Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How long screen command runs? Post 302429099 by ninadgac on Saturday 12th of June 2010 11:11:17 AM
Old 06-12-2010
How long screen command runs?

Does screen command run forever?

Suppose I have following command inserted at my putty shell followed by screen

Code:
# screen
# export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_21
# export ANT_HOME=/usr/ant
# export PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin:$ANT_HOME/bin
# export CLASSPATH=.:$JAVA_HOME/lib/dt.jar:$JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar
# cd /opt/red5/dist
# ./red5.sh > start.log &

If I input this commands followed by screen , will be paths and home paths saved and RED5 process will run forever?

[/code]

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

command runs, no output

I have a script that searches for specific information from log files. #!/bin/sh sed -n '/*C/,/END/p' /sn/log/OMlog* > crit.out sed -n '/REPT INITIALIZATION/,/err:/p' /sn/log/OMlog* > switchcc.out ./start.awk /sn/log/OMlog* > ARs.out ./end.awk /sn/log/OMlog* > ARe.out cat crit.out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grinds
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How would you return how long a script runs for?

When running a ksh script, how would you time how long it took the script ran for? Is there a command that can capture this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding out how long a script runs for and exit reason.

I am running a daemon program that sends texts via a connected mobile phone. I run this daemon via CLI, and it loops a few commands (checking to see if there are any new texts). It runs perfectly, the problem is, when I leave this to run on my Ubuntu Desktop, and come back to it hours later it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daydreamer
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command in script gives error while same awk command at prompt runs fine: Why?

Hello all, Here is what my bash script does: sums number columns, saves the tot in new column, outputs if tot >= threshold val: > cat getnon0file.sh #!/bin/bash this="getnon0file.sh" USAGE=$this" InFile="xyz.38" Min="0.05" # awk '{sum=0; for(n=2; n<=NF; n++){sum+=$n};... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: catalys
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to return a message after command runs?

I have a script like this: echo "enter filername in lowercase" read -e filername exec 2>&1 echo "type the start date in format MM/DD/YYYY" read -e startdate exec 2>&1 echo "enter the end date in format MM/DD/YYYY" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script runs but does not execute rm -rf command

Hi! First off I'm no bin/bash script writer! :( I can make heads and tales of it from the php experience I have and that's all. Now I managed to piece this script together to go look at directory and remove files that are +60 days. It's finding the files but its not removing them. I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrBiggz
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script runs in command-line fine but times out in CRON?

Hi, I have a script that seems to run to completion when in the command-line, but when it is run using the cron, it seems to time out. They both start and run fine, but on the CRON it stops prematurely. The script hits an API every few seconds and grabs data. Does anyone have any idea on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpchick
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Where can I find the program that runs the -wc command?

Hey guys, I was wondering. When I enter a command in the terminal -wcl for a word count, where is that program located in the kernel? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
7 Replies
java-functions(7)						RPM Java packaging						 java-functions(7)

NAME
java-functions - Functions library for Java applications. Written for the JPackage Project <http://www.jpackage.org/>: SYNOPSIS
set_jvm() Set the java virtual machine. Use a JAVA_HOME if defined, or try to find it from java command set_classpath() Set the classpath - this functions requires a valid JAVA_HOME, JAVACMD, and JAVA_LIBDIR. JARs could be specified as an argument, or via ADDITIONAL_JARS variable. set_javacmd() set the JAVACMD variable. Options should be passed via JAVACMD_OPTS variable. set_flags() set FLAGS variable. They could be specified as an argument, or via ADDITIONAL_FLAGS variable. set_options() set OPTIONS variable. They could be specified as an argument, or via ADDITIONAL_OPTIONS variable. run() run the application. It executed a following command. If VERBOSE is defined, then it prints the command to stdout. exec $JAVACMD $FLAGS -classpath $CLASSPATH $OPTIONS $MAIN_CLASS "$@" set_jvm_dirs() set JVM-related directories (JVM_LIBDIR, JAVA_VERSION, JAVAVER_LIBDIR and JAVAVER_JNIDIR variables). Requires a correct JAVA_LIBDIR, JAVA_HOME and JAVA_CMD. link_jar_repository() links a jar repository. Options could be found in build-jar-repository(1) find_jar() finds a specific extention (jar or directory). Requires a correct JAVA_LIBDIR, JAVAVER_LIBDIR and JVM_LIBDIR. Used by find-jar(1) com- mand. do_find_jar() core routine used by find_jar() check_java_env() checks java environment - the JAVA_HOME, JAVACMD, JAVA_LIBDIR, JNI_LIBDIR variables. DESCRIPTION
This is a library of generic shell functions which should be used on jpackage.org compatible distributions. FILES
/use/share/java-utils/java-functions shell script functions library for Java applications /etc/java/java.conf system-wide Java configuration file ~/.java/java.conf user's Java configuration SEE ALSO
Regular Manual Pages build-jar-repository(1) find-jar(1) java.conf(5) jpackage-utils(7) AUTHORS
Guillaume Rousse <guillomovitch@sourceforge.net> Ville Skytta <scop at jpackage.org> David Walluck <david@jpackage.org> Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mailhot at laPoste.net> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs using JPackage Bugzilla (http://www.jpackage.org/bugzilla/) jpackage-utils 1.7.5 February 2009 java-functions(7)