Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming pthread_exit and pthread_join usage Post 302428562 by prompt on Thursday 10th of June 2010 08:57:30 AM
Old 06-10-2010
Thanks for you answer...
This is the command
Code:
gcc p2.c -o p2 -l pthread

p2.c: In function ‘th':
p2.c:5: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
p2.c: In function ‘main':
p2.c:12: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast

The code at the first post is complete! Is only a test!
The version of gcc is 4.2.1 and I'm on Mac OSX!
prompt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write my own version of pthread_join()

I would like to write my own version of pthread_join and some of the other pthread function. Does some know any pages that have som examples of doing this?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bigblop
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FATAL:exception occured with pthread_exit()

We had written an application in which we create worker thread. So the main thread will create the worker thread. After some time the child thread(Worker thread) will call pthread_exit(). This function was written in try{} and there occured an Exception and is handled in catch(...)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: platso
0 Replies

3. Linux

pthread_join hang on glibc2.5

Hello All, The problem i'm experiencing is with the following code: #include <pthread.h> #include <stdio.h> int main(void) { (void) pthread_join(155555, NULL); printf("done"); return 0; } I'm getting on terminal segmentation fault . System used:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crocodil
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pthread_join function

Hi, I would like to know if the call of pthread_join( thread,&status) for a thread already created in main function will free the memory allocated to thread after the pthread_join retruns or should I wait the termination of main function? Is there any need to cancel or exit the thread if I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behnaz
0 Replies

6. Programming

Doubt on pthread_exit and pthread_join

Main function creates Thread0 and Thread1 by using pthread_create systemcall. In Thread0() { we are calling pthread_exit(0) ; } and in Thread1() { status= pthread_join(tid,NULL); sprintf(ebuf,"timer6: can't join with thread0, status: %d",status); Assert(status==0,ebuf); } ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansa
4 Replies

7. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

9. Programming

pthread_exit query

Hi, I am new to multithreaded programming. When creating a thread to run a specific function, does the function need to have a pthread_exit ? Is pthread_exit analogous to a return in a function? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjayc
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory usage per user,percent usage,sytem time in ksh

Let's say i have 20 users logged on Server. How can I know how much memory percent used each of them is using with system time in each user? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
2 Replies
TRAMPOLINE(3)						     Library Functions Manual						     TRAMPOLINE(3)

NAME
trampoline - closures as first-class C functions SYNOPSIS
#include <trampoline.h> function = alloc_trampoline(address, variable, data); free_trampoline(function); is_trampoline(function) trampoline_address(function) trampoline_variable(function) trampoline_data(function) DESCRIPTION
These functions implement closures as first-class C functions. A closure consists of a regular C function and a piece of data which gets passed to the C function when the closure is called. Closures as first-class C functions means that they fit into a function pointer and can be called exactly like any other C function. func- tion = alloc_trampoline(address, variable, data) allocates a closure. When function gets called, it stores data in the variable variable and calls the C function at address. The function at address is responsible for fetching data out of variable immediately, before execu- tion of any other function call. This is much like gcc's local functions, except that the GNU C local functions have dynamic extent (i.e. are deallocated when the creating function returns), while trampoline provides functions with indefinite extent: function is only deallocated when free_trampoline(function) is called. is_trampoline(function) checks whether the C function function was produced by a call to alloc_trampoline. If this returns true, the argu- ments given to alloc_trampoline can be retrieved: trampoline_address(function) returns address, trampoline_variable(function) returns variable, trampoline_data(function) returns data. SEE ALSO
gcc(1), varargs(3), callback(3) BUGS
Passing the data through a global variable is not reentrant. Don't call trampoline functions from within signal handlers. This is fixed in the callback(3) package. PORTING
The way gcc builds local functions is described in the gcc source, file gcc-2.6.3/config/cpu/cpu.h. AUTHOR
Bruno Haible <bruno@clisp.org> ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Many ideas were cribbed from the gcc source. 25 October 1997 TRAMPOLINE(3)