Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with executing a shell script through the cron Post 302427296 by cfajohnson on Friday 4th of June 2010 01:19:44 PM
Old 06-04-2010
That will only work in ksh88 or ksh93; cron jobs are run by /bin/sh unless otherwise specified.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

executing shell script from the cron

This isn't the usual problem that a shell script runs from the command line and not the cron. It's a little different. Among other things, the shell scrip executes my .profile to set a bunch of variables. It then does an env to ensure that it ran OK. There are echos in the shell script and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abNORMal
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with scheduling a shell script on cygwin using cron

Hi, Before I start, I would like to inform that, I went through all FAQs and other threads before posting here. I 'm trying to schedule a shell script on cygwin using cron. No matter what I do I don't seem to get the cron job executing my bash script. My script is temp.sh echo `date` >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
4 Replies

3. AIX

Having problem with executing shell script to get the pid details!

Hello Everyone, I am new to shell scripting and also i am very new to AIX machine I have a question. I have shell script which contains the follwing "ps -e |grep $1 echo $2" i run this schell script by doing this ./startSehllscript 3444 passed with two parameters . Accroiding my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swati
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with executing command inside a cron job

Hi All, I have scheduled a script in cron which writes output to the below file. ....>> /data/Target/wrapper_invoke_ds_job_`date '+%Y%m%d'`.ksh_out 2>&1 But the date command is not getting resolved in the format specified. It just resolves to the following. wrapper_invoke_MQ_ds_job_Tue... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkm_oec
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem Executing Firmware Command using Shell Script

Guys, I have a script that should change one of the configuration Parameter in a http accelerator, this config change which will halt http traffic into device. So I have designed a script which should do these changes. But after executing this script, found that one of the input variable is not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a script from CRON behaves differently than terminal

Hi have a script which transferers from Microsoft server to Linux box. The scripts(ksh) is on Linux box. If I run script from terminal, it transfers files to directory. Where as If I run script from CRON. It does not. Here is the log of both: Terminal execution log:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipeshvshah
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron shell script not executing diskutil command

I'm trying to learn how to use cron for repetative tasks. I have an external disk that needs to be unmounted and remounted every hour due to some problems that a backup utility (specifically, TimeMachine) is having repeatedly accessing the device. I've created a shell script that will find the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: illuminate
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not executing using cron

Hi, I created a script which connects to database and update a table. This script is running fine when i run it manually but when i am trying to execute it scheduling in crontab.script is executing but Data is not getting updated. below is my script sqlplus test/##### >> test_feed.log <<!... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script not executing via cron

Hello All, I'm having an issue getting an expect script to run as a cron job. The script executes fin if I run it from the command line but I get nothing when trying to run it as a cron job. I've researched other forums and threads and there have been references to the environment, or lack... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: KingT617
16 Replies

10. AIX

Script is not executing as expected when I schedule it in cron

Hi, I have a shell script which fetches the MRP status and the LAG status. When I execute it manually like, sh <script_name>, it fetches the output as expected, but when I schedule through crontab, it's not working as expected. Any help would be really appreciated. Here is the code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraj R
3 Replies
MESSAGES(3)						  libbash messages Library Manual					       MESSAGES(3)

NAME
messages -- libbash library that implements a set of functions to print standard status messages SYNOPSIS
printOK [indent] printFAIL [indent] printNA [indent] printATTN [indent] printWAIT [indent] DESCRIPTION
General messages is a collection of functions to print standard status messages - those [ OK ] and [FAIL] messages you see during Linux boot process. The function list: printOK Prints a standard [ OK ] message (green) printFAIL Prints a standard [FAIL] message (red) printNA Prints a standard [ N/A] message (yellow) printATTN Prints a standard [ATTN] message (yellow) printWAIT Prints a standard [WAIT] message (yellow) Detailed interface description follows. indent Column to move to before printing. Default indent is calculated as TTY_WIDTH-10. If current tty width can not be determined (for example, in case of serial console), it defaults to 80, so default indent is 80-10=10 FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
printOK [indent] Prints a standard [ OK ] message (green) printFAIL [indent] Prints a standard [FAIL] message (red) printNA [indent] Prints a standard [ N/A] message (yellow) printATTN [indent] Prints a standard [ATTN] message (yellow) printWAIT [indent] Prints a standard [WAIT] message (yellow) EXAMPLES
Run a program named MyProg, and report it's success or failure: echo -n 'Running MyProg...' printWAIT if MyProg ; then printOK else printFAIL fi AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux