Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to write a shell script for rsync to remote server? Post 302427241 by Desperados on Friday 4th of June 2010 09:57:03 AM
Old 06-04-2010
How to write a shell script for rsync to remote server?

Hello,

Can you help me to write a shell script for rsync a folder from my server to remote server ?

i do this in ssh by this command :

Code:
rsync -avz -e ssh /copy/me/ login@serverip:/where/to

i want have a shell script that do this command.

and you know that this command ask remote server root password this is important that shell script input password too.

Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pull a file from a remote server through a shell script

Hi, I am writing a shell script to pull a file from a remote server (Let say its a windows based remote server). One of my criteria is to pull a file only if it is not empty. We have done a similar script to push a file from our end to a remote server and before pushing it we check for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sashankkrk
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for how to connect to a remote server by using ssh

i want to connect to a remote server through ssh. i have to also provide password within that script. after connecting to the remote server i want to do some operations like grep,cd etc can u pls help me to wite a script. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: millan
1 Replies

3. Programming

How to write a shell script to connect to another server?

Hello friends I want to write a script in which I will connect to my friends network. I want to use SSH. Even they can use the script to log into my network and copy files. ssh user@hostname command I know the following command will help me to log into Google's servers and see all the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Angelo
12 Replies

4. Programming

Expect script to run a Shell script on remote server

Hi All, I am using a expect script to run a shell script on remote server, the code is as follows. But the problem is that it executes only first command, and hangs it doesn't run the next commands. spawn ssh $uid@$host expect "password:" send "$password\r" expect "*\r" send... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yashwanthsn
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to read from a file and update remote server

Its a tough one and would appreciate any guidance for a script that i am trying to develop....Again I do understand its a complicated script and help would be greatly appreciated.... Thank you 1- Need to check for a file (in a certain location on a server) every 15 minute or so if it is there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aavam
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using rsync --link-dest pointing to a remote server

Ok, I'm trying to figure out how to reference a remote file using the rsync --link-dest parameter. Here is the code I have so far: # # FILESERVER INCREMENTAL BACKUP SCRIPT # # Remove previous log file rm /usr/local/bin/rsync-incremental.log # Set daily variables DAY0=`date -I`... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orionizer
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to write if condition in shell script for application server?

Hi all, I have a code to create folder in application server through shell script and i want to create if conditional based folder folder=$HOME/test/sample/whatever if ; then echo "$folder already exists, not created." else mkdir -p "$folder" > /dev/null 2>&1 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Boost
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Except script to run a local shell script on remote server using root access

local script: cat > first.sh cd /tmp echo $PWD echo `whoami` cd /tmp/123 tar -cvf 789.tar 456 sleep 10 except script: cat > first #!/usr/bin/expect set ip 10.5.15.20 set user "xyz123" set password "123456" set script first.sh spawn sh -c "ssh $user@$ip bash < $script" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aditya Avanth
1 Replies
SVN::Notify::Mirror::Rsync(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   SVN::Notify::Mirror::Rsync(3pm)

NAME
SVN::Notify::Mirror::Rsync - Mirror a repository path via Rsync SYNOPSIS
Use svnnotify in post-commit: svnnotify --repos-path "$1" --revision "$2" --handler Mirror::Rsync --to "/path/to/local/htdocs" [--svn-binary /full/path/to/svn] --rsync-host remote_server [--rsync-delete=[yes|no]] [--rsync-dest "/path/on/remote/server"] [--rsync-args arg1 [--rsync-args arg2...]] [[--rsync-ssh] [--ssh-user remote_user] [--ssh-identity /home/user/.ssh/id_rsa]] or better yet, use SVN::Notify::Config for a more sophisticated setup: #!/usr/bin/perl -MSVN::Notify::Config=$0 --- #YAML:1.0 '': PATH: "/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin" 'path/in/repository': handler: Mirror to: "/path/to/www/htdocs" 'some/other/path/in/repository': handler: Mirror to: "/path/to/local/www/htdocs" rsync-host: "remote_host" rsync-dest: "/path/on/remote/www/htdocs" ssh-user: "remote_user" ssh-identity: "/home/user/.ssh/id_rsa" DESCRIPTION
Keep a directory in sync with a portion of a Subversion repository. Typically used to keep a development web server in sync with the changes made to the repository. This directory can either be on the same box as the repository itself, or it can be remote (via SSH connection). USAGE
Depending on whether the target is a "Local Mirror" or a Remote Mirror, there are different options available. All options are available either as a commandline option to svnnotify or as a hash key in SVN::Notify::Config (see their respective documentation for more details). Working Copy on Local host Because 'svn export' is not able to be consistently updated, the local rsync'd directory must be a full working copy. The remote server will only contain the ordinary files (no Subversion admin files). The files in the working copy must be writeable (preferrably owned) by the user identity executing the hook script (this is the user identity that is running Apache or svnserve respectively). Local Mirror Please see " SVN::Notify::Mirror " for details. Remote Mirror Used for directories not located on the same machine as the repository itself. Typically, this might be a production web server located in a DMZ, so special consideration must be paid to security concerns. In particular, the remote mirror server may not be able to directly access the repository box. o rsync-host This value is required and must be the hostname or IP address of the remote host (where the mirror directories reside). o rsync-delete The default mode of operation is to delete remote files which are not present in the local working copy. NOTE: this will delete any unversioned files in the remote directory tree. Unless you have all of your files under version control, you should pass the "--no-rsync-delete" or "--rsync-delete no" option. o rsync-dest This optional value specifies the path to update on the remote host. If you do not specify this value, the same path as passed in as the "--to" parameter will be used (this may not be what you meant to do). o rsync-args This optional parameter can be used to pass additional commandline options to the rsync command. You can use this multiple times in order to pass multiple options. The default args are "--archive --compress". See the "rsync-ssh" options for using SSH instead of RSH (rather than pass those commands via "--rsync-args" o rsync-ssh This optional parameter signals that you wish to use SSH instead of whatever the default remote shell program is configured in your copy of rsync. You may need to set one or more of the "ssh-*" parameters as well. o ssh-user If the remote user is different than the local user executing the postcommit script, you can specify it with this parameter. You would often use this in conjunction with the next parameter. o ssh-identity This value may be optional and should be the full path to the local identity file being used to authenticate with the remote host. If you are setting the ssh-user to be something other than the local user name, you will typically also have to set the ssh-identity. AUTHOR
John Peacock <jpeacock@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005-2008 John Peacock This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. SEE ALSO
SVN::Notify, SVN::Notify::Config, SVN::Notify::Mirror perl v5.14.2 2012-07-04 SVN::Notify::Mirror::Rsync(3pm)