Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Testing for O_DIRECT support
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Testing for O_DIRECT support Post 302427686 by brsett on Monday 7th of June 2010 01:35:18 PM
Old 06-07-2010
Testing for O_DIRECT support

Is there some was to test if opening with the O_DIRECT flag will work (without writing a C program)?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

testing

what does one mean in the context of testing... UNIT TESTING & INITIAL LEVEL OF MENU TESTING (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: areef4u
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

testing

what is the difference between white box and black box testing? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: areef4u
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

testing

first time use (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lcharles
0 Replies

4. Programming

Writing files using O_DIRECT in C

I am trying to write .pgm images using the O_DIRECT flag in open(). I have a char* buffer which has the image data. I know that I have to align the buffers and have done that using posix_memalign() yet only a part of the image gets written. Has someone used O_DIRECT for writing files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anchit87
3 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

What is the difference between o_direct and DAX with ext4 filesystem?

I'm trying to understand the difference between o_direct flag of open system call and dax (direct access) with ext4 filesystem. According to my understanding both bypass page cache. But I'm still unclear about the crucial difference between these 2 techniques. If there is a huge difference... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BHASKAR JUPUDI
1 Replies
DH_AUTO_TEST(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_AUTO_TEST(1)

NAME
       dh_auto_test - automatically runs a package's test suites

SYNOPSIS
       dh_auto_test [buildsystemoptions] [debhelperoptions] [--params]

DESCRIPTION
       dh_auto_test is a debhelper program that tries to automatically run a package's test suite. It does so by running the appropriate command
       for the build system it detects the package uses. For example, if there's a Makefile and it contains a test or check target, then this is
       done by running make (or MAKE, if the environment variable is set). If the test suite fails, the command will exit nonzero. If there's no
       test suite, it will exit zero without doing anything.

This is intended to work for about 90% of packages with a test suite. If it doesn't work, you're encouraged to skip using dh_auto_test at
       all, and just run the test suite manually.

OPTIONS
       See "BUILD SYSTEM OPTIONS" in debhelper(7) for a list of common build system selection and control options.

-- params
	   Pass params to the program that is run, after the parameters that dh_auto_test usually passes.

NOTES
       If the DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS environment variable contains nocheck, no tests will be performed.

SEE ALSO
       debhelper(7)

This program is a part of debhelper.

AUTHOR
       Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>

11.1.6ubuntu2							    2018-05-10							   DH_AUTO_TEST(1)