Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Creating graphs
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating graphs Post 302427458 by frustrated1 on Sunday 6th of June 2010 07:35:36 AM
Old 06-06-2010
Thanks

any chance you can post example of data file you had and commands you used with gnuplot to plot the data and get output?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU graphs in unix

Hi, How to get the CPU graphs to see the performance? I use Linux version. I got some commands in the net. xload and xosview. It's mentioned like below: To start xload, simply open an xterminal on the system and type the following: $ xload &Couple of doubts here .. what is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple graphs on same window

Hi All, I have written a script to get live data after 5 minutes from a remote system and then plot the graph using gnuplot.All this has been working correctly with only one problem where i need to pull all these graphs into one page.I am not able to get this working.I tried reading about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pistachio
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Suggestion: visitor graphs

Perhaps we could think of visitor graphs that would give a sense of both the popularity of the forum and - more importantly - the popularity of Linux and the Open Source operating systems movement. Something similar to what sourceforge has done for their projects: SourceForge.net: Project... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

4. Programming

Creating area graphs in jqplot

How can area graphs be created in jqplot? Example can be seen here: dygraphs JavaScript Visualization Library In the example the line graphs and the grid are superimposed on the area graphs. I dont think it is supported out of the box for jqplot. I would normally do this with a double fill: -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

5. Programming

Help with Graphs (BFS mostly)

Okay so I posted a thread about my project before, how I need to create generated word ladders and all that. Now I am to the point where I need to create a method which will find the shortests path between a start word and an end word. For example: startWord: Head endWord: Feet And then a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilvarHawke
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring Graphs using GNUPLOT

Need assistance in getting a monitoring script to create Grpahs Using GNUPLOT using below data. Graph for CPU, MEMORY , NETWORK in png. For memory can we convert the GB TO MB ----system---- ----total-cpu-usage---- ------memory-usage----- -net/total- time |usr sys idl wai hiq... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Do not show graphs cacti

hi installed caci and Snmp connection is established 10.10 (192.168.10.10) SNMP Information System:Hardware: Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6 AT/AT COMPATIBLE - Software: Windows Version 6.1 (Build 7601 Multiprocessor Free) Uptime: 7550665 (0 days,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
2 Replies
EVENT2VRULE(1)						      General Commands Manual						    EVENT2VRULE(1)

NAME
event2vrule - adds 'events' to rrdtool graphs SYNOPSIS
event2vrule <params> DESCRIPTION
Adding Events to Graphs There is a new graphing feature which allows you to specify events that should be displayed in your graphs. These events are simply a list of points in time at which something of interest occurred. For instance, one could create a plain text file in the graphs directory called events.txt containing these lines: 2001/02/10 1538 added support for events to FlowScan graphs 2001/02/12 1601 allowed the events file to be named on make command line Then to generate the graphs with those events included one might run: $ make -f graphs.mf events=events.txt This feature was implemented using a new script called event2vrule that is supplied with FlowScan. This script is meant to be used as a ``wrapper'' for running rrdtool(1), similarly to how one might run nohup(1). E.g.: $ event2vrule -h 48 events.txt rrdtool graph -s -48h ... That command will cause these VRULE arguments to be passed to rrdtool, at the end of the argument list: COMMENT: VRULE:981841080#ff0000:2001/02/10 1538 added support for events to FlowScan graphs COMMENT: VRULE:982015260#ff0000:2001/02/12 1601 allowed the events file to be named on make command line COMMENT: SEE ALSO
add_ds.pl(1), add_txrx(1), flowscan(1), ip2hostname(1), locker(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Anibal Monsalve Salazar, for the Debian Project. EVENT2VRULE(1)