Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Moving data from a specified column/row to another column/row Post 302427375 by clx on Friday 4th of June 2010 11:56:45 PM
Old 06-05-2010
If you talking about matrix, Didn't get your method how you are specifying the element?
which one replaced to which?

If you are talking in terms of rows and column, then also there is a confusion.
Can you please explain more clearly?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move data from Column to Row

Hi all, I have a file with several columns of data, eg: A B C D 1 2 5 1 2 2 2 2 8 4 4 4 4 2 3 4 10 9 4 4 9 7 1 2 I need to get the values from, say, column B and place them into a string separated by a semicolon, eg: 2;2;4;2;9;7 Does... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: danhodges99
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the column for a row in a text file and adding another row

Hi, I want to write a shell script which increments a particular column in a row from a text file and then adds another row below the current row with the incremented value . For Eg . if the input file has a row : abc xyz lmn 89 lm nk o p I would like the script to create something like... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aYankeeFan
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

row to column and position data in to fixed column width

Dear friends, Below is my program and current output. I wish to have 3 or 4 column output in order to accomodate in single page. i do have subsequent command to process after user enter the number. Program COUNT=1 for MYDIR in `ls /` do VOBS=${MYDIR} echo "${COUNT}. ${MYDIR}" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baluchen
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter and migrate data from row to column

Hello Experts, I am new in scripting. I would like to filter and migrate data from row to column by awk. Thanks in advance. For example FileA abc 1 2 3 Xyz3 4 1 5 bcd1 Output : Abc 1 2 3 Xyz3 4 1 5 bcd1 3 5 6 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shah09
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort data from column to row

Hi, I need somebody's help with sorting data with awk. I've got a file: 10 aaa 4584 12 bbb 6138 20 ccc 4417 21 ddd 7796 10 eee 7484 12 fff ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerbee
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtracting each row from the first row in a single column file using awk

Hi Friends, I have a single column data like below. 1 2 3 4 5 I need the output like below. 0 1 2 3 4 where each row (including first row) subtracting from first row and the result should print below like the way shown in output file. Thanks Sid (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk to print first row with forth column and last row with fifth column in each file

file with this content awk 'NR==1 {print $4} && NR==2 {print $5}' file The error is shown with syntax error; what can be done (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Data from Column to Row

Hi FileA.txt E_TIM 16, ETE 15, EOND 26, EEC 81, E_1 un, E_2 un, E_3 un, E_4 284, E_TIM 17, ETE 15, EOND 29, EEC 82, E_1 un, E_2 un, E_3 un, E_4 249, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace First Column and First Row Data

HI Guys, I just want to replace data for First Column and Row Cell(1,1) Input :- Hello A B C X 1 2 3 Y 4 5 6 Z 7 8 9 Output:- Byee A B C X 1 2 3 Y 4 5 6 Z 7 8 9 From Hello to Byee .....And The Each file have Different String. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column to Row Data.

HI Guys, I have below Input :- X L1 5 Y L1 10 Z L1 15 X L2 20 Y L2 12 Z L2 15 X L3 100 Y L3 Z L3 300 Output:- ID L1 L2 L3 X 5 10 15 Y 20 12 15 Z 100 Null 300 (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
11 Replies
CLAQGB(l)								 )								 CLAQGB(l)

NAME
CLAQGB - equilibrate a general M by N band matrix A with KL subdiagonals and KU superdiagonals using the row and scaling factors in the vectors R and C SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE CLAQGB( M, N, KL, KU, AB, LDAB, R, C, ROWCND, COLCND, AMAX, EQUED ) CHARACTER EQUED INTEGER KL, KU, LDAB, M, N REAL AMAX, COLCND, ROWCND REAL C( * ), R( * ) COMPLEX AB( LDAB, * ) PURPOSE
CLAQGB equilibrates a general M by N band matrix A with KL subdiagonals and KU superdiagonals using the row and scaling factors in the vec- tors R and C. ARGUMENTS
M (input) INTEGER The number of rows of the matrix A. M >= 0. N (input) INTEGER The number of columns of the matrix A. N >= 0. KL (input) INTEGER The number of subdiagonals within the band of A. KL >= 0. KU (input) INTEGER The number of superdiagonals within the band of A. KU >= 0. AB (input/output) COMPLEX array, dimension (LDAB,N) On entry, the matrix A in band storage, in rows 1 to KL+KU+1. The j-th column of A is stored in the j-th column of the array AB as follows: AB(ku+1+i-j,j) = A(i,j) for max(1,j-ku)<=i<=min(m,j+kl) On exit, the equilibrated matrix, in the same storage format as A. See EQUED for the form of the equilibrated matrix. LDAB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array AB. LDA >= KL+KU+1. R (output) REAL array, dimension (M) The row scale factors for A. C (output) REAL array, dimension (N) The column scale factors for A. ROWCND (output) REAL Ratio of the smallest R(i) to the largest R(i). COLCND (output) REAL Ratio of the smallest C(i) to the largest C(i). AMAX (input) REAL Absolute value of largest matrix entry. EQUED (output) CHARACTER*1 Specifies the form of equilibration that was done. = 'N': No equilibration = 'R': Row equilibration, i.e., A has been premultiplied by diag(R). = 'C': Column equilibration, i.e., A has been postmulti- plied by diag(C). = 'B': Both row and column equilibration, i.e., A has been replaced by diag(R) * A * diag(C). PARAMETERS
THRESH is a threshold value used to decide if row or column scaling should be done based on the ratio of the row or column scaling factors. If ROWCND < THRESH, row scaling is done, and if COLCND < THRESH, column scaling is done. LARGE and SMALL are threshold values used to decide if row scaling should be done based on the absolute size of the largest matrix element. If AMAX > LARGE or AMAX < SMALL, row scaling is done. LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 CLAQGB(l)