Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming calling pthread_self (on ubuntu), expensive? Post 302427721 by bigearsbilly on Monday 7th of June 2010 03:47:31 PM
Old 06-07-2010
I can't think of a good reason to call pthread_self a lot.
why?
I doubt it's atomic, why should it need to be, it's unique to the thread.
it's only used for detaching or scheduling.
i would start detached if need be. scheduling I haven't tried.
"keep it simple".

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Which is more expensive ?

I have the following code snippet's. Which one among these would be more expensive ? #1 for (int fd = 0; fd <= 1024; ++fd) close(fd); #2 for (int fd = 0; fd <= 1024; fd += 8) { close(fd); close(fd+1); close(fd+2);... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Ubuntu / Ubuntu File Manager / Config

I am using Ubuntu 9.10 with Gnome 2.28. I use the default Nautilus File Manager to view / manage files. Is there a way to add icons or customize the icons that are above the location bar and below the menus? There is a bar that has icons for "Back" "Forward" "Parent" above the location bar. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: drewk
6 Replies

4. Ubuntu

[UBUNTU] mount.nfs fails in Ubuntu / Works on Red Hat!!!

Gurus, I want log in locally to my Lucid (10.04) workstation and have my code saved over the network on my samba account At work, all developers have samba user ids and when we were running Red Hat, we went thru the following procedure to get setup. * open a shell session to NFS server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Very Expensive Running Shoes

You really should not need one third of the entire US budget to buy a pair of running shoes... even if they are name brand. What have these guys been smoking? It reminds me of the old joke... Customer: At those prices you aren't going to sell many shoes. Salesman: Ah, but all we need to do is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
4 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Re-install Ubuntu 14.04 from system with Ubuntu on it

I need to re-install ubuntu on a system with ubuntu 14.04 already installed. I have the cd but can not seem to boot from it or find the installer. Is there a way to re-install from the command line or how do I do a fresh re-install? Thank you :) ---------- Post updated at 10:13 AM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
pthread_setschedprio(3T)												  pthread_setschedprio(3T)

NAME
pthread_setschedprio() - sets scheduling priority of a thread SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
thread The thread whose scheduling priority is to be set. prio The new priority for the thread. DESCRIPTION
The function sets the scheduling priority of thread to the value prio. If the function fails, the scheduling priority of the target thread is not changed. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: The value of prio is invalid for the scheduling policy of the specified thread. The implementation does not allow the application to modify the priority to the value specified. No thread could be found corresponding to thread. AUTHOR
is derived from the IEEE Std 1003.1-2001. SEE ALSO
rtsched(2), pthread_attr_setschedparam(3T), pthread_attr_setschedpolicy(3T), pthread_attr_getschedparam(3T), pthread_attr_getschedpol- icy(3T), pthread_setschedparam(3T), pthread_getschedparam(3T). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_setschedprio(3T)