Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Connecting to Unix server through Oracle Post 302427688 by curleb on Monday 7th of June 2010 01:48:40 PM
Old 06-07-2010
let's begin at the beginning:

0) Version of Oracle and Platform it's running on?

1) How is the Oracle session itself being launched/spawned/instantiated?

2) Is the Oracle instance/session being run from the same machine as your intended script is sitting on...?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connecting to Oracle through unix shell scripts

Hi, Can some one help me in connecting to oracle through unix shell scripts with examples. Regards Narayana Gupta (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guptan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to samba server from unix command line

Hi, I am trying to connect to a samba server from my unix command line. I am using Ubuntu and I can access the server from the GUI, but I need to write a script to automate a backup. Does anyone know how to do a cd into a smb drive from the unix command line? Thanks, Eric (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejbrever
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connecting UNIX/Linux to NTP server

Hello i want to connect my solaris & Linux boxes to ntp server i used the command /usr/sbin/ntpdate -s -b -p 8 -u <NTP-IP> and added the NTP server as server in /etc/ntp.conf please help in completing the process and verifying it (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learn82
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to remote unix server using java?

I need help writing java code that can connect to a remote unix server, and run a script on that server. I have scoured the internet, but I have been unable to find proper documentation on how this can be accomplished. Any help is appreciated thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: developncode
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to UNIX server

Hi, My knowledge bucket of UNIX is almost empty. I have developed an application in EXCEL which can create XML files (Metadata) from Binaries. These binaries are stored in UNIX server on regular intervals. Currently I am transferring all binaries(GBs of files) to WINDOWS using WINSCP and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobs
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Doubt in Oracle connecting unix - Very urgent

I am using a oracle query from unix.. flag=`sqlplus -s <<EOF SELECT 'Y' FROM table_name WHERE cond1 = '${table_name}' AND DECODE('${var_a}','''NA''',own,'${var_b0}')= own exception when no_data_found then dbms_output.put_line(NVL(l_owner_flag,'X')); end; EOF` Its not validating the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivakumar.rj
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Oracle by using ODBC on UNIX

Hi All, I have a requirement where I need to connect to Oracle database which is installed on WINDOWS machine. I dont have Oracle client installed on my AIX so i can't use SQLPLUS command. But ODBC to connect to Oracle is configured on my UNIX server. Can any one help me with the steps of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raamc
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to multiple unix server from unix server using shell script

Hi Gurus, I'm a unix newbie and I would like to connect to multiple unix servers from unix server using shell script i.e from server a to server b,c,d etc. I want to copy the files from unix server a to server b, c, d. I can access staright using ssh without the need to have password and user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sexyTrojan
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need Connecting to Oracle DB from Unix

I have a table called CLARIFICATION in one of my schema in Oracle Data Base. I have to connect to oracle Data Base from Unix and compare the one of the column(Exec_Date) in CLARIFICATION table with Sysdate.If Exec_Date = Sysdate go head and run rest of the script otherwise exit out with out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeru
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Windows server from UNIX through script

I am trying to connect to a Windows server say 10.1.1.10. This servers has a folder named RAJ in which there are multiple .zip files. All these zip files contain a text file called XYZ.txt. Now i have to merge the content of these XYZ.txt files from each of the .zip file and create a new text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swapniljadav
1 Replies
OCI_SET_ACTION(3)														 OCI_SET_ACTION(3)

oci_set_action - Sets the action name

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_set_action (resource $connection, string $action_name) DESCRIPTION
Sets the action name for Oracle tracing. The action name is registered with the database when the next 'roundtrip' from PHP to the database occurs, typically when an SQL statement is executed. The action name can subsequently be queried from database administration views such as V$SESSION. It can be used for tracing and monitor- ing such as with V$SQLAREA and DBMS_MONITOR.SERV_MOD_ACT_STAT_ENABLE. The value may be retained across persistent connections. PARAMETERS
o $connection -An Oracle connection identifier, returned by oci_connect(3), oci_pconnect(3), or oci_new_connect(3). o $action_name - User chosen string up to 32 bytes long. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Setting the action <?php $c = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); // Record the action oci_set_action($c, 'Friend Lookup'); // Code that causes a roundtrip, for example a query: $s = oci_parse($c, 'select * from dual'); oci_execute($s); oci_fetch_all($s, $res); sleep(30); ?> // While the script is running, the administrator can see the actions // being performed: sqlplus system/welcome SQL> select action from v$session; NOTES
Note Oracle version requirement This function is available when PHP is linked with Oracle Database libraries from version 10 g onwards. Tip Performance With older versions of OCI8 or the Oracle Database, the client information can be set using the Oracle DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO pack- age. This is less efficient than using oci_set_client_info(3). Caution Roundtrip Gotcha Some but not all OCI8 functions cause roundtrips. Roundtrips to the database may not occur with queries when result caching is enabled. SEE ALSO
oci_set_module_name(3), oci_set_client_info(3), oci_set_client_identifier(3). PHP Documentation Group OCI_SET_ACTION(3)