Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extract value from a text
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract value from a text Post 302427924 by marimovo on Tuesday 8th of June 2010 09:33:31 AM
Old 06-08-2010
Thank you guys, a very good lesson! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

extract text b/w two delimiters

I have an input file which looks like " @$SCRIPT/atp_asrmt_adj.sql $SCRIPT/dba2000.scr -s / @$SCRIPT/cim1005w.pls $SCRIPT/dba2000.scr -s / @$SCRIPT/cim1006w.pls start $SCRIPT/cim1020d.sql;^M spool $DATA/cim1021m.sql @$DATA/cim1021m.sql ! rm $DATA/cim1021m.sql spool $DATA/cim1021m.sql... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dowsed4u8
6 Replies

2. Programming

c program to extract text between two delimiters from some text file

needa c program to extract text between two delimiters from some text file. and then storing them in to diffrent variables ? text file like 0: abc.txt ========= aaaaaa|11111111|sssssssssss|333333|ddddddddd|34343454564|asass aaaaaa|11111111|sssssssssss|333333|ddddddddd|34343454564|asass... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kukretiabhi13
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract particular text

I executed a following sed command => echo "a/b/c/d/e/f/g/h" | sed 's/\/*$//g' a/b/c/d/e/f/g Now what if I want to extract "g" from "a/b/c/d/e/f/g/h" . That is second last string using SED. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shell_Learner
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract text from a file

I have been reading several posts regarding how to extract text from a file, but none of those have helped me for what I need. This is my problem: I need to extract the text after my pattern So my line is: 485.74 6589.5 Log likelihood: 1485.79 My pattern is 'Log likelihood:' and I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: loperam
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Extract text between two strings?

Hi, I want to extract some text between two strings in a line i am using following command i.e; awk '/-string1/,/-string2/' filename contents of file is--- line1 line2 aaa -bbb -ccc -string1 c,d,e -string2 line4 but it is showing complete line which is having searched strings. aaa... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: emresearch
19 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract text between two strings

Hi I have something like this: EXAMPLE 1 CREATE UNIQUE INDEX "STRING_1"."STRING_2" ON "BOSNI_CAB_EVENTO" ("CD_EVENTO" , "CD_EJECUCION" ) PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 5242880 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1 BUFFER_POOL DEFAULT) TABLESPACE "DB1000_INDICES_512K"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrispaz81
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract text from string

Dear community, I know, this is very stupid question, but I'm scratching my head to find a solution. I have a variable like this: var=" INFO : ABCDEFG"Now I need to remove the leading spaces and output the result like: echo "FIELD1 ; FIELD2 ; $RESULT ; FIELD4" ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a block of text

Hello all, I am working on a script which should parse a large file called input.txt which contains table definitions, index definitions and comments like these ones: ------------------------------------------------ -- DDL Statements for table "CMWSYS"."CMWD_TEC_SUIVI_TRT"... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiki_riki_miki
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract text between two strings

Hi, I have a text like these: ECHO "BEGGINING THE SHELL....." MV FILE1 > FILE2 UNIQ_ID=${1} PARTITION_1=`${PL}/Q${CON}.KSH "SELECT ....." PARTITION_2=`${PL}/Q${CON}.KSH "SELECT ........" ${PL}/Q${CON}.KSH "CREATE ...." IF .... ....... I would like to extract only text that only... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mierdatuti
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract pattern from text

Hi all, I got a txt here and I need to extract all D 8888 44 and D 8888 43 + next field =",g("en")];f._sn&&(f._sn= "og."+f._sn);for(var n in f)l.push("&"),l.push(g(n)),l.push("="),l.push(g(f));l.push("&emsg=");l.push(g(d.name+":"+d.message));var m=l.join("");Ea(m)&&(m=m.substr(0,2E3));c=m;var... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
5 Replies
STR_WORD_COUNT(3)							 1							 STR_WORD_COUNT(3)

str_word_count - Return information about words used in a string

SYNOPSIS
mixed str_word_count (string $string, [int $format], [string $charlist]) DESCRIPTION
Counts the number of words inside $string. If the optional $format is not specified, then the return value will be an integer representing the number of words found. In the event the $format is specified, the return value will be an array, content of which is dependent on the $format. The possible value for the $format and the resultant outputs are listed below. For the purpose of this function, 'word' is defined as a locale dependent string containing alphabetic characters, which also may contain, but not start with "'" and "-" characters. PARAMETERS
o $string - The string o $format - Specify the return value of this function. The current supported values are: o 0 - returns the number of words found o 1 - returns an array containing all the words found inside the $string o 2 - returns an associative array, where the key is the numeric position of the word inside the $string and the value is the actual word itself o $charlist - A list of additional characters which will be considered as 'word' RETURN VALUES
Returns an array or an integer, depending on the $format chosen. CHANGELOG
+--------+--------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+--------------------------------+ | 5.1.0 | | | | | | | Added the $charlist parameter | | | | +--------+--------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 A str_word_count(3) example <?php $str = "Hello fri3nd, you're looking good today!"; print_r(str_word_count($str, 1)); print_r(str_word_count($str, 2)); print_r(str_word_count($str, 1, 'aaac3')); echo str_word_count($str); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => Hello [1] => fri [2] => nd [3] => you're [4] => looking [5] => good [6] => today ) Array ( [0] => Hello [6] => fri [10] => nd [14] => you're [29] => looking [46] => good [51] => today ) Array ( [0] => Hello [1] => fri3nd [2] => you're [3] => looking [4] => good [5] => today ) 7 SEE ALSO
explode(3), preg_split(3), split(3), count_chars(3), substr_count(3). PHP Documentation Group STR_WORD_COUNT(3)