Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automatically execute all programs in a directory Post 302428359 by max3000 on Wednesday 9th of June 2010 02:59:28 PM
Old 06-09-2010
Automatically execute all programs in a directory

Hello.

The last days I extended an open-source C++ library by some faster functions. This library provides a lot of short test programs which guarantee that the library works exactly.

The compilation of each test works in a Makefile automatically.

What I need is a shell script which executes all the build programs one after another. Furthermore I would like to get prompt to press the return key between two program executions.

Since I have nearly no experience with unix shell programming I would be glad if anyone could tell me how to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Max

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing files automatically from a directory after 30 days.

Hello; I have a directory that is collecting log and act files. I need to write a script that will remove these files once they are 30 days old. I have read through a number of threads on this site that have given me a great deal of information. However I have what seems to be a unique... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: justinb_155
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help to execute programs in sequence through batch

I need help to create batch file . I want to run some programs in sequence in batch mode . I have one file which contains the name of program and command The test.bat file contain this data stsrun -v devel area1.exp stsrun -v devel prime1.exp stsrun -v devel treat.exp Please help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: getdpg
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

i want a script to execute if the time is 12:00 automatically

i write a script for displaying a xmessage.But i want it to run automatically for every one hour.can any one help me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmananindia
2 Replies

4. AIX

Execute "telinit q" while programs are running ?

Hi, I want to make changes to inittab file and reread it using "telinit q" to make changes effective immediately. Is it safe to do that while important apps are running ? thanks Vilius (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Initialization Problems - Cannot execute automatically

Figured out the first half but am still having a little trouble shooting problem with the Initialization Files. I am working in bash on a remote server. When I log on I am seeing the correct prompt but right before that I am also seeing this the id -u integer expression expected is what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moonunit
2 Replies

6. Fedora

Automatically execute a software without gui at boot

hi all, this is my first post here...i hope that this is the correct section to write my question. I have a distro linux without gui, only text mode. So, it's possible run automatically a command or a program as "top" or "ping" and get the result on the main shell , after the boot and after... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangiaemi
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to i execute .rdf file oracle report automatically in cron tab unix

Hi, I want to execute .rdf file which uses oracle report in crontab ..Can you please help me out how to schedule it crontab.as it is a rdf file Please give any suggestions regarding the above issue. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: soumyamishra
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically determining directory path for scripts and programs

I have some C++ code in the following directory structure /home/chrisd/tatsh/trunk/hstmy/ ├── baseLib ├── bin │ ├── awk │ ├── bash │ ├── diag │ ├── ksh │ │ └── TAG201011 │ ├── old │ ├── perl │ ├── prog │ ├── py │ └── tcsh ├── docs ├── fortran ├── others... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Need help on how to execute several programs

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Get each of these programs to run. Prove that you've done this(use script). Give a description of each program along with sample executions. These are the exact programs we were given. 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: FaTaL
11 Replies
DH_AUTO_TEST(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_AUTO_TEST(1)

NAME
dh_auto_test - automatically runs a package's test suites SYNOPSIS
dh_auto_test [buildsystemoptions] [debhelperoptions] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_auto_test is a debhelper program that tries to automatically run a package's test suite. It does so by running the appropriate command for the build system it detects the package uses. For example, if there's a Makefile and it contains a test or check target, then this is done by running make (or MAKE, if the environment variable is set). If the test suite fails, the command will exit nonzero. If there's no test suite, it will exit zero without doing anything. This is intended to work for about 90% of packages with a test suite. If it doesn't work, you're encouraged to skip using dh_auto_test at all, and just run the test suite manually. OPTIONS
See "BUILD SYSTEM OPTIONS" in debhelper(7) for a list of common build system selection and control options. -- params Pass params to the program that is run, after the parameters that dh_auto_test usually passes. NOTES
If the DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS environment variable contains nocheck, no tests will be performed. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_AUTO_TEST(1)