Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to use one net card of two Post 302428037 by enkei17 on Tuesday 8th of June 2010 03:22:02 PM
Old 06-08-2010
How to use one net card of two

I have two server with 2 net cards each one:
Server 1
A = 100 Mbs
B = 1000Mbs (Gigabit)

Server 2
A = 100 Mbs
B = 1000Mbs (Gigabit)

In A i ' am conected to the public network ( In both servers) and in B i make a point to point lan 1 gigabit of speed. Between the servers

Server 1 Server 2 (Samba)
B--------------------------------B
Patchcord Category 6

I configure samba in one server but when transfer a file i want that only use the gigabit conection is this possible? Smilie

Thank you for your time.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

regarding net

how we can find whether net is connected or diconnected. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
10 Replies

2. HP-UX

how can I determine which NIC card is virtual NIC Card

how can I determine which NIC card is virtual NIC Card which condition can make a decision Does HP UX have Virtual Network Adapter Concept if ,it has where I can Find if I Install Virutal Network Adapter or which command that i can get it or which software can generate thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
2 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Does Red Hat Fedora support Nvidia card 8800GTX and 260 card?

Does Red Hat Fedora support Nvidia card 8800GTX and 260 card? Does any Linux OS support Nvidia card? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sito
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SSLeay or Net::FTPSSL

Hello, I ran into an issue in one of my monitoring scripts. If I use the public ip address in my connection string everything works, but if I switch the connection string ip to 127.0.0.1 or the internal ip I get, " Connection refused at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Styles
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

net card losing config

hey all, i have a computer with unix.... and i have an hme0 net card on it i configured it to have an ip address in a local network with ifconfig and i also went into inet folder to config it there.... my problem is every time i reboot my machine the config is lost and i have to config it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shwinky
4 Replies

6. Solaris

net card coming up in down state

hey all, everytime i reset my computer my hme0 net card comes up with a down state, and i have to run ifconfig hme0 up command. help? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shwinky
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Problem to detect a net card

People i install a solaris 9 in a sparc platform this is the 3 time that i install it on this machine, the problem now is that when i do a ifconfig -a i only see the loop conection and no the hme0, i don`t remember if during the installation i set the option not networked. Any ideas? how to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
6 Replies
Net::Server::MultiType(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Net::Server::MultiType(3)

NAME
Net::Server::MultiType - Net::Server personality SYNOPSIS
use base qw(Net::Server::MultiType); sub process_request { #...code... } my @types = qw(PreFork Fork Single); Net::Server::MultiType->run(server_type => @types); DESCRIPTION
Please read the pod on Net::Server first. This module is a personality, or extension, or sub class, of the Net::Server module. This personality is intended to allow for easy use of multiple Net::Server personalities. Given a list of server types, Net::Server::MultiType will require one at a time until it finds one that is installed on the system. It then adds that package to its @ISA, thus inheriting the methods of that personality. ARGUMENTS
In addition to the command line arguments of the Net::Server base class, Net::Server::MultiType contains one other configurable parameter. Key Value Default server_type 'server_type' 'Single' server_type May be called many times to build up an array or possible server_types. At execution, Net::Server::MultiType will find the first available one and then inherit the methods of that personality CONFIGURATION FILE
"Net::Server::MultiType" allows for the use of a configuration file to read in server parameters. The format of this conf file is simple key value pairs. Comments and white space are ignored. #-------------- file test.conf -------------- ### multi type info ### try PreFork first, then go to Single server_type PreFork server_type Single ### server information min_servers 20 max_servers 80 spare_servers 10 max_requests 1000 ### user and group to become user somebody group everybody ### logging ? log_file /var/log/server.log log_level 3 pid_file /tmp/server.pid ### access control allow .+.(net|com) allow domain.com deny a.+ ### background the process? background 1 ### ports to bind host 127.0.0.1 port localhost:20204 port 20205 ### reverse lookups ? # reverse_lookups on #-------------- file test.conf -------------- PROCESS FLOW
See Net::Server HOOKS
There are no additional hooks in Net::Server::MultiType. TO DO
See Net::Server AUTHOR
Paul T. Seamons paul@seamons.com SEE ALSO
Please see also Net::Server::Fork, Net::Server::INET, Net::Server::PreFork, Net::Server::MultiType, Net::Server::Single perl v5.18.2 2012-06-05 Net::Server::MultiType(3)