Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Symbolic Link Help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Symbolic Link Help Post 302427697 by LAVco on Monday 7th of June 2010 02:31:28 PM
Old 06-07-2010
Symbolic Link Help

Hello All,

This may be a silly question to some but I am really stuck.

Is there a way to reverse the following;

Code:
sudo rm /bin/sh
sudo ln -s /bin/bash /bin/sh

It was part of a driver compile/installation procedure by Digi for Ubuntu stating that dash isn't supported and a symbolic link to bash is needed. Now my bash scripts don't seem to be working correctly.

Please advise if this should be posted elsewhere.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited by Scott; 06-07-2010 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: Code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

1 symbolic link to 2 different places?

I was wondering is it possible todo something like following: A) Settings:- - 2 servers on the network - both can be reached via /net/SERVER1/datadir and /net/SERVER2/datadir - i'm running rsync to syncronize the data coming to server1 from whatever application B) Wanted: on other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashar
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

symbolic Link

question abt symbolic link ... i'm doing the following ... ln -s x.sh ./scripts/y.sh and cat ./scripts/y.sh it is giving following error cat: cannot open y.sh Any reason u an think of ? But it is working fine when i goto scripts directory and cretae the symbolic link. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhargav
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Symbolic Link Confusion

I have just tried to make my first shortcut aka symbolic link. I entered this command: ln -s /one/two/three/four/help/admin admindirectory to make a link called 'admindirectory' that would take me to: /one/two/three/four/help/admin It seems to have created a directory called... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need some info about symbolic link and hard link

hello folks how y'all doin well i have some questions about symbolic link and hard link hope some one answer me i open terminal and join as root and i wrote ln -s blah blah then i wrote ls i see red file called blah blah but didn't understand what is this can some one explain and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: detective linux
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

symbolic link

Hi, i am trying to create sym links on sles 11 , but it seems i am doing something wrong. oracle@tests:/u01/app/oracle/oradata/ACIS> pwd /u01/app/oracle/oradata/ACIS oracle@tests:/u01/app/oracle/oradata/ACIS> ln -s /db/ACIS/dbase/dbf/ /u01/app/oracle/oradata/ACIS/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls on a symbolic link

Hi all, Can anyone please confirm if the command below is the only way that I can get what the symbolic link is set to? mnlxd110(oracle)/db/posd2/dba$: ls -l | grep "^l" lrwxrwxrwx 1 oracle dba 28 Aug 9 2011 bdump -> diag/rdbms/posp1/posp1/trace mnlxd110(oracle)/db/posd2/dba$:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Symbolic link not allowed or link target not accessible

Hi everybody, I read about treads realted to this issue but they did not resovle issue given below. Please help me resolve issue given below I have html file under /srv/www/htdocs/actual_folder ls actual_folder/ test.html and following link works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbielgn
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all symbolic link?

how to list all symbolic link can i use find / path -type l (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avtalan
1 Replies

9. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

How to list all symbolic link?

how to list all symbolic link, can i use find / path -type l (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avtalan
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Symbolic link

Hi, trying to understand more about symblic link, when I compiled a program called "match" in one folder ~/downloadsoftware/I want this program to be accessible like a system command by putting a symbolic link in /usr/bin/ Not by setting the $PATH method in .bashrc at this time. What I did is:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
4 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)