Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple lines into one using PERL or SHELL Post 302426603 by pseudocoder on Wednesday 2nd of June 2010 09:40:45 AM
Old 06-02-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit.Sagpariya
The main problem is, we are not able to differenciate when the 1st record ends and where the second record starts.
That's a BIG problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding 3 Lines to Multiple c and h files with perl

Hello, i need some help with a perl script. i need to add the lines: #ifdef LOGALLOC #include "logalloc.h" #endif // LOGALLOC To all c and h files in a project with subdirectories. Logalloc is a tool to log all *alloc and free's in a text file, it defines the *alloc funtions new.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lazzar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read and match multiple lines in perl

Could any one tell me how to read and match multiple lines in perl? Did this code below still work in this situation? while (<FILE>) { if (/ /) { } } Thanks a lot! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zx1106
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: add string to multiple lines

Dear all, I am stuck while trying to add a string to multiple lines. Let me try to explain using an example: Input: -------- myExample_send ("MasterSends", n, "Data Type", MPI_INT); correct Output:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonny
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Help] PERL Script - grep multiple lines

Hi Gurus, I need some help with the "grep" command or whatever command that you think suitable for me. I'm about to write a perl script to extract a report from the system and submit it to the end users. The input for the script will consist of 3 element. 1) Generation ID 2) Month 3) Year... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: miskin
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Printing Multiple Lines after pattern match

Hello People, Need some assistance/guidance. OUTLINE: Two files (File1 and File2) File1 has some ids such as 009463_3922_1827 897654_8764_5432 File2 has things along the lines of: Query= 009463_3922_1827 length=252 (252 letters) More stufff here ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deep9000
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Perl to Merge Multiple Lines in a File

I've hunted and hunted but nothing seems to apply to what I need. Any help will be much appreciated! My input file looks like (Unix): marker,allele1,allele2 RS1002244,1,1 RS1002244,1,3 RS1002244,3,3 RS1003719,2,2 RS1003719,2,4 RS1003719,4,4 Most markers are listed 3 times but a few... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peggy White
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: substitute multiple lines

I'd like to do this using Perl command line (sorry no awk, sed, etc.) replace the 3 middle lines in a file by one line: aaa 123 bbb 234 ccc 34567 dd 4567 ee 567 to: aaa 123 AAA ee 567 I tried this but not working: perl -pi -e "s/aaa\ 123\nbbb\ 234\nccc\ 34567/AAA/" file (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tintin78899
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Regex matching multiple lines

I need a way to extract data from X 4T Solution 21 OCT 2011 37 .00 to account 12345678 User1 user2 X 4T Solution Solution Unlimited 11 Sep 2009 248 .00 to account 87654321 user3 user4 I need it to extract 'X' '37.00' and account number 12345678. I have extracted above stuff... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakrapani
3 Replies

9. Programming

PERL:Combining multiple lines to single line

Hi All I need a small help for the below format in making a small script in Perl or Shell. I have a file in which a single line entries are broken into three line entries. Eg: I have a pen and notebook. All i want is to capture in a single line in a separate file. eg: I have a pen and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalaiela
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and swap multiple lines in file using Perl

Hi all, I have a vcd file with a bunch of lines containing an array, like this $var wire 1 b a $end $var wire 1 c a $end $var wire 1 d a $end $var wire 1 e a $end $var wire 1 f b $end $var wire 1 g b $end $var wire 1 h b $end $var wire 1 i b $end I want it like this: $var wire 1 e a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerabahu
12 Replies
srec_aomf(5)							File Formats Manual						      srec_aomf(5)

NAME
srec_aomf - Intel Absolute Object Module Format DESCRIPTION
The Absolute Object Module Format (AOMF) is a subset of the 8051 OMF. The structure of an absolute object file (the order of the records in it) is similar to that of a relocatable object file. There are three main differences: the first is that an absolute object file con- tains one module only, the second is that not all the records can appear in the absolute file and the third is that the records can contain only absolute information. Generic Record Format Each record starts with a record type which indicates the type of the record, and record length which contain the number of bytes in the record exclusive of the first two fields. The record ends with a checksum byte which contains the 2s complement of the sum (modulo 256) of all other bytes in the record. Therefore the sum (modulo 256) of all bytes in the record is zero. The record length includes the payload and checksum fields, but excludes the type and length fields. All 16-bit fields are little-endian. +--------+---------+---------+---------+ |REC | Record | Payload | CHK | |TYP | Length | | SUM | |8 bits | 16 bits | | 8 bits | +--------+---------+---------+---------+ Here are some of the relevant record types: 0x01 Scope Definition Record 0x02 Module Start Record 0x04 Module End Record 0x06 Content Record 0x0E Segment Definition Record 0x12 Debug Items Record 0x16 Public Definition Record 0x18 External Definition Record Names are not stored a C strings. Names are stored as a length byte followed by the contents. Structure An AOMF file consists of a module header record (0x02), followed by one or more content (0x06), scope (0x01) or debug (0x12) records, and ends in a module end record (0x04). The records with the following types are extraneous (they may appear in the file but are ignored): 0x0E, 0x16 and 0x18 (definition records). All records which are not part of the AOMF and are not extraneous are considered erroneous. Module Header Record +--------+---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+ | REC | Record | Module | TRN ID | zero | CHK | | TYP | Length | Name | 8 bits | 8 bits | SUM | | 0x02 | 16 bits | | | | 8 bits | +--------+---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+ Each module must starts with a module header record. It is used to identify the module for the RL51 and other future processors of 8051 object files. In addition to the Module Name the record contains: TRN ID The byte identifies the program which has generated this module: 0xFD ASM51 0xFE PL/M-51 0xFF RL51. Module End Record +--------+---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+ | REC | Record | Module | zero | REG | zero | CHK | | TYP | Length | Name | 16 bits | MSK | 8 bits | SUM | | 0x04 | 16 bits | | | 8 bits | | 8 bits | +--------+---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+ The record ends the module sequence and contains the following information: characteristics MODULE NAME The name of the module is given here for a consistency check. It must match the name given in the Module Header Record. REGISTER MASK (REG MSK) The field contains a bit for each of the four register banks. Each bit, when set specifies that the corresponding bank is used by the module: Bit 0 (the least significant bit) bank #0. Bit 1 bank #1. Bit 2 bank #2. Bit 3 bank #3. Content Record +--------+---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+ | REC | Record | SEG ID | Offset | DATA | CHK | | TYP | Length | 8 bits | 16 bits | | SUM | | 0x06 | 16 bits | | | | 8 bits | +--------+---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+ This record provides one or more bytes of contiguous data, from which a portion of a memory image may be constructed. SEG ID This field must be zero. OFFSET Gives the absolute address of the first byte of data in the record, within the CODE address space. DATA A sequence of data bytes to be loaded from OFFSET to OFFSET+RECORDLENGTH-5. Size Multiplier In general, raw binary data will expand in sized by approximately 1.02 times when represented with this format. SOURCE
http://www.intel.com/design/mcs96/swsup/omf96_pi.pdf ftp://download.intel.com/design/mcs51/SWSUP/omf51.exe (zip archive) http://www.elsist.net/WebSite/ftp/various/OMF51EPS.pdf COPYRIGHT
srec_cat version 1.58 Copyright (C) 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Peter Miller The srec_cat program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use the 'srec_cat -VERSion License' command. This is free software and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions; for details use the 'srec_cat -VERSion License' command. AUTHOR
Peter Miller E-Mail: pmiller@opensource.org.au //* WWW: http://miller.emu.id.au/pmiller/ Reference Manual SRecord srec_aomf(5)