Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting unziping to current time stamp Post 302428903 by dazdseg on Friday 11th of June 2010 08:13:21 AM
Old 06-11-2010
i went through the man page for gzip but i am unable to find anything that can be useful for u. but u can write a script that can rename the file after unzippin with the current timestamp.
btw u can write a script to capture the current datetime stamp and change it with the original datetime stamp.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip to current time stamp?

I need the current time stamp to the unzipped file , any helpful option in unzip command ? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: almanto
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

regarding time stamp

hi everyone i am facing a strange problem here suppose content of my file is a=1,2,3 b=2,3,4 c=4,5,6 time= now the problem is i want to add value in front of time variable and the value should be i format only "HHMMSS" so it should be like this a=1,2,3 b=2,3,4 c=4,5,6... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get time duration between two human readable time stamp in Unix?

Here is two time I have: Jul 12 16:02:01 Jul 13 01:02:01 and how can I do a simple match to get difference between two time which is 09:00:00 Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ford99
3 Replies

4. Solaris

System time and Cron time stamp not matching

On Solaris 10 server the system date won't match with the timestamp on files created by a cron jobs, Please help here is what i get when i check for system date infodba-ie10ux014:/tcpdv1_ie10/tcadmin/bin\n\r-> date Tue Apr 24 15:27:43 GMT 2012at same time i executed a cron job, and checked... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karghum
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying current date time of EDT in IST time

Hi Folks, My server time is in EDT. And i am sending automated mails from that server in which i need to display the current date time as per IST (GMT+5:30). Please advice how to display the date time as per IST. IST time leads 9:30 mins to EDT. and i wrote something like below. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i find a file with the current time stamp in it??

I want to find a file using find or any utility having the current date time stamp..... I have an alternate way to do that.... but that is too way out of logic... so looking out something with find itself (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need mtime with time stamp

hi all find /folder1 -mtime 1 >folder1 with the above command , I can get the output of all the files which are modified(within folders and sub folders of folder1) in the last 24 hours. but the listed files output , does not contain the time stamp with it. I request you to give... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidharthmellam
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UTC time into current UNIX sever time zone

Hi guys thanks for the help for my previous posts.Now i have a requirement that i download a XMl file which has UTC time stamp.I need to convert UTC time into Unix server timezone. For ex if the time zone of unix server is CDT then i need to convert into CDT.whatever may be the system time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add current time stamp column in existing csv file

Hi , I want to add a new column 'current_time stamp' in my existing csv file with current time stamp for all the records.I tried something this but this is printing 0 with date & time and printed date one line above header.Please help awk -F "," 'BEGIN{ OFS="," } {$6=system("date... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diplay current time stamp in the output

I want to display the command output in a particular format. can you please suggest how can i do this Output of the command Name= XYZ Company= Alpha Department= Accounts Country= Singapore Name=MNC Company= Beta Department= Engineering country=Malta Name=ABC Company=Gamma... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swets
2 Replies
PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_TYPE(3PCAP)											       PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_TYPE(3PCAP)

NAME
pcap_set_tstamp_type - set the time stamp type to be used by a capture device SYNOPSIS
#include <pcap/pcap.h> int pcap_set_tstamp_type(pcap_t *p, int tstamp_type); DESCRIPTION
pcap_set_tstamp_type() sets the the type of time stamp desired for packets captured on the pcap descriptor to the type specified by tstamp_type. It must be called on a pcap descriptor created by pcap_create() that has not yet been activated by pcap_activate(). pcap_list_tstamp_types() will give a list of the time stamp types supported by a given capture device. See pcap-tstamp(7) for a list of all the time stamp types. RETURN VALUE
pcap_set_tstamp_type() returns 0 on success if the specified time stamp type is expected to be supported by the capture device, PCAP_WARN- ING_TSTAMP_TYPE_NOTSUP on success if the specified time stamp type is not supported by the capture device, PCAP_ERROR_ACTIVATED if called on a capture handle that has been activated, and PCAP_ERROR_CANTSET_TSTAMP_TYPE if the capture device doesn't support setting the time stamp type. SEE ALSO
pcap(3PCAP), pcap_list_tstamp_types(3PCAP), pcap_tstamp_type_name_to_val(3PCAP), pcap-tstamp(7) 21 August 2010 PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_TYPE(3PCAP)