Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting unziping to current time stamp Post 302428987 by curleb on Friday 11th of June 2010 12:04:05 PM
Old 06-11-2010
what is your decompress command? If it's a tarred|gzipped file, you would want to ignore permissions, for example...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip to current time stamp?

I need the current time stamp to the unzipped file , any helpful option in unzip command ? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: almanto
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

regarding time stamp

hi everyone i am facing a strange problem here suppose content of my file is a=1,2,3 b=2,3,4 c=4,5,6 time= now the problem is i want to add value in front of time variable and the value should be i format only "HHMMSS" so it should be like this a=1,2,3 b=2,3,4 c=4,5,6... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get time duration between two human readable time stamp in Unix?

Here is two time I have: Jul 12 16:02:01 Jul 13 01:02:01 and how can I do a simple match to get difference between two time which is 09:00:00 Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ford99
3 Replies

4. Solaris

System time and Cron time stamp not matching

On Solaris 10 server the system date won't match with the timestamp on files created by a cron jobs, Please help here is what i get when i check for system date infodba-ie10ux014:/tcpdv1_ie10/tcadmin/bin\n\r-> date Tue Apr 24 15:27:43 GMT 2012at same time i executed a cron job, and checked... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karghum
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying current date time of EDT in IST time

Hi Folks, My server time is in EDT. And i am sending automated mails from that server in which i need to display the current date time as per IST (GMT+5:30). Please advice how to display the date time as per IST. IST time leads 9:30 mins to EDT. and i wrote something like below. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i find a file with the current time stamp in it??

I want to find a file using find or any utility having the current date time stamp..... I have an alternate way to do that.... but that is too way out of logic... so looking out something with find itself (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need mtime with time stamp

hi all find /folder1 -mtime 1 >folder1 with the above command , I can get the output of all the files which are modified(within folders and sub folders of folder1) in the last 24 hours. but the listed files output , does not contain the time stamp with it. I request you to give... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidharthmellam
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UTC time into current UNIX sever time zone

Hi guys thanks for the help for my previous posts.Now i have a requirement that i download a XMl file which has UTC time stamp.I need to convert UTC time into Unix server timezone. For ex if the time zone of unix server is CDT then i need to convert into CDT.whatever may be the system time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add current time stamp column in existing csv file

Hi , I want to add a new column 'current_time stamp' in my existing csv file with current time stamp for all the records.I tried something this but this is printing 0 with date & time and printed date one line above header.Please help awk -F "," 'BEGIN{ OFS="," } {$6=system("date... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diplay current time stamp in the output

I want to display the command output in a particular format. can you please suggest how can i do this Output of the command Name= XYZ Company= Alpha Department= Accounts Country= Singapore Name=MNC Company= Beta Department= Engineering country=Malta Name=ABC Company=Gamma... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swets
2 Replies
deb-old(5)							    dpkg suite								deb-old(5)

NAME
deb-old - old style Debian binary package format SYNOPSIS
filename.deb DESCRIPTION
The .deb format is the Debian binary package file format. This manual page describes the old format, used before Debian 0.93. Please see deb(5) for details of the new format. FORMAT
The file is two lines of format information as ASCII text, followed by two concatenated gzipped ustar files. The first line is the format version number padded to 8 digits, and is 0.939000 for all old-format archives. The second line is a decimal string (without leading zeroes) giving the length of the first gzipped tarfile. Each of these lines is terminated with a single newline character. The first tarfile contains the control information, as a series of ordinary files. The file control must be present, as it contains the core control information. In some very old archives, the files in the control tarfile may optionally be in a DEBIAN subdirectory. In that case, the DEBIAN subdirectory will be in the control tarfile too, and the control tarfile will have only files in that directory. Optionally the control tarfile may contain an entry for '.', that is, the current directory. The second gzipped tarfile is the filesystem archive, containing pathnames relative to the root directory of the system to be installed on. The pathnames do not have leading slashes. SEE ALSO
deb(5), dpkg-deb(1), deb-control(5). 1.19.0.5 2018-04-16 deb-old(5)