Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Unable to run a simple threaded program on AIX Post 302427601 by bakunin on Monday 7th of June 2010 07:56:16 AM
Old 06-07-2010
Your problem might stem from different sources:

- maybe your environment is wrong. What is
Code:
echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

showing?

-maybe the necessary library is not installed. What is the output of
Code:
lslpp -h bos.rte.lipthreads

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

QUESTION...simple program?

I am new to the unix/linux environment. AND........ I need to create a mini shell..that displays prompt (i.e., READY:$), accepts a command from std-in, and prints the command and any parameters passed to it. HELP!!!! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jj1814
8 Replies

2. AIX

multi threaded program is hanging

I have a Multithreaded program which is hanging on AIX. OS Version: AIX 5.2 and thread library version : 5.2.0.75 We Initiate the process with 50 threads..when we are disconnecting from the process it hangs.There is lots of other stuff involved here.I am just sending the piece of the problem with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hikrishn
0 Replies

3. Programming

AIX 5.3 64-bit program crashes with AIX 5.1

I have an AIX 64-bit program which uses following from AIX5.3 /usr/lib/libc.a(shr_64.o) /usr/lib/libpthread.a(shr_xpg5_64.o) /home/jeet_xp/export/power/usr/lib/libsarpc.a(shr.o) /unix /usr/lib/libcrypt.a(shr_64.o) /usr/lib/libc_r.a(shr_64.o) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeet_xp
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to run program, Permission denied

Hi All, I am working on Solaris Sparc 9 and I developed application and in that I want to open any file when any action is happened but when I am trying to do the same.I am getting the error -- "Error launching /test.txt", "", "Process.execAndWait", "java.io.IOException: Cannot run... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
0 Replies

5. Programming

Xlib simple program.

I don't know if it is right to ask you this. Can someone help me write a simple Xlib program,with button on it,and all that button do is switch 2 messages. I have tried and tried,but never get past Hello World. Can someone help me please? ---------- Post updated at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: megane16v
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple program help required

The circumfrence of a circle is #!/usr/bin/perl print 2 * 3.141592654 * 12.50 \n"; # pi= 3.141592654 # r= 12.50 I need a simple program showing me all the steps..to modify the above to prompt for and accept a radius from the person running the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Q2wert
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed to run simple java program in linux

Hi guys , This is the first time i m running java application inside linux. i have installed jdk-6u20-linux-i586-rpm.bin jre-6u20-linux-i586-rpm.bin in my linux machine. and set JAVA_HOME and JRE_HOME variables respectively. # echo $JAVA_HOME /usr/java/jdk1.6.0_20/ # echo $JRE_HOME... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
6 Replies

8. Programming

Can someone compile and run a program on AIX 6.1 please?

Hi, I have a program which collects performance data from AIX. It works fine on older releases (< 5.3) but I fail to get data from /proc. I would really appreciate it if someone could compile (using ANSI compat C compiler), run the program (for 30-40 minutes) on AIX 6.1 and send me the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: StuBob
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with simple program. (beginner)

Hey all, Writing a program that searches for a username and if they are online creates a 'beep' and sends the username and date to a log file. the error i am getting is: paul.obrien16@aisling:~/os$ bash checklogin : command not found Enter username paul.obrien16 ': not a valid... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sexyladywall
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to run Sed in AIX

Hi All, I've wrote a script to truncate newline characters in a text file. Could you please help me in figuring out the issue :confused: for file in $Filelist; do echo $file; FileName=`basename $file`; sed 's/^M//g' $file> "${file}"2; mv "${file}"2 "${file}"; sed '1d' "${file}"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: udayakumar
5 Replies
ERR_GET_LIB(3)							      OpenSSL							    ERR_GET_LIB(3)

NAME
ERR_GET_LIB, ERR_GET_FUNC, ERR_GET_REASON - get library, function and reason code LIBRARY
libcrypto, -lcrypto SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/err.h> int ERR_GET_LIB(unsigned long e); int ERR_GET_FUNC(unsigned long e); int ERR_GET_REASON(unsigned long e); DESCRIPTION
The error code returned by ERR_get_error() consists of a library number, function code and reason code. ERR_GET_LIB(), ERR_GET_FUNC() and ERR_GET_REASON() can be used to extract these. The library number and function code describe where the error occurred, the reason code is the information about what went wrong. Each sub-library of OpenSSL has a unique library number; function and reason codes are unique within each sub-library. Note that different libraries may use the same value to signal different functions and reasons. ERR_R_... reason codes such as ERR_R_MALLOC_FAILURE are globally unique. However, when checking for sub-library specific reason codes, be sure to also compare the library number. ERR_GET_LIB(), ERR_GET_FUNC() and ERR_GET_REASON() are macros. RETURN VALUES
The library number, function code and reason code respectively. SEE ALSO
openssl_err(3), ERR_get_error(3) HISTORY
ERR_GET_LIB(), ERR_GET_FUNC() and ERR_GET_REASON() are available in all versions of SSLeay and OpenSSL. 1.0.1i 2009-07-20 ERR_GET_LIB(3)