Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Is there a way to Grep processes running on Windows Servers... Post 302426689 by curleb on Wednesday 2nd of June 2010 03:39:20 PM
Old 06-02-2010
Doubt you'd be able to pick out a client connection from a Windows machine per se...although if there's a network segment assigned to the Wintel workstations/servers in use, you'd be able to identify that much. On the other hand, you might be able to identify the specifics of their client app, such as ssh, etc.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

What's better for running Windows software in Linux, Wine or Windows VMware?

What are the differences, advantages, and disadvantages? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Advice Pro
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

identifying running processes

how to identify the processes running by giving the parent process id (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to know the running processes.

Hi can anybody help me regarding this.. i want know the output of ps -ef with explanation. how can we know the running processess. this is the output of ps -elf F S UID PID PPID C PRI NI ADDR SZ WCHAN STIME TTY TIME CMD 19 T root 0 0 0 0 SY ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh_pola
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to grep the running processes.

Hi All, We have a shell script(ODS_Load)which loads the data from perticular flat file to oracle table invoking sqlplus based on the parameter. When we execute the script(ODS_Load) independently, script is working fine and able to load the tables successfully. We invoke(ODS_Load) with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor different processes on different Unix servers

GM, Can you pls help how to write a script to monitor different processes on different unix servers and send the output to a /tmp/report file, earlier my boss asked me to write a script to monitor just one process running on different servers and send the output to a file so I wrote this exec... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: baders
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Running processes on GZ/LZ

Hi guys just a question is it normal to see running process on a non-global zone in the global zone... processes such as cron. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: batas
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking running process status using "grep" on multiple servers in load sharing system.

Suppose i have 3 different servers say x,y and z. Im running some process say ABC and 40 instances for the same is being created. In load sharing suppose on server x, 20 instances are running server y, 10 instances are running server z, 10 instances are running. While checking the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitknit
1 Replies

8. Linux

Running processes

Hi guys is it normal to have 5-10 cron/syslog processes running... in my case i got 10 cron process running. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: batas
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error running grep on Remote Servers

Im running the below command sshpass -p mypassword ssh -t user1@server2 /bin/bash -c 'echo "mypassword" | sudo -S -l; echo "$?#`grep -iE "user66|dbuser|tomcat|splunk|stash|jira|user2|docadmin" /etc/passwd`"; exit' Below is the error I get: Output: I run this command across a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
ssh-keysign(1M) 														   ssh-keysign(1M)

NAME
ssh-keysign - ssh helper program for host-based authentication SYNOPSIS
ssh-keysign ssh-keysign is used by ssh(1) to access the local host keys and generate the digital signature required during host-based authentication with SSH protocol version 2. This signature is of data that includes, among other items, the name of the client host and the name of the client user. ssh-keysign is disabled by default and can be enabled only in the global client configuration file /etc/ssh/ssh_config by setting Host- basedAuthentication to yes. ssh-keysign is not intended to be invoked by the user, but from ssh. See ssh(1) and sshd(1M) for more information about host-based authen- tication. /etc/ssh/ssh_config Controls whether ssh-keysign is enabled. /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key These files contain the private parts of the host keys used to generate the digital signature. They should be owned by root, readable only by root, and not accessible to others. Because they are readable only by root, ssh-keysign must be set-uid root if host-based authentication is used. ssh-keysign will not sign host-based authentication data under the following conditions: o If the HostbasedAuthentication client configuration parameter is not set to yes in /etc/ssh/ssh_config. This setting cannot be overri- den in users' ~/.ssh/ssh_config files. o If the client hostname and username in /etc/ssh/ssh_config do not match the canonical hostname of the client where ssh-keysign is invoked and the name of the user invoking ssh-keysign. In spite of ssh-keysign's restrictions on the contents of the host-based authentication data, there remains the ability of users to use it as an avenue for obtaining the client's private host keys. For this reason host-based authentication is turned off by default. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsshu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ ssh(1), sshd(1M), ssh_config(4), attributes(5) AUTHORS
Markus Friedl, markus@openbsd.org HISTORY
ssh-keysign first appeared in Ox 3.2. 9 Jun 2004 ssh-keysign(1M)