Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Syntax for own UNIX command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Syntax for own UNIX command Post 302426443 by pradeepcarya on Wednesday 2nd of June 2010 02:19:40 AM
Old 06-02-2010
Syntax for own UNIX command

hi All,

how can i make my own commamnds for unix shell scripts.
lets xmple..
1-i want to use "down arrow key" for previous runned unix commands.
then how to acheive it.
2-Generally TAB --- complete filename or command up to the point of uniqueness ..but here its not working ..
I m new to unix area..then help me to acheive it.

regards,
pc

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Syntax for tar command

I am trying to extract a file using tar. I cd'ed to the directory I wanted to start in. I had the tar file in the same directory. I executed tar xvf filename . It appeared that it was extracting into the directory the tar file was created from instead of into the directory I was in. How do I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baunocj
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command syntax

Hi, Does anyone knows the command syntax for the following Unix commands: at mount The OS is the Chorus/Mix 4.3 BSD Unix. The "at" command does the following: at a precise date and hour it executes a desirede command. Many thanks !!! Regards, Pedro Pereira (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmap
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command syntax

Here's my situation. I am trying to move all files from one directory to another. I have the following requirements: 1) Move all files in /myfiles/wip matching pattern "*.tif" to /work/in that are at least 10 minutes old (or older). 2) When the files are moved, they need to be moved into... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsimpg1
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Syntax problem with Unix ftp get command

An outside vendor has staged 2 batch files for us and I've tried to retrieve the files using the commands that they've indicated I could use to retrieve one file at a time. I've tried using this command in a shell script after a successful connection to their server: get "$$ ID=IL096869 BID='PGP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mheinen
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

if else command syntax error

can anyone tell me what`s going wrong with my if else statement? set exam=(AAA BBB CCC) foreach ii ($exam) if ($ii -eq "AAA") do echo "PASS" else echo "FAILED" done end (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: c0384
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Script Syntax

Hi Josh Hope you are doing fine..I have a small requirement but unable to get a syntax for it. Here is how it is. There is a Server say ABC.From another Server i need to get records from Server ABC. Now logic is written as follows. It creates a file as per sysdate and append the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmaller0319
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error using do command

i have the following do command: while IFS =: read printer drv IP port do echo -e "$ printer: \ n \ drv: \ t $ drv \ n \ IP: \ t $ IP \ n \ port: \ t $ port \ n \" done < diffs.txt receiving the following error: syntax error at line 37 : `do' unmatched something is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggoliath
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

back up command and syntax

what is the back up command to take back up files and syntax (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunilamarnadh
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

ps command syntax

I use hp HP-UX. I want to get vsz of the process . What is the syntax ... /run>ps -help ps: illegal option -- h ps: option requires an argument -- p usage: ps (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on grep syntax in UNIX

Dear Team /app/Appln/logs/ echo Session used server are 'grep -i pid|grep -i session | cut -d'.' -f1 | awk '{print $9}' | sort | uniq' Output - lxserver01 lxserver02 lxserver03 When I grep session pid in logs server details I can see above distinct server details but I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skp
6 Replies
MBK_WORK_LIB(1) 					     MBK ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES						   MBK_WORK_LIB(1)

NAME
MBK_WORK_LIB - define the mbk working directory SYNOPSYS
c-shell running setenv MBK_WORK_LIB unix path ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr DESCRIPTION
MBK_WORK_LIB sets the directory where are saved the results of an invocation of mbk or genlib. This directory is considered to be, from an mbk point of view, read and write. Also, when a file is searched for reading, the first directory to be looked at is the MBK_WORK_LIB, and then the one defined in MBK_CATA_LIB(1). The unix path argument must be a actually accessible path on your host machine. ERRORS
"mbk_fopen : can't open file 'unix_path/file.xx'" This occurs when either the unix path is irrelevent, or when the file doesn't exist if it is open for reading, or when you don't have the right on the file or directory while trying to write it. EXAMPLE
setenv MBK_WORK_LIB ~fred/crechan/uom SEE ALSO
mbk(3), genlib(1), MBK_CATA_LIB(1). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 MBK_WORK_LIB(1)