Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to process list of files as array in the script Post 302427583 by Scott on Monday 7th of June 2010 06:37:31 AM
Old 06-07-2010
Hi.

set -A is a KSH option.

You can try:
Code:
filearray=($file_list)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to process the files using .tar.gz files in script

Hi, I have some file in /users/xyz directoty with .tar.gz extension. i need to find these files and if found in need to run other commands. I now the command for finding files,but how to put if condition ?please help me Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmkreddy
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for array in large list of files

I tried to make the title/subject detailed, but well.. have to keep it short as well. I am wanting to take a large list of strings, and search through a large list of files to hopefully find numerous matches. I am not sure the quickest way to do this though. // List of files file1.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rhije
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need a script to find socials in files and output a list of those files

I am trying to find socail security numbers in files in (and under) a specific directory and output a list of the files where they are found... the format would be with no dashes just 9 numeric characters in a row. I have tried this: find /DirToLookIn -exec grep '\{9\}' /dev/null {} \; >>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisAdmin
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get list of user into an array in perl script

Hi, cut -d: -f1,3 /etc/group >rpt.out I have a doubt in perl. right i am getting list of group user id into rpt.out file. instead i need to store it as an array in perl script. could you please tell me how can i get list of user into an array in perl script.. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solo123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to process select list of files and output to the same file?

Hi, I've a list of files ac_info.tps, subscription_array.tps, .......and many other files one of the file, bin_range_list.tps has the following content CREATE OR REPLACE TYPE "BIN_RANGE_LIST" AS TABLE OF BIN_RANGE_ELEM; / grant execute on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to verify that a value is present in an array (list)

I have 2 files , i need compare both files field by field, and in the fourth field some value will be interchaged and some value will be **. ex: file1 john|0.0|4|**:25;JP:50;UY:25 file2 john|0.0|4|JP:50;**:25;UY:25 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeruasu
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process a specific number of files ina list

Hello, I have a list of files that was created with, FILES='./'$FOLD'/'$FOLD'_continue/'$OPTIMIZE_ON'/'*'out.txt' I am doing a loop on this list for INPUT in $FILES do ... done but I may not want to process everything. Is there a simple way to just process the first 5,10,n, etc in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Populating a BASH array with a list of files including spaces-in-the-name

For the record, I already tried telling mgmt and the users to disallow spaces in filenames for this script, but it isn't happening for a number of ID10T-error-based reasons. I have simple list of 3 files in a directory that are named like this: bash-3.2$ ls -1 file* file1 file1 part2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split list of files into an array and pass to function

There are two parts to this. In the first part I need to read a list of files from a directory and split it into 4 arrays. I have done that with the following code, # collect list of file names STATS_INPUT_FILENAMES=($(ls './'$SET'/'$FOLD'/'*'in.txt')) # get number of files... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to process a list of items and uncomment lines with that item in a second file

Hello, I have a src code file where I need to uncomment many lines. The lines I need to uncomment look like, C CALL l_r(DESNAME,DESOUT, 'Gmax', ESH(10), NO_APP, JJ) The comment is the "C" in the first column. This needs to be deleted so that there are 6 spaces preceding "CALL".... (7 Replies)
7 Replies