Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX External Snapshot using previously defined lv Post 302427015 by Skyybugg on Thursday 3rd of June 2010 01:14:21 PM
Old 06-03-2010
Bug thank you

I thought I did it right once before.

Thanks,
# mklv -y snapfs99 -t'jfs2' tempvg 1
snapfs99
# /usr/sbin/snapshot -o snapfrom=/clarity /dev/snapfs99
Snapshot for file system /clarity created on /dev/snapfs99
#
Now I can call IBM, have not called me back yet.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to erase files from a tape used previously on Windows operating system

hi all Please may you help. I want to put my unix application backup files using tar cv8 * from a specific folder e.g /u1/sage With new tapes SONY 4mm-DL 90m i can do it with no problem at all. Now I have run out of tapes and I need to use the same kind but they were once used to back... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: isaac
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find the details of the previously running process with PID

OS: Unix or Linux I (only) know the pid of the process which was running earlier (say 5 hrs back) but it is not running now. Is there a way I could find the details of that process? (atleast the name of the process). Please let me know. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay.d
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

go to previously visited directory

Is there a way to go back to the previously visited directory? say im in /dir1 then went to /dir2 and wanted to go back to /dir1. besides from aliasing every directory i have, i was wondering if there's a way to maybe alias a command to go to the previously visited directory just to make it more... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: swag:þ
8 Replies

4. Linux

Previously run command.

Hi, In HP-UNIX I used to use ! before the command and type a portion of the comnand then if that command was previously run the whole line used to appear. Eg : wc -l samplefile.txt Next if I type !wc And Tab the previously run command would appear on the command prompt. How to achive this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: preethgideon
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search the pattern in a file and replace with variable already defined previously in csh

I want to replace a certain pattern with the variable already defined. e.g. set path_verilog = /home/priya/bin/verilogfile my file contents are : verilog new verilog is defined here verilog_path_comes I am using the below command sed 's/verilog_path_comes/'$path_verilog'/g' <filename>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the permission to previously used in unix ( chmod )

I have changed the premission of a file to 777. Now I would like to change permission to previously used ( UNDO ). Is there any command ?:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash question: working with an array of previously set variable strings

while i've used arrays to work with variables, i've never used them to loop through a set of strings and wanted to ask the community for some feedback or assistance. let me be specific. here's my code: # URL port Variables port2195=`nc -z $url2195 2195` port2196=`nc -z $url2196 2196`... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
5 Replies

8. AIX

Unable to mount previously-working NFS share from NIM to LPAR

Right, now that I've finally worked out this website, I'll ask my question! I am having an absolute nightmare with NFS on AIX. I have used it many times, and I know what I'm doing, however I cannot fathom what is going on here. I have 2 LPARs, sitting on the same physical host. They are... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmooredba
12 Replies
mkdevmaps(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     mkdevmaps(1M)

NAME
mkdevmaps - make device_maps entries SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/mkdevmaps DESCRIPTION
The mkdevmaps command writes to standard out a set of device_maps(4) entries describing the system's frame buffer, audio, and removable media devices. The mkdevmaps command is used by the init.d(4) scripts to create or update the /etc/security/device_maps file. Entries are generated based on the device special files found in /dev. For the different categories of devices, the mkdevmaps command checks for the following files under /dev: audio /dev/audio, /dev/audioctl, /dev/sound/... tape /dev/rst*, /dev/nrst*, /dev/rmt/... floppy /dev/diskette, /dev/fd*, /dev/rdiskette, /dev/rfd* removable disk /dev/dsk/c0t?d0s?, /dev/rdsk/c0t?d0s? frame buffer /dev/fb ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
allocate(1), bsmconv(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
mkdevmaps might not be supported in a future release of the Solaris operating system. SunOS 5.10 8 Oct 2003 mkdevmaps(1M)