Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ldom and lpar
Operating Systems AIX ldom and lpar Post 302428848 by zaxxon on Friday 11th of June 2010 05:04:04 AM
Old 06-11-2010
Not the same but similar.
This User Gave Thanks to zaxxon For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Autosys on LDOM

Has anyone configured an Autosys server to run on a Solaris LDOM? I can't think of any obvious reason why there would be a problem with it, but.... Jerry (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
0 Replies

2. Solaris

ldom and zone

hi, what is the difference between ldom and zone. can we install any other os than sun in ldom. thanks, snj. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snjksh
2 Replies

3. Solaris

VxVM5.1 in a Ldom

Has any one installed and used VxVM5.1 in a Ldom .. i was able to install it but when i try to initialize a disk it gives me following error as the disks are imported from ZFS backend .. :-( and they does not show the target no. /etc/vx/bin/vxdisksetup -if c0d2s2 VxVM vxdisksetup ERROR... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

4. AIX

LPAR freezes after switching of storage (lpar is mirrored)

Hi all, I have the following configuration 2 ds3524 storage disk systems located over 2 locations 2 P720 server located over 2 locations DS3524 are connected to san switch. Each vio server has 1 fc adapter attached to a san switch. per p720 server 2 virtual io servers. Vio 1 has 1 lun... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markiemark
2 Replies

5. Solaris

ldom patching

Greetings everyone! I have the task of patching six ldoms and two control domains. I have never done this before and would like to know of any pitfalls or "gotchas" I may encounter. I have been looking online but have found very little about patching ldoms. Thank you all. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: desertdenizen
4 Replies

6. AIX

How to differentiate between a standalone LPAR and a VIOC (which again is a lpar)?

There can be configurations in IBM Server wherein a standalone partition is created on some supported IBM Server Or A VIOS - VIOC LPARs created. Now in both cases they are lpars. But if I want to differentiate b/w a standalone LPAR vs an VIOC LPAR how can I do..? On a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manish00712
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Ldom problem

Hi People, I have been trying to learn solaris ldoms, have created one on a T2000 and get the following error when try to install it off DVD WARNING: /virtual-devices@100/channel-devices@200/disk@1: Communication error with Virtual Disk Server using Port 0. Retrying If anyone could help... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
8 Replies
Finding a set of similar Objects covering at least a CPU set(Hardware Locality (hwlFinding a set of similar Objects covering at least a CPU set(3)

NAME
Finding a set of similar Objects covering at least a CPU set - Functions static inline hwloc_obj_t hwloc_get_next_obj_covering_cpuset_by_depth (hwloc_topology_t topology, hwloc_const_cpuset_t set, unsigned depth, hwloc_obj_t prev) static inline hwloc_obj_t hwloc_get_next_obj_covering_cpuset_by_type (hwloc_topology_t topology, hwloc_const_cpuset_t set, hwloc_obj_type_t type, hwloc_obj_t prev) Function Documentation static inline hwloc_obj_t hwloc_get_next_obj_covering_cpuset_by_depth (hwloc_topology_ttopology, hwloc_const_cpuset_tset, unsigneddepth, hwloc_obj_tprev) [static] Iterate through same-depth objects covering at least CPU set set. If object prev is NULL, return the first object at depth depth covering at least part of CPU set set. The next invokation should pass the previous return value in prev so as to obtain the next object covering at least another part of set. Note: This function cannot work if objects at the given depth do not have CPU sets or if the topology is made of different machines. static inline hwloc_obj_t hwloc_get_next_obj_covering_cpuset_by_type (hwloc_topology_ttopology, hwloc_const_cpuset_tset, hwloc_obj_type_ttype, hwloc_obj_tprev) [static] Iterate through same-type objects covering at least CPU set set. If object prev is NULL, return the first object of type type covering at least part of CPU set set. The next invokation should pass the previous return value in prev so as to obtain the next object of type type covering at least another part of set. If there are no or multiple depths for type type, NULL is returned. The caller may fallback to hwloc_get_next_obj_covering_cpuset_by_depth() for each depth. Note: This function cannot work if objects of the given type do not have CPU sets or if the topology is made of different machines. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for Hardware Locality (hwloc) from the source code. Version 1.4.1 Mon Feb 27 2012 Finding a set of similar Objects covering at least a CPU set(3)