Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to compare two String Time Post 302426299 by akabir77 on Tuesday 1st of June 2010 11:13:04 AM
Old 06-01-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudocoder
That's most likely because you had whitespaces (before and after the = sign) when you were assigning values to the above variables.
I took out the white space and that error is gone but I get the whole formula instead of a number

Code:
FTP_SEC=10*24*60+12*60+00

I changed my code as bellow now
Code:
	FTP_HOUR_SEC=$FTP_HOUR*24
	FTP_MIN_SEC=$FTP_HOUR_SEC*60+$FTP_MIN
	FTP_H_SEC=$FTP_MIN_SEC*60+$FTP_SEC

echo $FTP_H_SEC

and out put is
Code:
10*24*60+14*60+28

why is it not doing the calculation?

Same problem when I am doing this
Code:
       RUN_TIME=`date +'24*%H+60*%M+%S'`

echo RUN_TIME=$RUN_TIME

output:
RUN_TIME=24*10+60*16+17

instead of doing the math its printing the formula!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file time

i need to write script where I need to keep monitoring a files timestamp, if it changes, I need to run another abc.sh script. I am thinking I can save file's current timestamp in another file or enviornment variable and after 10 min compare the files timestamp with the original timestamp. If... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdr302
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to get 4 Hrs back time and compare with successive time

Hi all, I am working on a script in which i need to get 4 hrs back time from the current time which i got from this perl function : `perl -e 'print localtime(time() - 14400) . "\n"'` now i need to get this in a loop and increment that time by 15 minutes i.e i=900(=15minutes) `perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maanik85
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we compare time ...

Hi ... Is there a possibility that timings from two files be compared?? If i have a set of files in a folder and i want to get the files only upto a particular time. eg: If i have the files staff 2388 Oct 3 04:33 x.ksh staff 3628 Oct 3 06:57 1.ksh staff 32383... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sparks
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Last Modified Time across Time Zone

Hi, I'm new to shell script programming, I only have Java programming background. I'm writing a shell script to do file synchronization between 2 machines that located at different time zone area. Both machine were set its time zone according to its geographical location (Eg: server is at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: python
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare time in ksh

Hi I have several variables that hold time in the following format: A=01:30 B=23:35 C=22:45 Is there a way / Unix utility which can allow the to compare those time values? Thanks a lot -A (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

time from 2 files to compare

In first file say first.txt, i have a content say 14:56. In second file, say second.txt i have content say 16:01.... I want to compare if these two times in these 2 files are having a difference of 15 minutes...Can any one please help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.b
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare dates with time

Hi Team, I need to compare three dates and extract the greatest among them into a file. 21 Jan 2012 05:46:59,146 21 Jan 2012 02:12:30,113 17 Jan 2012 09:08:10,417 Please help regarding the same. Thanks in advance..!!! Please use tags where appropriate, thank you (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting string date time to unix time in AWK

I'd like to convert a date string in the form of sun aug 19 09:03:10 EDT 2012, to unixtime timestamp using awk. I tried This is how each line of the file looks like, different date and time in this format Sun Aug 19 08:33:45 EDT 2012, user1(108.6.217.236) all: test on the 17th ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkkid
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two time (HH:MM:SS) - ksh

Is it possible to compate two time (24-hour format)? What I need is to just check if the first time is earlier than the second time. ex: ./script.ksh 09:30:15 13:00:34 = okay ./script.ksh 05:25:00 02:30:50 = invalid arguments (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erin00
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Concatenate a string and number and compare that with another string in awk script

I have below code inside my awk script if ( $0 ~ /SVC IN:/ ) { svc_in=substr( $0,23 , 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) { msg_arr=$0; } } else if ( $0 ~ /^SVC OUT:/ ) { svc_out=substr( $0, 9, 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya123
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)