Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users TNS no listener error when connecting to a new DB Post 302426334 by b_sri on Tuesday 1st of June 2010 02:11:20 PM
Old 06-01-2010
The TNS host is up an running. I can connect to the intended database from my local machine. The listener on the oracle host is definitely up and running
Also, The ports are correct in the file.

I want to make sure there is no setting that I am not aware of blocking the communication between the UNIX and the oracle host.

Thanks for the help - sri

---------- Post updated at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:41 PM ----------

so, we finally found the issue ... The linux SA had the vip address running on 2 nodes . it should have been listed on a single node

we were soo busy looking at the client side settings, that we missed the server side settings Smilie

Thanks for the response - Sri

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error connecting to sqlplus

Hi, I wrote a shell script to call oracle procedure. But when i am trying to connet sqlplus with the fallowing statement It is giving me error " callproce.sh : sqlplus: not found". What could be the problem. sqlplus -s $CONNECT_STRING >$LOGFILE <<!! thank u all papachi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: papachi
2 Replies

2. AIX

error connecting to wmserver

hello, when attempting to connect to an AIX 5.3 wsmserver via my web browser on port 9090 I receive the following error; Language received from client: GET Setlocale: C WServer.HANDSHAKING 50606 WServer.HANDSHAKING anyone know what this is? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zuessh
2 Replies

3. Linux

After famous ORA-12514 error, another erro TNS-12535

Recently I was struggling to resolve ORA-12514 error, after I solved that there is a another error "TNS-12535: TNS: operation timed out". For your information in my machine I have disabled firewall & also added SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME = 10. But the problem is still persists. Again all your help is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yajneshilu
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or question of my own) is: Oracle tns listener, "CT_LISTENER", and the enterprise manager (EM) of the instance, which is uniq instance and called... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: talipk
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have a problem about the Oracle related components. I'm not able to find any answer yet, and waiting for your responses... Here is the configuration of my system: * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talipk
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

Hi everyone, when i run ; sqlplus -s username/password@TTTEST @umt.sql i take "ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name" i want to run "umt.sql" query and also see result. thanx for your helping. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: temhem
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

Oracle Listener Error on Red hat 5

Hello everybody, the reason why im posting this thread is because i've installed an oracle test database on RHEL 5, on a localhost (Since it is for test)... the thing is, after i have installed the DB it works just fine, but after i re start it, i get the following errors when i want to go into the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blacksteel1988
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

TNS Timeout Error when connecting to SQLPLUS through scripts only

Hi, I am facing a strange issue when connecting to SQLPLUS via a shell scripts. I am using Linux 2.6.18-274.18.1 and gbash shell. When I connect to SQLPLUS through scripts then it throws TNS Time Out error ""sometimes"" and connects successfully other times.This is only happening when... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aashish.sharma8
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep all lines with the string "TNS-" but skip those with "TNS-12514"

Platform: Oracle Linux 6.3 From a log file, I want to grep all lines with the pattern "TNS-" but I want to skip those with the pattern "TNS-12514" . How can I do this ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing old TNS entries with New one in multiple files

I have requirement to replace old TNS entries with New one in multiple files. one file may contain more then one occurrence of tns. Example: Below is the one of occurrence in a current file(s). i am interested to replace only red part. <connection-pool name="Google_APP_CP"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDDubai333
4 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_SAPDAT(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_SAPDAT(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_SAPDatabase - Manages any SAP database (based on Oracle, MaxDB, or DB2) SYNOPSIS
SAPDatabase [start | stop | status | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Resource script for SAP databases. It manages a SAP database of any type as an HA resource. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
SID The unique SAP system identifier. e.g. P01 (unique, required, string, no default) DIR_EXECUTABLE The full qualified path where to find sapstartsrv and sapcontrol. (unique, optional, string, no default) DBTYPE The name of the database vendor you use. Set either: ORA,DB6,ADA (unique, required, string, no default) NETSERVICENAME The Oracle TNS listener name. (unique, optional, string, no default) DBJ2EE_ONLY If you do not have a ABAP stack installed in the SAP database, set this to TRUE (unique, optional, boolean, default false) JAVA_HOME This is only needed if the DBJ2EE_ONLY parameter is set to true. Enter the path to the Java SDK which is used by the SAP WebAS Java (unique, optional, string, no default) STRICT_MONITORING This controls how the resource agent monitors the database. If set to true, it will use SAP tools to test the connect to the database. Do not use with Oracle, because it will result in unwanted failovers in case of an archiver stuck (unique, optional, boolean, default false) AUTOMATIC_RECOVER The SAPDatabase resource agent tries to recover a failed start attempt automatically one time. This is done by running a forced abort of the RDBMS and/or executing recovery commands. (unique, optional, boolean, default false) DIR_BOOTSTRAP The full qualified path where to find the J2EE instance bootstrap directory. e.g. /usr/sap/P01/J00/j2ee/cluster/bootstrap (unique, optional, string, no default) DIR_SECSTORE The full qualified path where to find the J2EE security store directory. e.g. /usr/sap/P01/SYS/global/security/lib/tools (unique, optional, string, no default) DB_JARS The full qualified filename of the jdbc driver for the database connection test. It will be automatically read from the bootstrap.properties file in Java engine 6.40 and 7.00. For Java engine 7.10 and higher the parameter is mandatory. (unique, optional, string, no default) PRE_START_USEREXIT The full qualified path where to find a script or program which should be executed before this resource gets started. (unique, optional, string, no default) POST_START_USEREXIT The full qualified path where to find a script or program which should be executed after this resource got started. (unique, optional, string, no default) PRE_STOP_USEREXIT The full qualified path where to find a script or program which should be executed before this resource gets stopped. (unique, optional, string, no default) POST_STOP_USEREXIT The full qualified path where to find a script or program which should be executed after this resource got stopped. (unique, optional, string, no default) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 1800. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 1800. status Performs a status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 60. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 60. Suggested interval: 120. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. methods Suggested minimum timeout: 5. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a SAPDatabase resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_SAPDatabase ocf:heartbeat:SAPDatabase params SID=string DBTYPE=string op monitor depth="0" timeout="60" interval="120" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/SAPDatabase_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents UNKNOWN 03/09/2014 OCF_HEARTBEAT_SAPDAT(7)