Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: OpenOffice.org 3.2.1
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) OS X OpenSource RSS OpenOffice.org 3.2.1 Post 302428111 by Linux Bot on Wednesday 9th of June 2010 12:45:08 AM
Old 06-09-2010
CPU & Memory OpenOffice.org 3.2.1

ImageAbout OpenOffice.org
Writer is OpenOffice.org’s word processor: use it for anything from writing a quick letter to producing an entire book with embedded illustrations, cross-references, tables of contents, indexes, bibliographies, etc. Auto-complete, auto-format, and realtime spelling check make light work of the hardest task. Writer is powerful enough to tackle desktop publishing tasks such as creating multi-column newsletters and brochures — the only limit is your imagination.

Use Calc to bring your numbers under control. This powerful spreadsheet has all the tools you need to calculate, analyse, summarise, and present your data in numerical reports or sizzling graphics. A fully-integrated help system makes entering complex formulas a breeze. Sophisticated decision-making tools are just a few mouse clicks away. Pull in external data using the Data Pilot, and sort it, filter it, and produce subtotals and statistical analyses. Use previews to select from thirteen categories of 2D and 3D charts including line, area, column, pie, XY, stock, and net with dozens of variants. Many more features.

More from Apple...

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Programming

Building OpenOffice.Org

I downloaded the CVS and followed the instructions at Wiki. I typed ./autogen.sh and got: sh: autom4te: command not found aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 127 What's wrong? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whutes
1 Replies
Excel::Writer::XLSX::Chart::Column(3pm) 		User Contributed Perl Documentation		   Excel::Writer::XLSX::Chart::Column(3pm)

NAME
Column - A class for writing Excel Column charts. SYNOPSIS
To create a simple Excel file with a Column chart using Excel::Writer::XLSX: #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use Excel::Writer::XLSX; my $workbook = Excel::Writer::XLSX->new( 'chart.xlsx' ); my $worksheet = $workbook->add_worksheet(); my $chart = $workbook->add_chart( type => 'column' ); # Configure the chart. $chart->add_series( categories => '=Sheet1!$A$2:$A$7', values => '=Sheet1!$B$2:$B$7', ); # Add the worksheet data the chart refers to. my $data = [ [ 'Category', 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ], [ 'Value', 1, 4, 5, 2, 1, 5 ], ]; $worksheet->write( 'A1', $data ); __END__ DESCRIPTION
This module implements Column charts for Excel::Writer::XLSX. The chart object is created via the Workbook "add_chart()" method: my $chart = $workbook->add_chart( type => 'column' ); Once the object is created it can be configured via the following methods that are common to all chart classes: $chart->add_series(); $chart->set_x_axis(); $chart->set_y_axis(); $chart->set_title(); These methods are explained in detail in Excel::Writer::XLSX::Chart. Class specific methods or settings, if any, are explained below. Column Chart Methods The "Column" chart module also supports the following sub-types: stacked percent_stacked These can be specified at creation time via the "add_chart()" Worksheet method: my $chart = $workbook->add_chart( type => 'column', subtype => 'stacked' ); EXAMPLE
Here is a complete example that demonstrates most of the available features when creating a chart. #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use Excel::Writer::XLSX; my $workbook = Excel::Writer::XLSX->new( 'chart_column.xlsx' ); my $worksheet = $workbook->add_worksheet(); my $bold = $workbook->add_format( bold => 1 ); # Add the worksheet data that the charts will refer to. my $headings = [ 'Number', 'Batch 1', 'Batch 2' ]; my $data = [ [ 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ], [ 10, 40, 50, 20, 10, 50 ], [ 30, 60, 70, 50, 40, 30 ], ]; $worksheet->write( 'A1', $headings, $bold ); $worksheet->write( 'A2', $data ); # Create a new chart object. In this case an embedded chart. my $chart = $workbook->add_chart( type => 'column', embedded => 1 ); # Configure the first series. $chart->add_series( name => '=Sheet1!$B$1', categories => '=Sheet1!$A$2:$A$7', values => '=Sheet1!$B$2:$B$7', ); # Configure second series. Note alternative use of array ref to define # ranges: [ $sheetname, $row_start, $row_end, $col_start, $col_end ]. $chart->add_series( name => '=Sheet1!$C$1', categories => [ 'Sheet1', 1, 6, 0, 0 ], values => [ 'Sheet1', 1, 6, 2, 2 ], ); # Add a chart title and some axis labels. $chart->set_title ( name => 'Results of sample analysis' ); $chart->set_x_axis( name => 'Test number' ); $chart->set_y_axis( name => 'Sample length (mm)' ); # Set an Excel chart style. Blue colors with white outline and shadow. $chart->set_style( 11 ); # Insert the chart into the worksheet (with an offset). $worksheet->insert_chart( 'D2', $chart, 25, 10 ); __END__ AUTHOR
John McNamara jmcnamara@cpan.org COPYRIGHT
Copyright MM-MMXII, John McNamara. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software. It may be used, redistributed and/or modified under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2012-04-02 Excel::Writer::XLSX::Chart::Column(3pm)