Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: GCC for X86 on SOL 10
Operating Systems Solaris GCC for X86 on SOL 10 Post 302427935 by jlliagre on Tuesday 8th of June 2010 10:15:06 AM
Old 06-08-2010
Why aren't you simply using Solaris bundled gcc (/usr/sfw/bin/gcc) ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dual boot x86 Sol 10, and Linux

I've loaded sol 10, and I left 20 Gig of 70 free, I can't seem to find a straight forward proc. for loading the Linux RH. Does anyone have one, or can they point me to one ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdel80
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel parameter in SOL

Hello everbody: I have Sol9, and I need to check its kernekl parameters, do you know how to list them or in which file they can be found. Thanks in Advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aladdin
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sol 10 Sendmail issue

We have a Spark Solaris 10 box running behind a Pix 501 firewall, we are running NAT and I have mapped access to it from the outside world. Anyway, we can receive mail no problem just can't send. I receive this message bounce: The original message was received at Thu, 10 Jan 2008 17:04:29 -0600... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varlania
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Need help with mail service on Sol 10

Hello All: I am trying to configure mail service on Solaris 10 and I am unable to send using mailx. It appears the server may not be listening on port 25: bash-3.00# mconnect connecting to host localhost (127.0.0.1), port 25 connect: Connection refused services is configured to use port... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoo5091
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

luupgrade: Sol 8 -> Sol 10 u7 (5/09)

Greetings Forumers! I ran into an issue after running luupgrade on v880 running Solaris 8. I want to upgrade to Solaris 10. When I rebooted the system I noticed the file systems listed as such: # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Can't boot from burned Sol 10 x86 DVD

Hi all- I am trying to boot from a Solaris 10 DVD which I burned from the ISO I d/l from Sun(Oracle). I checked the byte counts of the image on Sun's website and my system and they are the same. I and using cdrecord from Schilly and burning the DVD like so: cdrecord -v dev=0,0,0 -dao... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Sol 11 express X86:Dual monitor config,max resolution

Hello! I have some X86 desktop computer with G45 embedded dual-head video. Two monitors can be configured, but with "small" problem: the summ of dimensions in any direction (vert or horis) can't exceed 1680 pix- max sizeof virtual screen area. Attempts to edit "videoram" parameter in xorg.conf... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: urry_buh
0 Replies

9. Solaris

JASS - upgrading from Sol 9 to Sol 10

Do I need to reinstall/rerun JASS after upgrading from Sol9 to Sol10? Just wondered if the upgrade procedure overwrote any of the settings etc? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Usbcopy fails with the error message sol-11_1-live-x86.usb is not a multiple of 512

I am trying to create a live image of solaris 11.1. I have used #pkg image-update to upgrade from 11 to 11.1 already. (since only 11.1 can make images of 11.1 due to using new grub) then from within 11.1 I used pkg install install distribution-constructor to get latest usbcopy that should be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: taltamir
1 Replies
HARDENED-CC(1)							 Debian GNU/Linux						    HARDENED-CC(1)

NAME
hardened-cc - gcc wrapper to enforce hardening toolchain improvements SYNOPSIS
export DEB_BUILD_HARDENING=1 gcc ... DESCRIPTION
The hardened-cc wrapper is normally used by calling gcc as usual when DEB_BUILD_HARDENING is set to 1. It will configure the necessary toolchain hardening features. By default, all features are enabled. If a given feature does not work correctly and needs to be disabled, the corresponding environment variables mentioned below can be set to 0. ENVIRONMENT
DEB_BUILD_HARDENING=1 Enable hardening features. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_DEBUG=1 Print the full resulting gcc command line to STDERR before calling gcc. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_STACKPROTECTOR=0 Disable stack overflow protection. See README.Debian for details. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_RELRO=0 Disable read-only linker sections. See README.Debian for details. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_FORTIFY=0 Don't fortify several standard functions. See README.Debian for details. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_PIE=0 Don't build position independent executables. See README.Debian for details. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_FORMAT=0 Disable unsafe format string usage errors. See README.Debian for details. NOTES
System-wide settings can be added to /etc/hardening-wrapper.conf, one per line. The real gcc symlinks are renamed gcc.real, and a diversion is registered with dpkg-divert(1). Thus hardened-cc's idea of the default gcc is dictated by whatever package installed /usr/bin/gcc. SEE ALSO
hardened-ld(1) gcc(1) Debian Project 2008-01-08 HARDENED-CC(1)