using a ARRAY # my @ReplaceArray = ( 'keyword', "xxxxxxxxxx" , 'proxy' , "yyyyyyyyyy" ); my $result = LDAPmodifyUsingArray ( $ldap, $dn, @ReplaceArray ); sub LDAPmodifyUsingArray { my ($ldap, $dn, $whatToChange ) = @_; my $result = $ldap->modify ( $dn, changes => [ replace => [ @$whatToChange ] ] ); return $result; } ####################################### # # MODIFY an existing record using 'Changes' # (or combination of add/delete/replace) # my @whatToChange; my @ReplaceArray; my @DeleteArray; my @AddArray; push @AddArray, 'cn', "me myself"; push @ReplaceArray, 'sn', '!@#$%^&*()__+Hello THere'; push @ReplaceArray, 'cn', "me myself I"; push @DeleteArray, 'cn', "me myself"; if ( $#ReplaceArray > 0 ) { push @whatToChange, 'replace'; push @whatToChange, @ReplaceArray; } if ( $#DeleteArray > 0 ) { push @whatToChange, 'delete'; push @whatToChange, @DeleteArray; } if ( $#AddArray > 0 ) { push @whatToChange, 'add'; push @whatToChange, @AddArray; } $result = LDAPmodify ( $ldap, $dn, @whatToChange ); sub LDAPmodify { my ($ldap, $dn, $whatToChange) = @_; my $result = $ldap->modify ( $dn, changes => [ @$whatToChange ] ); return $result; } OPERATION - Changing the RDN my $newRDN = "cn=Joseph User"; my $result = LDAPrdnChange ( $ldap, $dn, $newRDN, "archive" ); sub LDAPrdnChange { my ($ldap,$dn,$whatToChange,$action) = @_; my $branch; # # if the archive action is selected, move this # entry to another place in the directory. # if ( $action =~ /archive/i ) { $branch = "ou=newbranch, o=mycompany, c=mycountry"; } # # use the 'deleteoldrdn' to keep from getting # multivalues in the NAMING attribute. # in most cases that would be the 'CN' attribute # my $result = $ldap->moddn ( $dn, newrdn => $whatToChange, deleteoldrdn => '1', newsuperior => $branch ); return $result; } OPERATION - Adding a new Record my $DNbranch = "ou=bailiwick, o=mycompany, c=mycountry"; # # check with your Directory Schema or Administrator # for the correct objectClass... I'm sure it'll be different # my $CreateArray = [ objectClass => [ "top", "person", "organizationalPerson", "inetOrgPerson" ], cn => "Jane User", uid => "0000001", sn => "User", mail => "JaneUser@mycompany.com" ]; # # create the new DN to look like this # " cn=Jo User + uid=0000001 , ou=bailiwick, o=mycompany, c=mycountry " # # NOTE: this DN MUST be changed to meet your implementation # my $NewDN = "@$CreateArray[2]=". "@$CreateArray[3]+". "@$CreateArray[4]=". "@$CreateArray[5],". $DNbranch; LDAPentryCreate($ldap, $NewDN, $CreateArray); # # CreateArray is a reference to an anonymous array # you have to dereference it in the subroutine it's # passed to. # sub LDAPentryCreate { my ($ldap, $dn, $whatToCreate) = @_; my $result = $ldap->add ( $dn, attrs => [ @$whatToCreate ] ); return $result; } ERROR - Retrieving and Displaying ERROR information if ( $result->code ) { # # if we've got an error... record it # LDAPerror ( "Searching", $result ); } sub LDAPerror { my ($from, $mesg) = @_; print "Return code: ", $mesg->code; print " Message: ", $mesg->error_name; print " :", $mesg->error_text; print "MessageID: ", $mesg->mesg_id; print " DN: ", $mesg->dn; #--- # Programmer note: # # "$mesg->error" DOESN'T work!!! # #print " Message: ", $mesg->error; #----- } UNBIND $ldap->unbind; LDAP SCHEMA RETRIEVAL
The following code snippet shows how to retrieve schema information. The first procedure is to initialize a new LDAP object using the same procedures as listed at the beginning of this document. The second procedure is to bind to your directory server. Some servers may require authentication to retrieve the schema from the directory server. This procedure is listed at the beginning of this document too. After a successful bind you are ready to retrieve the schema information. You do this by initializing a schema object. $schema = $ldap->schema ( ); In this case Net::LDAP will attempt to determine the dn under which the schema can be found. First it will look for the attribute "subschemasubentry" in the root DSE. If that cannot be found then it will default to the assumption of "cn=schema" Alternatively you can specify the dn where the schema is to be found with $schema = $ldap->schema ( dn => $dn ); Once we have a dn to search for, Net::LDAP will fetch the schema entry with $mesg = $self->search ( base => $dn, scope => 'base', filter => '(objectClass=subschema)', ); Once the schema object has been initialized, schema methods are used to retrieve the data. There are a number of ways this can be done. Information on the schema methods can be found in the Net::LDAP::Schema pod documentation. The following is a code snippet showing how to get and display information about returned attributes. # # Get the attributes # @attributes = $schema->all_attributes ( ); # # Display the attributes # foreach $ar ( @attributes ) { print "attributeType: ", $ar->{name}, " "; # # Print all the details # foreach $key ( keys %{$ar} ) { print join ( " ", " $key:", ref ( $ar->{$key} ) ? @{$ar->{$key}} : $ar->{$key} ), " "; } } The process is the basically the same for getting objectClass information. Where schema->all_attributes() is used, substitute schema->all_objectclasses(). From that point on the process is the same for both objectClasses and attributes. BUGS
None known, but there may be some AUTHOR
(of this document) Russell Biggs <rgb@ticnet.com> COPYRIGHT
All rights to this document are hereby relinquished to Graham Barr. perl v5.16.2 2012-09-20 Net::LDAP::Examples(3)