Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using AWK in IF evaluation in KSH Post 302427207 by jim mcnamara on Friday 4th of June 2010 07:49:06 AM
Old 06-04-2010
The way your code is written it must read from stdin. I think we need to see a few lines above...

What do you mean 'does not work' - what is your input and expected output

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK equation evaluation.

Hi, Is there a way to evaluate an equation contained in a string within an AWK script? For example: A = "(5*2)-1" (this equation is read from a file and varies line by line) In this example, I can't see any way to get an answer of 9 unless I do: cmd = "awk 'BEGIN{print "A"}'" cmd |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srdgeo
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cp command evaluation

Hi all! I'm writting one script to copy a file in various folders, but there are 2 things to validate. First that the folder where i'll be cpying exists, and second that i have permissions to copy the file in it. so far i have found the way to validate the folder exists, but when trying to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: feliperivera
6 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

iptables latency evaluation

Hello guys, I'm actually working on my master thesis which has for subject the evaluation of virtual firewall in a cloud environment. To do so, I installed my own cloud using OpenNebula (as a frontend) and Xen (as a Node) on two different machines. The Xen machine is my virtual firewall thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slaughterman
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh passing to awk multiple dyanamic variables awk -v

Using ksh to call a function which has awk script embedded. It parses a long two element list file, filled with text numbers (I want column 2, beginning no sooner than line 45, that's the only known thing) . It's unknown where to start or end the data collection, dynamic variables will be used. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: highnthemnts
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding evaluation order

I have made a simple script to find all programs that use a tcp wrapper, it will supply a reasonable default for my system if none is given. After some digging I realized that the expansion operators pass their default return value single quoted (according to bash -x trace). I have wildcard... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riker1204
0 Replies

6. AIX

Older versions of the XL C/C++ Evaluation for AIX 5.3

Hello, IBM offers a evaluation version of their XL C/C++ compiler. Unfortunatly v16.1 (from Developerworks) can not be installed on AIX 5.3 (I can not upgrade my old 32 Bit RS/6000 to a later version) and I have not found any older versions on the IBM and Developerworks pages. Is there a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: eh2scqw
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding evaluation order

I have made a simple script to find all programs that use a tcp wrapper, it will supply a reasonable default for my system if none is given. After some digging I realized that the expansion operators pass their default return value single quoted (according to bash -x trace). I have wildcard... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phuongnguyen
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Evaluation of test command

Could somebody please explain to me why and how the highlighted line(s) (?) of code puts the "test" evaluation into "result" and then to $enable_static ? Or does not ? I did comment out the original code and changed it to what I feel is less cryptic , but the "result" is still wrong =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anne
3 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)