Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mount windows share folder
Operating Systems Solaris mount windows share folder Post 302427243 by jlliagre on Friday 4th of June 2010 09:58:10 AM
Old 06-04-2010
Assuming your w2k server is providing CIFS shares, there is no such support in Solaris 10, only with OpenSolaris (smbfs). Alternatively, the Solaris 10 gnome file browser (nautilus) should be able to access cifs shares (just open smb://server/share ).
The natural protocol to share filesystems under Solaris is NFS. Using SFU on the windows size allows you to share file systems that should be mountable on Solaris.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using the mount command to connect to a windows share

Until recently I have been using the following command successfully to connect to a windows share: mount -t smbfs -o username=my_username,password=my_password /home/temp //oldserverx1/openexchange But from today, I've been getting the following error: INFO: Debug class all level = 1 (pid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cw1972
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Mount a Unix share drive on Windows

We are trying to mount a Unix share drive on a Windows 2003 server to avoid transfering files accross the network using sftp. I can see shared drives on the Solaris server using the "share" command. How can I mount the drives on my Windows server so that I can read them directly. Do I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbdenham
2 Replies

3. AIX

Mount drive to Win2003 share folder

Dear all, How can mount a drive from AIX 4.3 to Windows 2003 Server share folder ? Thank a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sinopec
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to mount windows Share on solaris using SAMBA

Hi All I am new for Solaris and, I have configured SAMBA on my SUN10 Network machine and it's working fine. can anyone tell me how to mount windows share on my SUN10 machine. Thanks in advance daya (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Mount Windows share on Redhat, WITHOUT Samba?

Hi, Please let me know whether I can mount a windows share on Redhat, which does not have Samba installed. The constraint is that I cannot install Samba . Looking forward for a possible solution. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jksena
1 Replies

6. Solaris

how to mount Windows NFS share on solaris

Hi, How can i mount an NFS share on a solaris machine a filesystem ? I have enabled nfs on a windows server and the shares has given read/write access to it to all the users. I would like to mount it on around 10 different solaris boxes with different versions of solaris. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Can't see home folder on one NFS mount but can in another mount on another share

Hello, I have a few Ubuntu 9.10 laptops I'm trying to learn NFS sharing with. I am just experimenting on this right now, so no harsh words about the security of what I'm playing with, please ;) Below are the configs /etc/exports on host /home/woodnt/Homeschool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Virtualbox Need to change share folder name before i can mount it

HI I would like to ask about my virtualbox 4.0.4 in my lucyd lynx box My shared forlder isn't auto mount in my linux guest OS. And everytime i manually mount using command sudo mount -t vboxsf <shared_folder_name> <Guest_location> it throw an error msg "/sbin/mount.vboxsf: mounting failed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

unable to mount windows share on linux 5.1

Hi, I am using redhat linux 5.1 - 64bit, using command mount -t cifs //192.192.192.192/SW/Ex /192.192.192.192 -o username=test I am getting below error. mount: block device //192.192.192.192/SW/Ex is write-protected, mounting read-only mount: cannot mount block device... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Trying to share a folder between windows machine and VM

I was following the guide I found here for doing this and I reached the step where I added myself to the vboxsf group but I am still getting a permissions denied message when I try to get into the folder: ubuntu12@ubuntu12-VirtualBox: /media$ cd sf_Shared_files/ bash: cd: sf_Shared_files/:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
0 Replies
MOUNT_SMBFS(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    MOUNT_SMBFS(8)

NAME
mount_smbfs -- mount a shared resource from an SMB file server SYNOPSIS
mount_smbfs [-N] [-o options] [-d mode] [-f mode] [-h] //[domain;][user[:password]@]server[/share] path DESCRIPTION
The mount_smbfs command mounts a share from a remote server using SMB/CIFS protocol. The options are as follows: -N Do not ask for a password. At run time, mount_smbfs reads the ~/Library/Preferences/nsmb.conf file for additional configuration parameters and a password. If no password is found, mount_smbfs prompts for it. -o Options passed to mount(2) are specified with the -o option followed by a comma separated string of options. See the mount(8) man page for possible options and their meanings. Additional options supported by the mount_smbfs are as follows: nobrowse Indicate to the Carbon subsystem that this volume is not to be displayed to the user. automounted Set flags on the mountpoint to indicate that the volume has been mounted by the automounter. nostreams Don't use NTFS Streams even if they are supported by the server. soft Make the mount soft. Fail file system calls after a number of seconds. nonotification Turn off using notifications for this volume. -f mode, -d mode Specify permissions that should be assigned to files and directories. The values must be specified as octal numbers. Default value for the file mode is taken from mount point, default value for the directory mode adds execute permission where the file mode gives read permission. Note that these permissions can differ from the rights granted by SMB server. -h Prints a help message, much like the SYNOPSIS above. //[domain;][user[password]@] server[/share] The mount_smbfs command will use server as the NetBIOS name of remote computer, user as the remote user name and share as the resource name on a remote server. Domain and/or password may be specified here. If user is omitted the logged in user id will be used. Omitting share is an error when mount_smbfs is run from the command line, otherwise a browsing dialogue is presented. path Path to mount point. FILES
nsmb.conf Keeps static parameters for connections and other information. See man nsmb.conf for details. EXAMPLES
This example shows the proper url to use to mount the share PUBLIC from the SMB server myserver : mkdir /smb/public mount -t smbfs //username:userpass@myserver/PUBLIC /smb/public This example shows the proper url to use to mount the share PUBLIC from the SMB server myserver as guest: mkdir /smb/public mount -t smbfs //guest:@myserver/PUBLIC /smb/public Note: You should always use the system mount command and never call mount_smbfs directly. SEE ALSO
mount(2), nsmb.conf(5), mount(8), umount(8) BUGS
Please report bugs to Apple. AUTHORS
Boris Popov <bp@butya.kz>, <bp@FreeBSD.org> FreeBSD March 10, 2000 FreeBSD