Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Comment entries in the file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comment entries in the file Post 302427379 by sdosanjh on Saturday 5th of June 2010 12:24:36 AM
Old 06-05-2010
Anchal,

Thanks for the reply, but i have near about 200 different patterns.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment text in a file

Hello folks Hope all are fine, I have query need suggestion, if these lines two lines are already commeted no need to do anything, one more thing order of alpha, gama may be different. I have a two lines in a file data.txt %checksum alpha gama beta penta hexa I want to do... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the comment symbol ' from a file.

I want to remove the commented lines in a file identified by ' symbol at the start of each ine. A sample example will be like: Input ----- 'IFerr_flag=0THEN iferr_flag=0then iferr_flag=0then iferr_flag=0then iferr_flag=0then iferr_flag=0then iferr_flag=0then Output -------... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyan321
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Comment in static route file

Hi all, is it possible to add a comment starting with "#" (with vi for example) to the static route file in: /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/route* Are you aware of any problems this can cause after a network restart? Thanks, Evan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Evan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find and comment out lines in one file against another file

I have 2 files: fileA and fileB. content of fileA --------------- admin.teacher is in new york; admin.mason is in new york; admin.driver is in new york city; user.trucker is in hartford; admin.developer is in new york state; content of fileB ---------------- admin.teacher is in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowprofile
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a file with comment in script

Hello, Be indulgent for my english. Can you help me ? function f1 { } egrep -v '^#' list_file \ | while read arg1 arg2 arg3 arg4; do f1 $arg1 $arg2 $arg3 $arg4 done In list_file there is I want to replace list_file by a $var then when i launch the script with a file's... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: amazigh42
13 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comment lines in file without vi editor

Legends, Can you please help me in following. I need to comment lines from “/tmp/a.txt” from the line A to line B through the command prompt only. Please use variables not direct values like 2 or 5 It can be done with VI editor but it's not matches with my requirement (: 2,5 s/^/#/g). ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comment ( -- ) lines from 10 to 25 for every .sql file

Platform : RHEL 5.4 I have several .sql files in a directory. I want to comment lines 10 to 25 for all .sql files. How can I do this ? The symbol for comment in SQL is -- eg: -- select salary from emp where empname = 'URS' ; (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega3
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To comment/uncomment in config file

hi! I want to comment and uncomment 2 lines in my config files that goes like: CONTACT_LIST="abc@xyz.com;" #CONTACT_LIST="def@xyz.com;" I want to sawp the commnets in above lines and desired output should be: #CONTACT_LIST="abc@xyz.com;" CONTACT_LIST="def@xyz.com;" Please suggest. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptNovice
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to comment a specific line of a file?

Hi, I need to comment out (insert # in the front of a line) a line that has entry Defaults requiretty using command-line as I need to do this on hundreds of servers. From Defaults requiretty To #Defaults requiretty I tried something like below but no luck: Please advise,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a comment in a file next to data

Dear Gurus, I have a file which comes every day with set of data, as a part of processing i want to add a comment at the start of every line. e.g of file <PCL> 2E;"HCA";"COP Car A";"ODBS_CFG" 7C;"DD";"Doors Car D";"ODBS_CFG" 3D;"XA";"Auxiliary Car A";"ODBS_CFG" 3E;"XB";"Auxiliary... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
12 Replies