Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Submit using curl
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Submit using curl Post 302426821 by m1xram on Thursday 3rd of June 2010 04:23:41 AM
Old 06-03-2010
debug

The best way to debug this is to Wireshark the web browser packets. It would be easy for me to do this if you would post a simple input file to submit. JavaScript is used to submit the form and Wireshark will show what the actual page submitted is, whether any cookies are used, and whether there are any other hidden variables.

Once that is determined we can figure out what the curl command needs to be and then do a full trace with '--trace <file>'.

JavaScript can really complicate automation and sometimes completely prevent it.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to submit cron jobs?

How can I write a script to submit a perl script as a cron job but only have it execute once? After it has executed once, I would like it to automatically insert itself again into cron. I want to avoid the situation where I schedule a cron job to run once a day, but end up with multiple... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot submit a background job

Hi all, I am currently facing a problem when i am submitting a script to run in the background to collect statistics round the clock on an AIX box. I don't have root authority nor can I set it in cron. So when i submit the job, it runs fine, but won't let me signoff. It prompts me that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tansha
2 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

cant submit anything

hello admins, i dont use unix.com very often - but when i do have questions, i submit them at the site - but now I cannot submit anything in any forum on the site. The is the only forum i could add a new thread. its tells me that my account could be de-righted, or that im tring to submit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: congo
1 Replies

4. News, Links, Events and Announcements

where to submit my work?

Hello sir, I worked out some features using java,shell programming and modified the bash shell. We have come up with 13 new features. I want to know where should I submit my work so that it would be of some use to the open source professionals :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nsharath
1 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Where to submit my scripts

have a doubt. Where I can submit shell scripts done by me ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to submit several commands together

Dear all, I have a simple question. I have many cut commands like below to run. I am wondering how to just type and submit all the commands at once and then each of the command will be run automaticaly one by one. Thanks a lot! cut -d ' ' -f 3-2002 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevertl
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using cURL to submit a post form

I am trying to write a shell script to use curl in order to automate downloading data from a website. The URL with the post form is here: http://try-db.org/de/InfoBySpecies.php . I have a list of about 1800 different species I want to check. For Example, choose the first species and use the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansvg
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't submit a form.

hello my script is submitting POST-data to a site (its not my first script, i've done these before many times (include parsing scripts) but this one is tough) so the problem is i'm submitting a form with firefox and in firebug i see WHAT exactly i'm submitting then when i do EXACTLY the... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: tip78
28 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl to hit the submit button

Hello, I am looking to hit a URL using curl and click on submit button so that I can get the results. The below is the code <input name="tos_accepted" id="tos_accepted" class="button" type="submit" value="Yes, I Agree"/> <input name="tos_discarded" id="tos_discarded"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kochappa
1 Replies
CURLOPT_HTTPGET(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options						CURLOPT_HTTPGET(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_HTTPGET - ask for a HTTP GET request SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_HTTPGET, long useget); DESCRIPTION
Pass a long. If useget is 1, this forces the HTTP request to get back to using GET. Usable if a POST, HEAD, PUT, etc has been used previ- ously using the same curl handle. When setting CURLOPT_HTTPGET(3) to 1, it will automatically set CURLOPT_NOBODY(3) to 0 and CURLOPT_UPLOAD(3) to 0. DEFAULT
0 PROTOCOLS
HTTP(S) EXAMPLE
curl = curl_easy_init(); if(curl) { curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "http://example.com"); /* use a GET to fetch this */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_HTTPGET, 1L); /* Perform the request */ curl_easy_perform(curl); } AVAILABILITY
Along with HTTP RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if HTTP is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_NOBODY(3), CURLOPT_UPLOAD(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_HTTPGET(3)