Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Need some help to find out hardware details Post 302426802 by kingston on Thursday 3rd of June 2010 02:29:38 AM
Old 06-03-2010
Need some help to find out hardware details

hi all
i am looking for some command or utility to find out hard ware details.

1. How should i know whether my network adapter is a fibre card or RJ25 (upd) card (ethtool in linux)
2. How to check physical connectivity. ("mii-tool eth0" in linux)
3. How to find pci devices with exact details.
i can use the command "prtpicl -c scsi -v |grep -i model"
But i could not find out which is hba card, which is scsi card. I have to check the model then i am verifying normally.

Regards
Kingston S

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Getting Hardware Details on HP-UX

Hi All, Please let me know the list of commands, that can give me the list of hardwares available on the HP-UX Box. I'm using HP-UX B.11.00. I would like to know the list of HBA's, PCIMCA Cards etc., attached to the system. And also, which device files point to which Hardware. more &... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Where can I find details of what various Solaris packages do?

Among varous other items, I'm trying to find out what "Authentication Management Infrastructure" (package SUNWamix) does, and why would a sysadmin disable it? The reason given is 'for security purposes' without explanation ... how and why is AMI such a 'security risk' that it has to be turned off?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muleheadjoe
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

How to find the os and h/w details

Hi Need to know the version(suse/redhat) and processor info(x86/itanium/amd etc). I tried uname -a but cannot understand what is what... Linux myworkhost 2.4.21-4.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Oct 3 17:52:56 EDT 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux I dont have the root password, I can only ssh and have to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amiri2000
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Find server details

Hi experts Is there a command or a way in Solaris to find server details like this: SUN240R 2 @ 160MHz CPU 1Gb memory Solaris8 lan0 (16SV LAN) 100FD lan1 (45CI LAN) 100FD lan2 (8CON LAN) 10HD lan3 (38SY LAN) 100HD Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lalelle
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory details with FIND

Hello, an easy question, I hope. What would be the way to produce a result from the following find statement that would also include for each line in the output the details usually associated with the ls -ltr command? Here is the find I am using: find . -name "*.prg" -exec grep "test line" {}... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
4 Replies

6. AIX

How to find the year in last login details

Hi Friends I have a query. we had a requirement to see the last login details of our users so I ran the command last <username> and the output i get is: wtmp begins Apr 17 21:48 Now I need to know couple of things: 1. How can I see the year this log is being read from wtmp file 2. Is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathandrake13
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Server Hardware Inventory Details

How can I get the hardware inventory details of the Sun Servers like T5220 running Solaris 10? I would like to see the following details: 1. Chassis Information - Part Number, Serial Number etc. 2. Slots Present in the chassis 3. Modules/Cards equipped on the slots. Module details like Part... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: baddy
8 Replies

8. Solaris

How to find MQ details on Solaris 5.8?

Hi All, I want to find MQ details on a solaris 5.8 server , does anyone knows the command to findout the details I have used below command to find the following o/p command pkginfo | grep -i mq o/p application mqm WebSphere MQ for Sun Solaris application... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file with a specific pattern for current sysdate & upon find email the details?

I need assistance with following requirement, I am new to Unix. I want to do the following task but stuck with file creation date(sysdate) Following is the requirement I need to create a script that will read the abc/xyz/klm folder and look for *.err files for that day’s date and then send an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PreetArul
4 Replies
CARD(1)                                                                 FSF                                                                CARD(1)

NAME
card - print reference card of program options SYNOPSIS
card [OPTION]... PROGRAM... DESCRIPTION
Print a reference card of the PROGRAMs thanks to their inline help. OPTIONS
-h, --help display this help and exit -v, --version display version information and exit -o, --output=FILE save the output in FILE -l, --language=LL print the help in the language LL (default: English) --command=CMD perform pretty-printing on the output of CMD (e.g. --command='netscape -help') Options for a2ps are given after `--', for instance $ card -lfr a2ps -- -Pdisplay -4 News, updates and documentation: http://www.inf.enst.fr/~demaille/a2ps/ AUTHOR
Written by Akim Demaille. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-a2ps@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-99 Akim Demaille, Miguel Santana This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
a2ps(1), card(1), fixps(1), pdiff(1), psset(1), texi2dvi4a2ps(1). The full documentation for card is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and card programs are properly installed at your site, the command info card should give you access to the complete manual. card 1.3 (GNU a2ps 4.14) March 2014 CARD(1)