Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk pattern match and search in single statement Post 302428631 by radoulov on Thursday 10th of June 2010 11:21:05 AM
Old 06-10-2010
Use gawk, /usr/xpg4/bin/awk or nawk on Solaris:

Code:
awk 'BEGIN {
  b = "MIGAU1\tEXEC SQL\nMIGAU1\t\t"
  b = b  "BEGIN DECLARE SECTION\nMIGAU1\tEND-EXEC"
  e = "MIGAU1\tEXEC SQL\nMIGAU1\t\tEND DECLARE SECTION"
  e = e "\nMIGAU1\tEND-EXEC"  
  }
/EXEC SQL/ { print b }
/END-EXEC/ { print e }
' infile

Edit: Just saw the "containing include" part, work in progress ... Smilie

---------- Post updated at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:10 PM ----------

Use gawk or /usr/xpg4/bin/awk on Solaris:

Code:
awk 'BEGIN {
  b = "MIGAU1\tEXEC SQL\nMIGAU1\t\t"
  b = b  "BEGIN DECLARE SECTION\nMIGAU1\tEND-EXEC"
  e = "MIGAU1\tEXEC SQL\nMIGAU1\t\tEND DECLARE SECTION"
  e = e "\nMIGAU1\tEND-EXEC"  
  }
/EXEC SQL/, /END-EXEC/ { 
  r = r ? r RS $0 : $0
  /INCLUDE/ && ok ++
  if (/END-EXEC/) {
    if (ok) {
      print b RS r RS e
      r = ok = x
      }
  else {
    print r; r = x  
    }
  }	
  next	
  }-3' infile

Last edited by radoulov; 06-10-2010 at 12:40 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to radoulov For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

List files that do not match the search pattern

I need to list the files that do not match the search pattern: Example: cat file1 This is how it should work cat file2 This is why I like Unix grep -option? Unix * (or some other command) returns file1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: olapxpert
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List files that do not match the search pattern

I need to list the files that do not match the search pattern: Example: cat file1 This is how it should work cat file2 This is why I like Unix grep -option? Unix * (or some other command) returns file1 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: olapxpert
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search files which doesnot match pattern ?

Hi I need a command to search files in a directory which does not match with pattern .. Plz send me this Ex : Test is directory and has some 10 files with different name all are with *.dat extension , need to search files which doesnot contain word "Dummy file". Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: madankumar
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to match a pattern and perform a search after the first pattern

Hello Guyz I have been following this forum for a while and the solutions provided are super useful. I currently have a scenario where i need to search for a pattern and start searching by keeping the first pattern as a baseline ABC DEF LMN EFG HIJ LMN OPQ In the above text i need to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RickCharles
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to specify more then one pattern in a single mget statement of ftp command?

hi, i am using ftp command to get some files from a remote server. if the remote server contains files of different extension. abc.txt def.txt ghi.lst jkl.cnf is it possible to get all the three type of files in one ftp? i am using this ftp command $FTP $Remote_server <<_FTP1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search Pattern and combine into single file

Hi Experts Please help me out with the following thing: 2 files and want the output file: {No for using FOR loop because I got 22 million lines} Tried that "It processes only 8000 records per hour" I need a faster way out !!! FileA: 9051 9052 9053 9054 9055 9056 9057 9058 9059 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navkanwal
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple pattern match and print the output in a single line

I need to match two patterns in a log file and need to get the next line of the one of the pattern (out of two patterns) that is matched, finally need to print these three values in a single line. Sample Log: 2013/06/11 14:29:04 <0999> (725102) Processing batch 02_1231324 2013/06/11... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpm120
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk pattern match by looping through search patterns

Hi I am using Solaris 5.10 & ksh Wanted to loop through a pattern file by reading it and passing it to the awk to match that value present in column 1 of rawdata.txt , if so print column 1 & 2 in to Avlblpatterns.txt. Using the following code but it seems some mistakes and it is running for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananan
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep/awk using a begin search pattern and end search pattern

I have this fileA TEST FILE ABC this file contains ABC; TEST FILE DGHT this file contains DGHT; TEST FILE 123 this file contains ABC, this file contains DEF, this file contains XYZ, this file contains KLM ; I want to have a fileZ that has only (begin search pattern for will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbabz
2 Replies
GREP(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   GREP(1)

NAME
grep - search a file for lines containing a given pattern SYNOPSIS
grep [-elnsv] pattern [file] ... OPTIONS
-e -e pattern is the same as pattern -c Print a count of lines matched -i Ignore case -l Print file names, no lines -n Print line numbers -s Status only, no printed output -v Select lines that do not match EXAMPLES
grep mouse file # Find lines in file containing mouse grep [0-9] file # Print lines containing a digit DESCRIPTION
Grep searches one or more files (by default, stdin) and selects out all the lines that match the pattern. All the regular expressions accepted by ed and mined are allowed. In addition, + can be used instead of * to mean 1 or more occurrences, ? can be used to mean 0 or 1 occurrences, and | can be used between two regular expressions to mean either one of them. Parentheses can be used for grouping. If a match is found, exit status 0 is returned. If no match is found, exit status 1 is returned. If an error is detected, exit status 2 is returned. SEE ALSO
cgrep(1), fgrep(1), sed(1), awk(9). GREP(1)