Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming pthread_exit and pthread_join usage Post 302428541 by JohnGraham on Thursday 10th of June 2010 08:26:46 AM
Old 06-10-2010
Quote:
Can I modify for remove any warning message? (sorry for my english if there are errors)
What warning messages are you getting? Also, please post the complete source file that gives you the warnings you want to get rid of, as well as the command you use to compile.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write my own version of pthread_join()

I would like to write my own version of pthread_join and some of the other pthread function. Does some know any pages that have som examples of doing this?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bigblop
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FATAL:exception occured with pthread_exit()

We had written an application in which we create worker thread. So the main thread will create the worker thread. After some time the child thread(Worker thread) will call pthread_exit(). This function was written in try{} and there occured an Exception and is handled in catch(...)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: platso
0 Replies

3. Linux

pthread_join hang on glibc2.5

Hello All, The problem i'm experiencing is with the following code: #include <pthread.h> #include <stdio.h> int main(void) { (void) pthread_join(155555, NULL); printf("done"); return 0; } I'm getting on terminal segmentation fault . System used:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crocodil
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pthread_join function

Hi, I would like to know if the call of pthread_join( thread,&status) for a thread already created in main function will free the memory allocated to thread after the pthread_join retruns or should I wait the termination of main function? Is there any need to cancel or exit the thread if I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behnaz
0 Replies

6. Programming

Doubt on pthread_exit and pthread_join

Main function creates Thread0 and Thread1 by using pthread_create systemcall. In Thread0() { we are calling pthread_exit(0) ; } and in Thread1() { status= pthread_join(tid,NULL); sprintf(ebuf,"timer6: can't join with thread0, status: %d",status); Assert(status==0,ebuf); } ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansa
4 Replies

7. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

9. Programming

pthread_exit query

Hi, I am new to multithreaded programming. When creating a thread to run a specific function, does the function need to have a pthread_exit ? Is pthread_exit analogous to a return in a function? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjayc
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory usage per user,percent usage,sytem time in ksh

Let's say i have 20 users logged on Server. How can I know how much memory percent used each of them is using with system time in each user? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
2 Replies
warnings(3perl) 					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					   warnings(3perl)

NAME
warnings - Perl pragma to control optional warnings SYNOPSIS
use warnings; no warnings; use warnings "all"; no warnings "all"; use warnings::register; if (warnings::enabled()) { warnings::warn("some warning"); } if (warnings::enabled("void")) { warnings::warn("void", "some warning"); } if (warnings::enabled($object)) { warnings::warn($object, "some warning"); } warnings::warnif("some warning"); warnings::warnif("void", "some warning"); warnings::warnif($object, "some warning"); DESCRIPTION
The "warnings" pragma is a replacement for the command line flag "-w", but the pragma is limited to the enclosing block, while the flag is global. See perllexwarn for more information. If no import list is supplied, all possible warnings are either enabled or disabled. A number of functions are provided to assist module authors. use warnings::register Creates a new warnings category with the same name as the package where the call to the pragma is used. warnings::enabled() Use the warnings category with the same name as the current package. Return TRUE if that warnings category is enabled in the calling module. Otherwise returns FALSE. warnings::enabled($category) Return TRUE if the warnings category, $category, is enabled in the calling module. Otherwise returns FALSE. warnings::enabled($object) Use the name of the class for the object reference, $object, as the warnings category. Return TRUE if that warnings category is enabled in the first scope where the object is used. Otherwise returns FALSE. warnings::fatal_enabled() Return TRUE if the warnings category with the same name as the current package has been set to FATAL in the calling module. Otherwise returns FALSE. warnings::fatal_enabled($category) Return TRUE if the warnings category $category has been set to FATAL in the calling module. Otherwise returns FALSE. warnings::fatal_enabled($object) Use the name of the class for the object reference, $object, as the warnings category. Return TRUE if that warnings category has been set to FATAL in the first scope where the object is used. Otherwise returns FALSE. warnings::warn($message) Print $message to STDERR. Use the warnings category with the same name as the current package. If that warnings category has been set to "FATAL" in the calling module then die. Otherwise return. warnings::warn($category, $message) Print $message to STDERR. If the warnings category, $category, has been set to "FATAL" in the calling module then die. Otherwise return. warnings::warn($object, $message) Print $message to STDERR. Use the name of the class for the object reference, $object, as the warnings category. If that warnings category has been set to "FATAL" in the scope where $object is first used then die. Otherwise return. warnings::warnif($message) Equivalent to: if (warnings::enabled()) { warnings::warn($message) } warnings::warnif($category, $message) Equivalent to: if (warnings::enabled($category)) { warnings::warn($category, $message) } warnings::warnif($object, $message) Equivalent to: if (warnings::enabled($object)) { warnings::warn($object, $message) } warnings::register_categories(@names) This registers warning categories for the given names and is primarily for use by the warnings::register pragma, for which see perllexwarn. See "Pragmatic Modules" in perlmodlib and perllexwarn. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-19 warnings(3perl)