Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Sort the filenames containing . in file name Post 302426630 by shamrock on Wednesday 2nd of June 2010 11:16:13 AM
Old 06-02-2010
yet another way...
Code:
ls | sort -t. -k1,1n -k2n

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: reading filenames from file

Hi, I'm trying to write a script that reads filenames from a file and use these filenames in a loop. The filenames are all on one line and the problem is that these filenames have wildcards like * and braces like in them. Right now what I'm doing is something like this: echo "reading from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: warp17
0 Replies

2. AIX

How to grep filenames from a file in other files?

Hi, We have a file called applcust.txt where we keep records of our customizations in the following format. We want to verify whether the file, which is in 3rd column in this file is there in another file called patch999999.log to find out if any of our customization has got overwritten by the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sshah1001
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying filenames into a new file

I have about 35,000 files in one directory. Here I have to write a ksh to take only the filenames of 500 files at a time and put them into a new file. Can anyone please help me. Thank you. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpv0002
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to sort the files and append the extension .sort to the sorted version of the file

Hello all - I am to this forum and fairly new in learning unix and finding some difficulty in preparing a small shell script. I am trying to make script to sort all the files given by user as input (either the exact full name of the file or say the files matching the criteria like all files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankaj80
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort based on filenames

Hi All, When i give ls -ltr my filenames looks like this: Filename Pattern: Abc_Def_mmddyyyyHHmm.csv $ ls -ltr Jun 05 04:30 Abc_Def_060520111245.csv Jun 05 08:40 Abc_Def_071220121458.csv Jun 06 03:30 Abc_Def_071220111458.csv Jun 06 04:25 Abc_Def_060620110439.csv Jun 07 04:37... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capture filenames with a Pattern into another file

Hi i have a command in windows which captures the filenames with the same pattern and route it to another file. for example filetest_20110921, filetest_20110922,filetest_20110923 etc I would like to know the command in UNIX/LINUX for the same. The command which i am using in Windows is ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansurkhalil
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get filenames in a directory and write them in to a file?

I need to get the names of files which are starting with a string testfile. Also i want to create a XML file in the same location and write these file names into the XML. Ex: <path> <dir> <file>testfile1</file> </dir> <dir> <file>testfile2</file> </dir>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort help: How to sort collected 'file list' by date stamp :

Hi Experts, I have a filelist collected from another server , now want to sort the output using date/time stamp filed. - Filed 6, 7,8 are showing the date/time/stamp. Here is the input: #---------------------------------------------------------------------- -rw------- 1 root ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do I custom sort the files in a directory using the filenames in a text file.?

Hi all, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KMusunuru
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sort the filenames

Hello Unix experts: I have dir where few files are there, i want to sort these files and write the output to some other file but i need filenames with filepath too eg: i have filenames like 010020001_S-FOR-Sort-SYEXC_20171218_094256_0004.txt so i want to sort my files on first 5 fields of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
2 Replies
ns_return(3aolserver)					    AOLserver Built-In Commands 				     ns_return(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ns_connsendfp, ns_respond, ns_return, ns_returnadminnotice, ns_returnbadrequest, ns_returnerror, ns_returnfile, ns_returnforbidden, ns_returnfp, ns_returnnotfound, ns_returnnotice, ns_returnredirect, ns_returnunauthorized, ns_write - commands SYNOPSIS
ns_connsendfp fp len ns_respond ns_return status type string ns_returnadminnotice status msg ?longmsg? ns_returnbadrequest reason ns_returnerror status msg ns_returnfile status type filename ns_returnforbidden ns_returnfp status type fileid len ns_returnnotfound ns_returnnotice status msg ?longmsg? ns_returnredirect location ns_returnunauthorized ns_write string _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These procedures provide a simple interface for returning information to the client. They build HTTP/1.0 headers and send the appropriate data out the socket to the client. The script does not end at the time ns_return* is invoked so you can continue processing data after the client has gotten the data and closed the socket. type should be a MIME type (see ns_guesstype manual page for a list). status is a three-digit number fitting the pattern below: 1xx Infor- mational - Not used, but reserved for future use. 2xx Success - The action was successfully received, understood, and accepted. 3xx Redi- rection - Further action must be taken in order to complete the request. 4xx Client Error - The request contains bad syntax or cannot be fulfilled. 5xx Server Error - The server failed to fulfill an apparently valid request. Some common status values and their meanings are: 201 Created 202 Accepted 203 Provisional Information 204 No Content 300 Multiple Choices 301 Moved Permanently 302 Moved Temporarily 303 Method 304 Not Modified 401 Unauthorized 402 Payment Required 403 Forbidden 404 Not Found 405 Method Not Allowed 406 None Acceptable 407 Proxy Authentication Required 408 Request Time-out 409 Conflict 410 Gone 501 Not Implemented 502 Bad Gateway 503 Service Unavailable 504 Gateway Time-out ns_connsendfp This function writes len bytes of the specified channel or file to the conn. ns_return Sends back both the headers and the string. ns_returnadminnotice Wraps the text msg and longmsg in some html, appends a line with a link to "mailto:serveradministrator" based on the virtual server parameter "WebMaster". ns_returnbadrequest Returns a 400 status code and a formatted HTML message containing the reason text. ns_returnerror Wraps the text msg in some html and returns that to the client. ns_returnfile Sends back the headers and the contents of the file. ns_returnforbidden Returns a 403 status code. ns_returnfp First sends the appropriate headers. Next, it writes out the contents of file from the current file position until the end of the file. ns_returnnotfound Returns a 404 status code. ns_returnnotice Wraps teh text msg and longmsg in some html and returns that to the client. ns_returnredirect Returns a redirect to the passed in location ns_returnunauthorized Returns a 401 status code ns_write Writes the string out the connection. You can use it instead of the ns_return or ns_respond functions to build HTTP responses. AOLserver will not include the usual headers on the output data. The script does not end at the time ns_write* is invoked so you can continue processing data after the client has gotten the data and closed the socket. SEE ALSO
ns_respond(n), ns_writefp(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 ns_return(3aolserver)