Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Want to move to UNIX admin dept. Post 302428125 by rajsharma on Wednesday 9th of June 2010 01:30:11 AM
Old 06-09-2010
Bug Want to move to UNIX admin dept.

Hi everyone,

I work in UNIX AIX and most of the work is related to shell scripting.Now i want to move to the UNIX admin.Can you guys let me how to start about this?Pls provide the links of resources that could help.

Thank in advance.

Raj

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Tips and Tutorials

Read this if you are serious about being a Unix Admin...

Okay someone posted this as a response to a newbie question about books and resources and the ever popular "What should I read to be a good unix admin " newbie question... I feel this should be a sticky, because after having read a good portion of it since yesterday, I noticed the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kelam_Magnus
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Lost both Unix Admin's ....need help

Hi all, I know nothing about unix. Both of our unix guys left for greener pastures. I have been given the task of tring to get 10,000 accounts on a hp ux system into active directory. The accounts don't need to be moved, but they need to be in active directory for a couple of applications. Even if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bob D
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Admin Careers

I wish to transition from Mainframe to Open Systems Storage Administration. How much training would I need in order to meet requirements for an AIX Administrator position? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ednan171
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Guide for Unix admin

Hi guys, I believe most of you guys are guru here. I'm actually linux/unix programmer and understand some of linux language (sh, bash, perl). I would like to jump into more technical role which is sys admin which I need to do something like : - Veritas backup and clustering (I heard our... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: peac3
14 Replies

5. Advertise with Us

Where are the UNIX Admin Jobs?

Greetings.... I have asked this question before, and gotten the "go to school response" and the "help desk job" response, the problem is, these positions require experience, and I have not found a company willing to hire me. I have complete a Unix Fundamentals course, and I plan to continue my... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlordane
24 Replies

6. Advertise with Us

Windows to Unix Admin

Hi, I'm looking a bit of advice on a job offer I've been made. I'm currently a Microsoft Windows Administrator, with good experience in this and also in Novell. I've just been offered a job to re-train as a UNIX Administrator. I'm not sure whether to take it or not. It's more... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: horhif
4 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Jr UNIX Admin Position

Hello. I have worked in a desktop support role for the past 2 years. I was approached at my place of work and offered a job as a junior Unix administrator. All training would be provided. The only experience I have is what I have read about Unix in my free time. Nothing more. I had a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tentex87
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies
Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)

NAME
Net::Server::Proto::UNIX - Net::Server UNIX protocol. SYNOPSIS
See Net::Server::Proto. DESCRIPTION
Protocol module for Net::Server. This module implements the UNIX SOCK_STREAM socket type. See Net::Server::Proto. Any sockets created during startup will be chown'ed to the user and group specified in the starup arguments. PARAMETERS
The following paramaters may be specified in addition to normal command line parameters for a Net::Server. See Net::Server for more information on reading arguments. unix_type Can be either SOCK_STREAM or SOCK_DGRAM (default is SOCK_STREAM). This can also be passed on the port line (see Net::Server::Proto). However, this method is deprecated. If you want SOCK_STREAM - just use proto UNIX without any other arguments. If you'd like SOCK_DGRAM, use the new proto UNIXDGRAM. METHODS
NS_unix_path/NS_unix_type In addition to the standard NS_ methods of Net::Server::Proto classes, the UNIX types also have legacy calls to NS_unix_path and NS_unix_type. Since version 2.000, NS_unix_path is simply an alias to NS_port. NS_unix_type is now redundant with NS_proto. These methods were missing between version 2.000 and 2.003 but have been returned as legacy bridges. QUICK PARAMETER LIST
Key Value Default # deprecated UNIX socket parameters unix_type (SOCK_STREAM|SOCK_DGRAM) SOCK_STREAM port "filename" undef # more recent usage port "filename / UNIX" port "filename / UNIXDGRAM" LICENCE
Distributed under the same terms as Net::Server perl v5.18.2 2012-06-06 Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)