Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remotely call function from local script Post 302428434 by pludi on Thursday 10th of June 2010 02:10:46 AM
Old 06-10-2010
Double post, continued here, thread closed.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make variables in script function local?

Is it possible to make function variables local? I mean for example, I have a script variable 'name' and in function I have declared variable 'name' I need to have script's 'name' have the same value as it was before calling the function with the same declaration. The way to preserve a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to call a local function within Awk

Hi, I have the following statement which parses a string for me and prints it out: l_comp="dc000.runksh.test.ksh| $g_sql/dc0000.runksh_test.sql|new.dat|control.ctl" echo $l_comp | awk -F"|" '{ for ( i = 1; i <= NF; i++) { print $i; } } ' Rather then printing the data, I would like to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAGIRL
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to call another function

Here is the following code : 1. # gcc -c test firstprog.c the above command will generate a executable file called "test " in which ever directory it is run. Assuming It will also return a value. 2. In the below SCRIPT . test is a file generated by compiling a c program... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vabiosis
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

howto run remotely call function from within script

Hi I have the following script : #!/bin/ksh #################### Function macAddressFinder ######################## macAddressFinder() { `ifconfig -a > ipInterfaces` `cat ipInterfaces` } ####################################################################### # # print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script – Function Call

Hello, I have Individual function in my shell script , Function1 { Master activities } Function2 { Sub activities 1 } Function3 { Sub activities 2 } … (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shanks
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call function from another script

Hey, i got this 2 file. When i try to pick option 1, which is test1, it says ./test: test1: not found. Any idea on how i can fix it? #!/bin/sh QUIT=0 `dirname $0`/testfile while ; do testmenu read option case $option in 1) test1 ;; 2) test2 ;; 3) echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nick1097
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running local script remotely with arguments in ksh

When i use ssh command to execute local script on remote server , I am unable to do it. Please let me know how this can be done in ksh req=abc dte=ghd ssh username@hostname "$req $dte" < run_script.sh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call function as different user within the script

Hello For HP-UX, ksh shell, is it possible to define functions and call them by another user ? For example <function_name> ( ) { command1 command2 } su - <user> -c <function_name> Or the only option is defining the user in the function itself as follows - <function_name> ( )... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Running local script remotely with arguments

Dear Experts, I have found this script on internet that can be used to execute local script remotely #!/bin/bash # runremote.sh # usage: runremote.sh localscript remoteuser remotehost arg1 arg2 ... realscript=$1 user=$2 host=$3 shift 3 # escape the arguments declare -a args ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
4 Replies
SETUID(1)                                                     General Commands Manual                                                    SETUID(1)

NAME
setuid - run a command with a different uid. SYNOPSIS
setuid username|uid command [ args ] DESCRIPTION
Setuid changes user id, then executes the specified command. Unlike some versions of su(1), this program doesn't ever ask for a password when executed with effective uid=root. This program doesn't change the environment; it only changes the uid and then uses execvp() to find the command in the path, and execute it. (If the command is a script, execvp() passes the command name to /bin/sh for processing.) For example, setuid some_user $SHELL can be used to start a shell running as another user. Setuid is useful inside scripts that are being run by a setuid-root user -- such as a script invoked with super, so that the script can execute some commands using the uid of the original user, instead of root. This allows unsafe commands (such as editors and pagers) to be used in a non-root mode inside a super script. For example, an operator with permission to modify a certain protected_file could use a super command that simply does: cp protected_file temp_file setuid $ORIG_USER ${EDITOR:-/bin/vi} temp_file cp temp_file protected_file (Note: don't use this example directly. If the temp_file can somehow be replaced by another user, as might be the case if it's kept in a temporary directory, there will be a race condition in the time between editing the temporary file and copying it back to the protected file.) AUTHOR
Will Deich local SETUID(1)